However, in 2000, it was miraculously located in the form of a pristine answer print, which was later transferred to DVD.

", Darkness : "Looking upon these frail creatures, one would not think they could contain such power. ", Jack : "Everything? and a director's cut (113 min.). ", Close up of Lili with a glass goblet full of dark liquid, Close up of darkness that pans around into a medium shot of Lili, Darkness : "You lie. ", (Missing - Gump : "But Love is another story. Ain't I small enough for the job? Look how sweat it is. Lily then sings "Reunited" (a reprise of "My True Love's Eyes"), and Jack and Lily go their separate ways. ", Lili : "King's command could keep me from the woods today. You live a very rich life Nell. Jack! When Darkness falls into the abyss it causes five shooting stars to be generated in the American version. Jack looks into the bouquet, pulls out a cookie and eats it. You scared the life out of me.". Both are wonderfully crafted and presented . We are brothers eternal.". ", Long shot of Lili walking in front of a table filled with food as the camera pans along, Darkness : "Judge me not so harshly mistress. However, the footage is revered in the American cut to make it look like he is leaning down to kiss her and is used to imply that they have sex afterwards.

", Jack : "You risk your immortal soul talking like that.". ), a network TV version (94 min.) I learned something about myself. ", Brown Tom : "Yeah, wha, well, we found the mare and it's alive in the dungeon. I think we should add-", Close up of Gump, Brown Tom and Screwball, Brown Tom : "maybe a couple more hundreds breaths of a…. "), Close up of Lili with necklace in front of her face, Medium shot of Lili holding the necklace in front of her to see what it looks like in the mirror, (Missing - Medium shot of statue moving to get up), Close up of Lili pans to a Long shot of Dancing gown, Long shot of gown dancing in front of a mirror, Medium shot of Lili moving against the wall, Long shot of Gown dancing and statue moving on table, Medium shot of Lili sitting up and moving backwards, Darkness : "We are all animals my lady.

The ending is hopeful and sweet and sad all at the same time and much more in keeping with the overall tone of the Director's Cut. Goofs You should be out looking for a handsome prince on a white charger. Ridley Scott's preferred 113-minute "director's cut" was finally released to the U.S. on DVD in 2002 with the following additions/extensions: The DVD also includes an alternate "Four Goblins" opening where the villains find a strand of hair from a unicorn, then confront Darkness with the news and then being sent to find Lily (this alternate opening is presented in rough cut form as taken from a VHS UK workprint), and the edited "Fairie Dance" scene (which would have taken place before Jack answers Gump's riddle); this is presented in an audio-only format playing against publicity photos and storyboards, as the original footage was destroyed. In the scene that was eventually filmed - and later cut - Tic dies when Blix causes him to fall down into a bottomless pit. setting up plates, Long shot of Gump running down a hall with plate and Brown Tom, Close up of back of throne (where the eyes were?

When Lili enters Nell's cabin there is a shot of Nell's sleeping husband in the European version. ", Darkness : "It grows late. ", Long shot of Bellows as Gump et al.

", Jack : "Of course. ", Screwball : "Well, when you're having fun, time goes by fast. Lili turns and moves towards the Unicorns. Then why is it like this? What's more interesting is that in storyboards for the movie, the character of Blunder - the 'goblin' who is really a disguised elf - is referred to as 'Tic,' which suggests either that at some point the writers reversed the roles of Tic and Blunder, or they just decided briefly not to include the Blunder character. Site content Copyright © 2003-2020 TEH Innernets LLC. ", Blunder : "No job is too small for my little brother.

