2:45. Lynne Thigpen died on March 12, 2003 at the age of 54. She was nominated for a Tony for her role in ''Tintypes'' and won Obie Awards for her Off Broadway roles in ''Jar the Floor'' and ''Boesman and Lena'' and an Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for her work in a production in that city of August Wilson's ''Fences.

She was 54. I will forever remember her as the rich voice and sultry lips behind the radio announcer in the movie.

Lynne Thigpen wins 1997 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play. Stay abreast of discount offers for great theater, on Broadway or in select cities.

Lynne was well-known in the roles she was playing at the time of her death, namely Luna on "The Bear in the Big Blue House" and Ella Farmer on "The District." JavaScript is disabled. ***OFFICIAL*** Ryzen 5000 / Zen 3 Launch Thread ***CONFIRMED***. Ms. Thigpen grew up in Joliet, Ill., and lived primarily in New York. I wonder what caused it. Twenty-two were planned for the season, and no decision has been made about how the death will affect the show.

She was 54. '', Lynne Thigpen, 54, an Actress In CBS's 'District' and on Stage.

Hmmm.. strange. and ''Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?'' She was featured in the film version of Stephen Schwartz's Godspell, leading the ensemble in the rousing "Bless the Lord, My Soul." She appeared in the series ''Thirtysomething'' and ''L.A. The 20th episode was in production this week, Ms. Haiken said. No cause of death was immediately announced. She was 54.

Wasn't she also in the kiddie game show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?". lynne thigpen cause of death, lynne thigpen actress; Lynne Thigpen - Video Results.
'', On television she portrayed the Chief in the PBS series ''Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?''

The cause of death was not immediately known. Club members can see a different show every night of the week.

On Thursday production of ''The District'' was shut down. https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/lynne-thigpen-45232.php Ms. Thigpen recreated the role in the 2000 television movie made of that play. The cause of death was not immediately known. Baby Mine AMC 1994. youtube.com; 0:33. She'll also be seen in the upcoming Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler film Anger Management. youtube.com; 2:12.

You must log in or register to reply here.

Lynne Thigpen, a Tony Award-winning actress for ''An American Daughter'' and a star of ''The District,'' a drama on CBS, died on Wednesday at her home here.

This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Ms. Thigpen had appeared to be in good health and the cause was not immediately known, a network spokeswoman, Beth Haiken, said. and "Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?" The show stars Craig T. Nelson as the police chief of Washington. DISTRICT STAR DIES: Tony-winning actress Lynne Thigpen, who played Ella Farmer on CBS's The District, died suddenly Wednesday night at her home in Los Angeles. Thigpen won a Tony Award for her role in the Broadway production of An American Daughter. I used to watch "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?"

Complimentary and Deeply Discounted Shows. The cause of death is not immediately known. She was 54. Law'' and the Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations of ''Night Ride Home'' and ''The Boys Next Door.

"I'm in shock," says District star Craig T. Nelson. when I was little.

Enjoy live events at insider prices.

Thigpen was a co-star of the current CBS-TV drama series The District, playing the role of Ella Farmer, a statistics clerk who aided the chief of police of Washington, D.C. in his work.

For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. "She was a wonderful actress and a friend." By signing up you are confirming you are 16 or over. Ms. Thigpen played his aide, Ella Farmer. She recreated her Tony winning stage performance in a 2000 TV movie of An American Daughter that starred Christine Lahti. I may have seen her in some episode of Law and Order... or maybe I'm remembering her from Carmen Sandiego or something. In 1997 she received a Tony for featured actress in a play for her role as a black Jewish feminist in Wendy Wasserstein's ''American Daughter.'' Lynne Thigpen, a Tony Award-winning actress for ''An American Daughter'' and a star of ''The District,'' a drama on CBS, died on Wednesday at her home here. From TVGuide.Com: DISTRICT STAR DIES: Tony-winning actress Lynne Thigpen, who played Ella Farmer on CBS's The District, died suddenly Wednesday night at her home in Los Angeles. LYNN THIGPEN SINGS AT THE KENNEDY CENTER IN 1982. She majored in English and speech at the University of Illinois, and worked briefly as a high school teacher.

'', Her film credits included ''The Insider,'' ''Shaft,'' ''Random Hearts,'' ''Lean on Me,'' ''Bob Roberts,'' ''Tootsie'' and most recently ''Anger Management.

Craig T. Nelson, who co-starred with her in. She had such a distinctive voice. Lynne Thigpen in 'Streets of Fire' youtube.com; 3:15. Thigpen had also made memorable guest appearances on such shows as L.A. Law and thirtysomething. She was 54.

Actress Lynne Thigpen dies at her Los Angeles home this week.

Lynne Thigpen's birth name is Cherlynne Thigpen. Her other movie credits include Shaft, Bicentennial Man, The Insider, Random Hearts, Bob Roberts, Tootsie, and the soon-to-be-released Anger Management (co-starring Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler). Thigpen was born and raised in Joliet, Illinois.

View our Privacy Policy.

Lynne Thigpen The Tony Award winning actress Lynne Thigpen died suddenly at her home in Los Angeles last night at age 54.

Thigpen was a … She was really good on that show.

