A movie that will take you to the edge of your mind. Like many great works of art, it doesn't settle into any middle ground. This movie has it, all but it also requires some ability to think.

The IMDB rating says it all: VERY few people know about this one, but those who do are nearly unanimous: this is outstanding storytelling. User Ratings Most people (including myself) probably missed this film or caught part of it somewhere and dismissed it as another B-movie or take-off of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. You've seen nothing like this before!!! Part thriller, part scatterbrain comedy, and part theology lesson, The Ninth Configuration is a film wholly unique and worth seeking. Elsewhere", so I thought that it may be just bad enough to be amusing. No two people agree on exactly what this movie is saying or even how to interpret the conclusion. Some patients are staging Shakespeare for dogs, others pretend thier superheroes, others imagine thier Steve Mcqueen in The Great Escape and all of them are mad. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.

At its worst, it is supposed to be profound; at its best it's amusing.

Another of those great films that nobody has ever seen, this is a terrific showcase for Writer-Director William P Blatty's excellent script as well as two powerhouse performances from Stacy Keach and Scott Wilson. Jason Miller in particular is brilliant, and Stacy Keach, who you might think "wooden" for a little while, turns in one of his strongest performances. An allegory that's so impossibly overstuffed that it can't help but explode. Requires careful attention due to heady content and some complex twists and turns in the plot. William Peter Blatty of 'The Exorcist' fame adapted his own novel for his debut as writer/director and came up with a mind-bending classic. Yes, the Shawshank Redemption was very good. Don't have an account? If you can find this movie rent it, invite several friends over, and enjoy the discussion after. Like the Gothic castle (festooned with gargoyles, crucifixes and posters of Bela Lugosi) in which The Ninth Configuration is predominantly set, Blatty's film is something of a grand folly, by turns uproariously funny and deadly serious.... unusual dark comedy, with stacy keach at his best.

(Is the Exorcist, without Reagan, in a tour near the Cukoos nest) I think is a film every filmgore must see a lot of times. Let it happen. William Peter Blatty, as usual, uses his story as a medium to transcend his personal opinions on questions about the relationship between God and man. One of the most underrated movies of the last twenty five years. A man who commits a lonely suicide has to be considered a martyr? To me the mark of a well done intelligent movie is the discussion it provokes after the closing credits. It's really funny to watch. (The last scene could be cut and everyone happy) Well, I want to know who sings the opening song, if anyone can help!!). But this is a hidden classic.

This is the plot synopis from IMDb: 'A new commanding officer arrives at a remote castle serving as an insane asylum for crazy and AWOL U.S. Army soldiers where he attempts to rehabilitate them by allowing them to live out their crazy fantasies while combating his own long-suppressed insanity.' God a giant foot? Sign up here. Quentin Tarantino, eat your heart out: THIS is how it's supposed to be done. Just this one time. William Peter Blatty's Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Kane!! ****SPOILERS ALERT**** Arriving at a secret military instillation in the cold and rainy Pacific North-West that looks like a medieval castle Col. Vincent Kane, Stacy Keach, takes charge of mental therapy for those mentally broken servicemen incarcerated there who's psychosis is due to their military experiences. Brilliant, funny, moving examination of faith from Blatty. Should be the centerpiece of a Stacy Keach shrine somewhere . He adapts his own novel for the big screen in this bizarre film about an astronaut (Scott Wilson) who's reached his breaking point and a military doctor (Stacy Keach) who's trying to reach out to him. Instead, it's half absurdest comedy, half existential thriller. I was not wrong! What's more, 'The Ninth Configuration' is virtually unclassifiable as far as traditional genre categories go and will leave you reeling from the barrage of bizarre images, comedic one-liners, theological debates, and a bar room brawl to end them all! For that, and much else, it is unique. "The Ninth Configuration" is the sort of film people either love or hate. The dialogue is pointless, and the characters cliched. I had no idea what I was seeing but it was very interesting and when it was over It quickly became one of my all time favorite films along with: Alien, Catch 22, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (I Know), Dr Strange Love, The Taking Of Pelham 1,2,3 etc. There are very few films about mentally ill people that stand out as classics (Cuckoo's Nest being the Gold Standard), but I believe The Ninth Configuration is one of those films. Who is sane at all? Sounds good to me. Awards It tends to be somewhat confusing in the beginning but if the viewer sticks with it, he/she will be rewarded with an incredible experience - one that they will certainly want to repeat. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy It's my all-time favorite movie, not perfect but a real screen miracle all the same. | I have several contenders but this brilliant movie must surely top the list! Then i tried to find it in video as "Twinkle..." Just a month ago finally discover the real name.