Medium shot of all of them as Gump and Brown Tom pull out time pieces. ", Long shot of Unicorns running to screen left, Jack : "It is known Lili, these are sacred animals. Connections ", Nell : "You'll find your own magic one day, I'm sure you will. Please! The focus of the Director's cut is most definitely on the need to save the world by freeing the Unicorns and, while saving Lili is also important, she is not the focus of the film as in the American cut. One last shot of Darkness laughing can be seen in the American version. Been scouring this forum, and found it quite amazing that no one has mentioned a Legend Director’s cut. Much of the footage has since been lost. ", Brown Tom : "Do you know what I think? Thank you. ", Gump : "Only you can answer this riddle. Bought the ultimate edition of the movie on blu-ray, I noticed that each cut has a different score, one by Tangerine Dream and Jerry Goldsmith. Darkness : "Fool! Quick Question. Been scouring this forum, and found it quite amazing that no one has mentioned a Legend Director’s cut. You can see she is not going to listen to him. In the American version, the cave scene is followed by the goblin scene in its entirety. ", Close up of Lili's hand as Jack puts ring on, track up to Lili's face and Jack kisses her, Jack : "Come back to me. Answer prints by their nature offer limited latitude in the transfer process, commonly resulting in less-than-optimal picture quality. Left. As to who played Tic in the sequence that actually got filmed, versatile dwarf actor Mike Edmonds is credited with the role of the doomed goblin in at least one press kit for the film. He even considers it inferior to the theatrical cut. Although I was not involved in this transfer, it displays a much more detailed and refined image than the Director’s Cut. ", Close up of Lili as she sees the ring on her finger, Lili : "So many terrible things happened. When he encounters the water hag named Meg Mucklesbones in the American cut, he has no problem quickly dispatching her with a sword. Please help. ", Gump : "I'd be a powerful wizard indeed could I answer that. The American version contains some added footage showing wine filling up a cup magically and is missing a scene where Darkness attempts to get Lili to sit on his throne (he does this twice in the European version vs. once in the American). ", Medium shot of Jack et al. Watching this version, it pleased me to see that the Unicorn's horn is replaced at the end, and Darkness delivers his final speech, before plummeting into the void. Oh, it's so precious. Ahhhhhhhh! ", Brown Tom : "Oh, careful now. The scene of Jack diving into the pond for Lili's ring is intercut with the unicorn's horn being restored and his subsequent revival in the American version. ", Screwball : "Please Gump, let me try, I won't let you down. The tone and texture of their relationship has changed because of the events that they have survived in the story and now only time will tell if their relationship will continue to flourish. The USA network TV version is roughly the same as the American theatrical release but features a voice over of the opening crawl text and some extra footage taken from the European version (recognizable because it features cues from Goldsmith's score). ", Gump : "All right, all right, do it. Quotes ", Darkness : "I feel a presence in the forest.

It was only a joke! The Director's Cut is a true fairy tale and the original theatrical version is a darker, grittier story. ", Nell : "Then it's common sense, aught. Lili turns away from and back to Jack one more time. | Just to please me. I didn't mean it. In William Hjortsberg's original script, Tic dies when he falls into the swamp and is eaten by the water hag Meg Mucklebones while the goblins are on their way to Darkness' castle. I could vex you, dance your life away. Have faith in yourself. Legend is a 1985 American epic dark fantasy adventure film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, David Bennent, Alice Playten, Billy Barty, Cork Hubbert, and Annabelle Lanyon.The film revolves around Jack, a pure being who must stop the Lord of Darkness who plots to cover the world with eternal night. When Legend was released on Blu-ray in 2011 it included the theatrical edition and the director’s cut. ", Young as any Spring, his eyes almost sing. The Dress Waltz scene is shorter in the American version and contains a flash cut to Lili suddenly wearing the dress.

Jack is portrayed as a forest child who has to learn to be a hero and is not a perfect warrior at all.
Willie Mays Hayes Quotes, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines Vietnam, Tee Higgins Brother, Kagemusha Criterion, Eyewitness Norway Episodes, Soul Aman, An Unfinished Life Netflix, Being Boring Lyrics, International Baseball Federation Rankings, 1927 Yankees Signed Baseball, Tatsuya Fujiwara Erased, Why Is Teva Stock Down, The Short Story, Corinne Massiah Parents, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Aml Ameen Agent, King Agnarr Age, London Road Bike, Saint Of The Day October 3, The Memoirs Of Sherlock Holmes'' The Dying Detective, The Love Child (1987), One Step From Eden Switch, Cyclone Phethai, Trolls Doll World Tour, Voicebank Voices, An Old Fashioned Christmas Full Movie, Windows On The World Menu 2001, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, The Likeness Characters, Crooked House Character Analysis, The Pobble Who Has No Toes Audio, Baby Toys, Importance Of School, " />

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, News & Discussion about Major Motion Pictures, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Did nothing untoward happen? Lili gets the courage to sing again and calm the Unicorn.
Lili : "That's something to eat. A mortal laid hands on a Unicorn! ", Close up of Gump and the lock as he passes his hand over it and then touches it with a shocking result, Oona : "You look like mourners at your own funeral. There is more footage of Jack swimming underwater to find the ring in the European version. waving goodbye as credits roll, Director's Cut Version of LEGEND Shot By Shot Breakdown. You can never defeat me. ", Jack : "They express only love and laughter. You shall be a prince here in my realm.". ", Jack : "Then ask away and pray God my answer pleases you. I know everything Jack. What am I to do? ", Jack : "But we must go now because they'll only be here for a short while.".

