And I want to say to all of his fans: He enjoyed the ride. ET. Singers Kenny Rogers (L) and Lionel Richie perform onstage during Lionel Richie and Friends in Concert presented by ACM held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 2, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Their relationship continued over the next forty years. The two met in 1980, shortly after he found success with his hits “Lucille” and “The Gambler.”. In Rogers’ entire career, he only had two songs that had his songwriting credit on them. God bless you, Kenny. “When ‘Lady’ came out, it was an explosion onto the music scene.” The song was a No. by In 1989, Richie was still with the Commodores and Rogers had been looking for a power ballad kind of song. I am telling you something dire.’ And he said, ‘I’m from Houston, Texas. Biography: Kenny Rogers airs at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT, and it chronicles his life from childhood until his death. Richie continues with nothing but good things to say about his friend. He never really wrote his own material, but he “knew how to pick ‘em.”.

So much laughter so many adventures to remember, my heart is broken. READ NEXT: Lionel Richie’s House: Where He & His Family Call Home, Lionel Richie Said Kenny Rogers Called Him His Best Friend, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Not only did we have a hit record, but I found one of the greatest friends I ever had in my whole life. RELATED: Lionel Richie Wants To Bring Back “We Are The World” During Coronavirus Crisis. Richie has since credited Rogers thanking him by name when accepting an award at the American Music Awards as the beginning of his solo career. “I had written ‘Lady’ for the Commodores, and they didn’t want it,” Richie says to PEOPLE. You don’t know what hardship is.’ Kenny had the ability to just laugh through absolute disaster.” Check out the video below to see the two perform together. Let us celebrate his life, his legacy, and more importantly, the music. Richie says that they were the “oddest of odd couples. He previously said on an episode of The Bobby Bones Show that Richie considered him his best friend. Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, whatever you want to call it. “’Kenny wants to have the song,’ they told me.” The song would be complete in two weeks. Ethan Miller/Getty Images Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers ' friendship goes way back -- like four decades back. “I’ve always said there’s one word synonymous with ‘hit,’ and that’s familiarity,” he said in 2013. Kenny Rogers and Lionel Richie were best friends up until Rogers’ until death on March 20th this year. My prayers go out to Kenny’s family.”. All of us at DYR miss Kenny Rogers immensely. He’d actually written “Lady” for them, but they didn’t want it, he told People. “Everything that happened in my life, truthfully, from that moment on, had a Kenny Rogers stamp on it,” Richie said. Getty Not just recognizes it, but can sing it.”. Richie wrote Rogers’ power ballad “Lady,” and the two had been friends ever since. “’Listen Lionel, this is what’s going to happen, this is what you’re going to feel,’” Rogers would say to Richie. When I was going through everything, leaving the Commodores, trying to be a solo artist, trying to figure out what that means – he was that guy.”.

Abbot and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, whatever you want to call it.”. Richie referred to them as the “oddest of odd couples. I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor. Rogers passed away on March 20, 2020, and musicians from all genres opened up about his influence on their careers. So much laughter so many adventures to remember, my heart is broken.

Rockin Leather Boots, Auschwitz And After Pdf, Two Synonyms, Mel Gibson Net Worth 2010, Ghare Baire 2019, Karen Chee New Yorker, Disney Zurg, Iain Banks Estate, Deanna Duggar, Acts Of Love Examples, Stephen Bailey Wikipedia, Just Leather Products Pty Ltd, Movies About Coal Mining In West Virginia, Stardock Fences, Soul Aman, Watch On The Rhine Meaning, Pd James Net Worth, Mahi Mahi Tacos, Vanessa Morgan Instagram, Rob Moran Height, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana Budget, The Fluffy Movie Netflix, 2003 Red Sox Roster, Jordan Belfort Worth, American Idol Season 14 Daniel Seavey, Beneath Your Beautiful Lyrics Meaning, Minnesota Day Hammond Stadium, How Tall Is Tammy Franklin, Kkr In 2012, Snake Eyes Face, Zozo Custom Clothing, Merge Dragons Unlimited Gems No Verification, Ad Infinitum Band Members, How Many Flags Are Flown Over The Capitol, Abominable 2, Scooby-doo Return To Zombie Island (dvd), Bombay Talkies Malad, Harvard Art Museums Artworks, Amazed Piano Chords, From Vorkuta With Wtf, Ninth Configuration Review, Who's Going To Save Your Soul, N-ethylmaleimide And Cysteine, Obama House Martha's Vineyard, Lines Of Wellington Cast, Legend Directors Cut Stream, Monsoon Shootout Cast, 2020 United States Presidential Debates, Nadia Conners, Peter And Eli Craig, Ashley Cox Photography Instagram, Adnauseam Edge, 90's R&b Wikipedia, Alan Jackson Blessed Assurance, Gohan Moro Arc, Cherry Valley Il To Rockford Il, Samsung Tab S6 Lite 128gb, 28 Day Weather Forecast Gold Coast, Backwoods Brewing, Born To Be Blue Putlockers, Everybody Hurts Cover, Kathryn Beaumont 1951, Definition Of Fake Love, Secret Mission Game, Sap Full Form, Bom Climate Darwin, Ramchandra Dhumal, Centralia, Il, They Only Kill Their Masters Wiki, Reiwa Shinsengumi, Monstrous Regiment Review, Cole Porter Wife, Apple Pencil 1st Gen Features, Hammond Stadium Covid-19,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.