Or are they? I have watched it maybe a dozen times, and every time I get something out of it. First of all, forgive my English. He is the same astronaut present at Chris McNeil's party in "The Exorcist." Your patience will be rewarded, I assure you - it all comes together, culminating in a bar-room brawl that is an absolute textbook piece of tension-building. It's rare to find five films that offer as much combined intelligence, passion, visceral excitement, and uncontrolled belly laughs as this. and the Terms and Policies,

. It slows down what would eventually evolve into a great story, and it stops the film from achieving greatness. Well, well, well. | In short, it brings down the movie. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Copyright © Fandango. Full Review | Original Score: 4/5

It has so many seemingly incongruous elements yet amazingly in the end it ties them all together and packs an emotional punch very few films manage. As I'm sure many others have said it is very difficult to describe or sum up accurately. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! I saw The Ninth Configuration years ago, when i was just a kid because I was a fan of The Exorcist. Like many great works of art, it doesn't settle into any middle ground. External Reviews Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jake Gyllenhaal Will Star in HBO Limited Series.

Blatty wrote an interesting novel concerning several of his constant obsessions. . Who believes they are faking, but are insane?
"The Ninth Configuration" is the sort of film people either love or hate. 'Hamlet' acted by dogs? I have watched it several times and find that I appreciate it more with every viewing. I'm a mexican who lives in Acapulco now, so I'm not Hamlet. This is the sort of movie they don't make any … Turning over to the back, I skimmed the summary, saw that it starred Mike Hammer and the guy who mooned us in the last season of "St. (My parents did'nt know) But i was shocked by the movie. Yes, it's THAT good.
Tory Kittles Brother, Amy Jump Age, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry Johnny Cash, Pedwranfach Merthyr Tydfil, Emma Fitzpatrick Wiki, The Warning Netflix Review, Guardians Of The Galaxy Song, How Tall Is Boo, Tom Sturridge Sandman, Nationals League, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Mermaid Cast, Monty Python And The Holy Grail Facts, The Garden Of Words 2, Shin Godzilla 4th Form, School Of Life Sydney, Enchanted Movie Watch Online With Subtitles, Mind Of The Maker Sayers Pdf, Maria Firmina Dos Reis Biografia, Mrs Doubtfire Helloooo Meme, Huang Bo Monkey King, Austria/hungary Food, What's Up With Love 2 Full Movie, Pokémon Movie 24, El Dorado Movie 2019, Karate Kiba, Children's Worship Songs With Actions, President Of Baseball Operations Salary, Fist Of Fury 123movies, Coal Miner Daughter Accuracy, I Just Want To Love You 2019, Trevor Noah Social Distancing Show, Coat Of Many Colors Movie Trailer, Anna Renee Duggar Children, Cría Cuervos Meaning, Anti Clockwise Watch, Tiger On The Beat 2 (1990), The Academy Of Magic Release Date, Asereje Meaning Devil, Yeh Nayan Dare Dare Lyrics, Hook Series Thai Bl, Where Is The Gulag Archipelago, The Crow: City Of Angels Watch Online, Koch Brothers Netflix, Red Tomahawk (1967), Uber Unemployment, Mrs Rogers Contact, Kursk Battle, I Am Somebody's Child: The Regina Louise Story Full Movie 123movies, Lovecraft Country Trailer Song, Why Did Capheus Actor Change In Sense8, Bengal Cat, Cambrian Oil Lamp, What Happened To Stephen Chow, Satyamev Jayate Logo Png, There's Always Room At The Top Expansion Of Idea, American Association Of Independent Professional Baseball Standings, Rocky Top Sports World, Alejandro Rey Son, Is The Door To Hell Still Burning, Tarantino Coffy, Bahubali 3 Cast And Crew, A Short History Of Nearly Everything Page Count, Andy Prieboy Net Worth, Who Wrote Kelly Clarkson, Stronger, Riot Blockchain Investor Relations, Brotherhood Of Justice Trailer, Gene Kelly Wives, Tablet Deals, Bulk T Shirts, What Is Your Passion In Life, Monongah Mining Disaster Victims, The Way Of Vikings Lyrics, Lego Movie 2 Rexcelsior Lego Set, Germany Climate, Watch Galaxy Express 999, An Empress And The Warriors (2008) Bluray 720p, " />

This is the sort of movie they don't make any more, because they never really made anything like this. A brilliant and unconventional film.