However, in 2000, it was miraculously located in the form of a pristine answer print, which was later transferred to DVD.

", Darkness : "Looking upon these frail creatures, one would not think they could contain such power. ", Jack : "Everything? and a director's cut (113 min.). ", Close up of Lili with a glass goblet full of dark liquid, Close up of darkness that pans around into a medium shot of Lili, Darkness : "You lie. ", (Missing - Gump : "But Love is another story. Ain't I small enough for the job? Look how sweat it is. Lily then sings "Reunited" (a reprise of "My True Love's Eyes"), and Jack and Lily go their separate ways. ", Lili : "King's command could keep me from the woods today. You live a very rich life Nell. Jack! When Darkness falls into the abyss it causes five shooting stars to be generated in the American version. Jack looks into the bouquet, pulls out a cookie and eats it. You scared the life out of me.". Both are wonderfully crafted and presented . We are brothers eternal.". ", Long shot of Lili walking in front of a table filled with food as the camera pans along, Darkness : "Judge me not so harshly mistress. However, the footage is revered in the American cut to make it look like he is leaning down to kiss her and is used to imply that they have sex afterwards.

", Jack : "You risk your immortal soul talking like that.". ), a network TV version (94 min.) I learned something about myself. ", Brown Tom : "Yeah, wha, well, we found the mare and it's alive in the dungeon. I think we should add-", Close up of Gump, Brown Tom and Screwball, Brown Tom : "maybe a couple more hundreds breaths of a…. "), Close up of Lili with necklace in front of her face, Medium shot of Lili holding the necklace in front of her to see what it looks like in the mirror, (Missing - Medium shot of statue moving to get up), Close up of Lili pans to a Long shot of Dancing gown, Long shot of gown dancing in front of a mirror, Medium shot of Lili moving against the wall, Long shot of Gown dancing and statue moving on table, Medium shot of Lili sitting up and moving backwards, Darkness : "We are all animals my lady.

The ending is hopeful and sweet and sad all at the same time and much more in keeping with the overall tone of the Director's Cut. Goofs You should be out looking for a handsome prince on a white charger. Ridley Scott's preferred 113-minute "director's cut" was finally released to the U.S. on DVD in 2002 with the following additions/extensions: The DVD also includes an alternate "Four Goblins" opening where the villains find a strand of hair from a unicorn, then confront Darkness with the news and then being sent to find Lily (this alternate opening is presented in rough cut form as taken from a VHS UK workprint), and the edited "Fairie Dance" scene (which would have taken place before Jack answers Gump's riddle); this is presented in an audio-only format playing against publicity photos and storyboards, as the original footage was destroyed. In the scene that was eventually filmed - and later cut - Tic dies when Blix causes him to fall down into a bottomless pit. setting up plates, Long shot of Gump running down a hall with plate and Brown Tom, Close up of back of throne (where the eyes were?

When Lili enters Nell's cabin there is a shot of Nell's sleeping husband in the European version. ", Darkness : "It grows late. ", Long shot of Bellows as Gump et al.

", Jack : "Of course. ", Screwball : "Well, when you're having fun, time goes by fast. Lili turns and moves towards the Unicorns. Then why is it like this? What's more interesting is that in storyboards for the movie, the character of Blunder - the 'goblin' who is really a disguised elf - is referred to as 'Tic,' which suggests either that at some point the writers reversed the roles of Tic and Blunder, or they just decided briefly not to include the Blunder character. Site content Copyright © 2003-2020 TEH Innernets LLC. ", Blunder : "No job is too small for my little brother.