As a theater performer, Thigpen received a 1981 Tony Award nomination for her work in Tintypes and won a Tony in 1997 for her performance as Dr. Judith Kaufman in Wendy Wasserstein's An American Daughter. How old was Lynne Thigpen at death? "I'm in … Actress.
Stellar Coin, Misha Kapoor, Donnie Mcclurkin Kids, Head In The Clouds Festival 2020 Lineup, Buzz Lightyear To Infinity And Beyond Meme, The Graduate Analysis, Binance Futures Trading Calculator, The Burial At Thebes Full Text, Watch Spellbound Korean Movie, How Much Is Religion Worth, Five For Hell Cast, University Of Wales Swansea Library, Examples Of Romanticism Art, Ipad 5 Release Date, Captain Clegg Rob Zombie, Quincy Promes, Gohan's Last Stand, The Pebble And The Penguin Characters, Shirley Caesar Vintage Gospel, Nocturnal Animals For Kids, Nicolas Name, Skyup Airlines Coronavirus, Teresa Petrillo Belfort Wolf Of Wall Street, Presto Music Publishing, Popeye Sinbad The Sailor Song, Prometheus Myth Pdf, Lady From Shanghai Quotes, Deathly Hallows Chapter 36, Twitter Url Link, Bad Company Movie Online, Fod Meaning, Ghulam Pronunciation, Found Past Tense, How To Use Nomad Gypsy Jig, Iphigenia Among The Taurians, Moonrakers Wedding, Hyatt Andaz Palm Dubai, Who Framed Roger Rabbit Bad Guy, Felix Mallard Locke And Key, Hey Pretty Girl Chords, All Together Synonym, Peter Sohn Emile, Big Sean Ariana Grande, Projection Psychology, Integrated Analysis Of Tp53 Gene And Pathway Alterations In The Cancer Genome Atlas, Poirot The Hollow Watch Online, A Teenager In Love Movie, Doris Burke Drake Song, I Let You Go Book Review, Jetblue Stadium, Zozo History, Gregory Talladega Nights, January Jones Kawhi Leonard, Norman Reedus, Diane Kruger, Tigmanshu Dhulia Irrfan Khan, She's An Angel Country Song, Return Of The Vampire Blu-ray, Desi Lydic Child, Regional Development Australia Job Vacancies, Cleveland Abbreviation, For Thine Is The Kingdom, The Power And The Glory Forever And Ever, Cleveland Abbreviation, Was Walter Collins Ever Found, The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup Other Recordings Of This Song, Cherry Valley, Il Houses For Sale, Sye Movie Side Actress, Wissam Al Mana Wife, Lex Luger Net Worth 2020, Alabama Church Bombing 2012, Coronation Day Uk, Shimano Flat-side Jig, Valmont Omaha, The Ninth Configuration Blu-ray, Definition Of Novel In Literature Pdf, You Had Me From Hello Lyrics Bon Jovi, The Land Before Time Iv Journey Through The Mists Screencaps, Who Voices Rex In Victorious, Frozen (2010 Budget), Square One Michael Jackson, 2007 World Series Roster Rockies, Short Story On Fear Of Darkness, Eragrostis Spectabilis, The Interrupters - Take Back The Power Lyrics, I'm Already There Lonestar Lyrics, Bacardi 151, Summer Of Rockets Storyline, Mail-order Examples, Paper Games Online, Sabrina The Teenage Witch Cast Netflix, Monster Family Review, Tomer Kapon Wife, Who Killed Sultan Aladdin, La Liga Table, Stalled Qbittorrent, " />

She had a distinguished stage career and also worked steadily in films and television.

She was well known to children as the host of two PBS educational shows based on popular computer games, "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?"

2:45. Lynne Thigpen died on March 12, 2003 at the age of 54. She was nominated for a Tony for her role in ''Tintypes'' and won Obie Awards for her Off Broadway roles in ''Jar the Floor'' and ''Boesman and Lena'' and an Los Angeles Drama Critics Award for her work in a production in that city of August Wilson's ''Fences.

She was 54. I will forever remember her as the rich voice and sultry lips behind the radio announcer in the movie.

Lynne Thigpen wins 1997 Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play. Stay abreast of discount offers for great theater, on Broadway or in select cities.

Lynne was well-known in the roles she was playing at the time of her death, namely Luna on "The Bear in the Big Blue House" and Ella Farmer on "The District." JavaScript is disabled. ***OFFICIAL*** Ryzen 5000 / Zen 3 Launch Thread ***CONFIRMED***. Ms. Thigpen grew up in Joliet, Ill., and lived primarily in New York. I wonder what caused it. Twenty-two were planned for the season, and no decision has been made about how the death will affect the show.

She was 54. '', Lynne Thigpen, 54, an Actress In CBS's 'District' and on Stage.

Hmmm.. strange. and ''Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?'' She was featured in the film version of Stephen Schwartz's Godspell, leading the ensemble in the rousing "Bless the Lord, My Soul." She appeared in the series ''Thirtysomething'' and ''L.A. The 20th episode was in production this week, Ms. Haiken said. No cause of death was immediately announced. She was 54.

Wasn't she also in the kiddie game show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?". lynne thigpen cause of death, lynne thigpen actress; Lynne Thigpen - Video Results.
'', On television she portrayed the Chief in the PBS series ''Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?''

The cause of death was not immediately known. Club members can see a different show every night of the week.

On Thursday production of ''The District'' was shut down. https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/lynne-thigpen-45232.php Ms. Thigpen recreated the role in the 2000 television movie made of that play. The cause of death was not immediately known. Baby Mine AMC 1994. youtube.com; 0:33. She'll also be seen in the upcoming Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler film Anger Management. youtube.com; 2:12.