You may not know who Stacy Keach, Scott Wilson, Jason Miller, Ed Flanders, Neville Brand, George DiCenzo, Moses Gunn, Robert Loggia, Joe Spinell, Tom Atkins, or Richard Lynch are, but you have probably seen them acting in dozens, if not hundreds of roles. When he decided to make a movie, he luckily cast it extremely well and got the most out of his performers. This is a terrific film, the ultimate in surrealism in film. The first hour or so is completely aimless, showcasing Kane around the institution as we are introduced to a series of insignificant characters that chew up time. The questions extend to the audience itself. Sensational directorial debut from William Peter Blatty! I bought it and saw it 2 times now.

First of, the dialogue of these insane people is written brilliantly. At last a rating I can fully agree with. The setting is a little unlikely, I think, but it works well and you accept it quickly. I think the film is an astounding "War Film" You can see Petter Blatty from the first shots. I have seen this movie more times than I can count, and have found that it gains something EACH AND EVERY time I view it. It's best not to know to much about this movie beforehand. Not for someone seeking an easy evening of entertainment or a mental margarita. "The Ninth Configuration" isn't even a horror film. I am still astounded that it hasn't received the recognition it deserves. I don't want to discuss about technical aspects, my comment focuses on the absence of any deep meaning in this work, because I think this movie is a little bit overrated. Forgot your password? | This film has all the facets of Blatty's novels and films: the occasionally wildly silly and wonderful dialog, the Catholic iconography, the crucified "savior", and the eloquent debate between the depths of humanity's despair and its hopes for a heaven (to which one might aspire). Metacritic Reviews. First time viewers, be warned: be patient. Please be advised, this is not a horror movie. Mostly, I've heard of it in the context of William Peter Blatty's other, far more well-known work. headed for the catalog titles, and picked this one out because--God, am I shallow--the cover looked interesting. So just check it out. I certainly never heard of it before. Having said that, lest the reader get the impression that you're in for more supernatural shenanigans (and pea soup) it should be said that this movie is a million miles away from the horror genre.
A movie that will take you to the edge of your mind. Like many great works of art, it doesn't settle into any middle ground. This movie has it, all but it also requires some ability to think.

The IMDB rating says it all: VERY few people know about this one, but those who do are nearly unanimous: this is outstanding storytelling. User Ratings Most people (including myself) probably missed this film or caught part of it somewhere and dismissed it as another B-movie or take-off of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. You've seen nothing like this before!!! Part thriller, part scatterbrain comedy, and part theology lesson, The Ninth Configuration is a film wholly unique and worth seeking. Elsewhere", so I thought that it may be just bad enough to be amusing. No two people agree on exactly what this movie is saying or even how to interpret the conclusion. Some patients are staging Shakespeare for dogs, others pretend thier superheroes, others imagine thier Steve Mcqueen in The Great Escape and all of them are mad. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.

At its worst, it is supposed to be profound; at its best it's amusing.

Another of those great films that nobody has ever seen, this is a terrific showcase for Writer-Director William P Blatty's excellent script as well as two powerhouse performances from Stacy Keach and Scott Wilson. Jason Miller in particular is brilliant, and Stacy Keach, who you might think "wooden" for a little while, turns in one of his strongest performances. An allegory that's so impossibly overstuffed that it can't help but explode. Requires careful attention due to heady content and some complex twists and turns in the plot. William Peter Blatty of 'The Exorcist' fame adapted his own novel for his debut as writer/director and came up with a mind-bending classic. Yes, the Shawshank Redemption was very good. Don't have an account? If you can find this movie rent it, invite several friends over, and enjoy the discussion after. Like the Gothic castle (festooned with gargoyles, crucifixes and posters of Bela Lugosi) in which The Ninth Configuration is predominantly set, Blatty's film is something of a grand folly, by turns uproariously funny and deadly serious.... unusual dark comedy, with stacy keach at his best.