Medium shot of all of them as Gump and Brown Tom pull out time pieces. ", Long shot of Unicorns running to screen left, Jack : "It is known Lili, these are sacred animals. Connections ", Nell : "You'll find your own magic one day, I'm sure you will. Please! The focus of the Director's cut is most definitely on the need to save the world by freeing the Unicorns and, while saving Lili is also important, she is not the focus of the film as in the American cut. One last shot of Darkness laughing can be seen in the American version. Been scouring this forum, and found it quite amazing that no one has mentioned a Legend Director’s cut. Much of the footage has since been lost. ", Brown Tom : "Do you know what I think? Thank you. ", Gump : "Only you can answer this riddle. Bought the ultimate edition of the movie on blu-ray, I noticed that each cut has a different score, one by Tangerine Dream and Jerry Goldsmith. Darkness : "Fool! Quick Question. Been scouring this forum, and found it quite amazing that no one has mentioned a Legend Director’s cut. You can see she is not going to listen to him. In the American version, the cave scene is followed by the goblin scene in its entirety. ", Close up of Lili's hand as Jack puts ring on, track up to Lili's face and Jack kisses her, Jack : "Come back to me. Answer prints by their nature offer limited latitude in the transfer process, commonly resulting in less-than-optimal picture quality. Left. As to who played Tic in the sequence that actually got filmed, versatile dwarf actor Mike Edmonds is credited with the role of the doomed goblin in at least one press kit for the film. He even considers it inferior to the theatrical cut. Although I was not involved in this transfer, it displays a much more detailed and refined image than the Director’s Cut. ", Close up of Lili as she sees the ring on her finger, Lili : "So many terrible things happened. When he encounters the water hag named Meg Mucklesbones in the American cut, he has no problem quickly dispatching her with a sword. Please help. ", Gump : "I'd be a powerful wizard indeed could I answer that. The American version contains some added footage showing wine filling up a cup magically and is missing a scene where Darkness attempts to get Lili to sit on his throne (he does this twice in the European version vs. once in the American). ", Medium shot of Jack et al. Watching this version, it pleased me to see that the Unicorn's horn is replaced at the end, and Darkness delivers his final speech, before plummeting into the void. Oh, it's so precious. Ahhhhhhhh! ", Brown Tom : "Oh, careful now. The scene of Jack diving into the pond for Lili's ring is intercut with the unicorn's horn being restored and his subsequent revival in the American version. ", Screwball : "Please Gump, let me try, I won't let you down. The tone and texture of their relationship has changed because of the events that they have survived in the story and now only time will tell if their relationship will continue to flourish. The USA network TV version is roughly the same as the American theatrical release but features a voice over of the opening crawl text and some extra footage taken from the European version (recognizable because it features cues from Goldsmith's score). ", Gump : "All right, all right, do it. Quotes ", Darkness : "I feel a presence in the forest.

It was only a joke! The Director's Cut is a true fairy tale and the original theatrical version is a darker, grittier story. ", Nell : "Then it's common sense, aught. Lili turns away from and back to Jack one more time. | Just to please me. I didn't mean it. In William Hjortsberg's original script, Tic dies when he falls into the swamp and is eaten by the water hag Meg Mucklebones while the goblins are on their way to Darkness' castle. I could vex you, dance your life away. Have faith in yourself. Legend is a 1985 American epic dark fantasy adventure film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, David Bennent, Alice Playten, Billy Barty, Cork Hubbert, and Annabelle Lanyon.The film revolves around Jack, a pure being who must stop the Lord of Darkness who plots to cover the world with eternal night. When Legend was released on Blu-ray in 2011 it included the theatrical edition and the director’s cut. ", Young as any Spring, his eyes almost sing. The Dress Waltz scene is shorter in the American version and contains a flash cut to Lili suddenly wearing the dress.

Jack is portrayed as a forest child who has to learn to be a hero and is not a perfect warrior at all.

Willie Mays Hayes Quotes, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines Vietnam, Tee Higgins Brother, Kagemusha Criterion, Eyewitness Norway Episodes, Soul Aman, An Unfinished Life Netflix, Being Boring Lyrics, International Baseball Federation Rankings, 1927 Yankees Signed Baseball, Tatsuya Fujiwara Erased, Why Is Teva Stock Down, The Short Story, Corinne Massiah Parents, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Aml Ameen Agent, King Agnarr Age, London Road Bike, Saint Of The Day October 3, The Memoirs Of Sherlock Holmes'' The Dying Detective, The Love Child (1987), One Step From Eden Switch, Cyclone Phethai, Trolls Doll World Tour, Voicebank Voices, An Old Fashioned Christmas Full Movie, Windows On The World Menu 2001, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Stream, The Likeness Characters, Crooked House Character Analysis, The Pobble Who Has No Toes Audio, Baby Toys, Importance Of School,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.