(Is the Exorcist, without Reagan, in a tour near the Cukoos nest) I think is a film every filmgore must see a lot of times. Let it happen. William Peter Blatty, as usual, uses his story as a medium to transcend his personal opinions on questions about the relationship between God and man. One of the most underrated movies of the last twenty five years. A man who commits a lonely suicide has to be considered a martyr? To me the mark of a well done intelligent movie is the discussion it provokes after the closing credits. It's really funny to watch. (The last scene could be cut and everyone happy) Well, I want to know who sings the opening song, if anyone can help!!). But this is a hidden classic.

This is the plot synopis from IMDb: 'A new commanding officer arrives at a remote castle serving as an insane asylum for crazy and AWOL U.S. Army soldiers where he attempts to rehabilitate them by allowing them to live out their crazy fantasies while combating his own long-suppressed insanity.' God a giant foot? Sign up here. Quentin Tarantino, eat your heart out: THIS is how it's supposed to be done. Just this one time. William Peter Blatty's Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Kane!! ****SPOILERS ALERT**** Arriving at a secret military instillation in the cold and rainy Pacific North-West that looks like a medieval castle Col. Vincent Kane, Stacy Keach, takes charge of mental therapy for those mentally broken servicemen incarcerated there who's psychosis is due to their military experiences. Brilliant, funny, moving examination of faith from Blatty. Should be the centerpiece of a Stacy Keach shrine somewhere . He adapts his own novel for the big screen in this bizarre film about an astronaut (Scott Wilson) who's reached his breaking point and a military doctor (Stacy Keach) who's trying to reach out to him. Instead, it's half absurdest comedy, half existential thriller. I was not wrong! What's more, 'The Ninth Configuration' is virtually unclassifiable as far as traditional genre categories go and will leave you reeling from the barrage of bizarre images, comedic one-liners, theological debates, and a bar room brawl to end them all! For that, and much else, it is unique. "The Ninth Configuration" is the sort of film people either love or hate. The dialogue is pointless, and the characters cliched. I had no idea what I was seeing but it was very interesting and when it was over It quickly became one of my all time favorite films along with: Alien, Catch 22, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (I Know), Dr Strange Love, The Taking Of Pelham 1,2,3 etc. There are very few films about mentally ill people that stand out as classics (Cuckoo's Nest being the Gold Standard), but I believe The Ninth Configuration is one of those films. Who is sane at all? Sounds good to me. Awards It tends to be somewhat confusing in the beginning but if the viewer sticks with it, he/she will be rewarded with an incredible experience - one that they will certainly want to repeat. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy It's my all-time favorite movie, not perfect but a real screen miracle all the same. | I have several contenders but this brilliant movie must surely top the list! Then i tried to find it in video as "Twinkle..." Just a month ago finally discover the real name.

Or are they? I have watched it maybe a dozen times, and every time I get something out of it. First of all, forgive my English. He is the same astronaut present at Chris McNeil's party in "The Exorcist." Your patience will be rewarded, I assure you - it all comes together, culminating in a bar-room brawl that is an absolute textbook piece of tension-building. It's rare to find five films that offer as much combined intelligence, passion, visceral excitement, and uncontrolled belly laughs as this. and the Terms and Policies,

. It slows down what would eventually evolve into a great story, and it stops the film from achieving greatness. Well, well, well. | In short, it brings down the movie. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Copyright © Fandango. Full Review | Original Score: 4/5

It has so many seemingly incongruous elements yet amazingly in the end it ties them all together and packs an emotional punch very few films manage. As I'm sure many others have said it is very difficult to describe or sum up accurately. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! I saw The Ninth Configuration years ago, when i was just a kid because I was a fan of The Exorcist. Like many great works of art, it doesn't settle into any middle ground. External Reviews Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jake Gyllenhaal Will Star in HBO Limited Series.

Blatty wrote an interesting novel concerning several of his constant obsessions. . Who believes they are faking, but are insane?
"The Ninth Configuration" is the sort of film people either love or hate. 'Hamlet' acted by dogs? I have watched it several times and find that I appreciate it more with every viewing. I'm a mexican who lives in Acapulco now, so I'm not Hamlet. This is the sort of movie they don't make any … Turning over to the back, I skimmed the summary, saw that it starred Mike Hammer and the guy who mooned us in the last season of "St. (My parents did'nt know) But i was shocked by the movie. Yes, it's THAT good.

Tory Kittles Brother, Amy Jump Age, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry Johnny Cash, Pedwranfach Merthyr Tydfil, Emma Fitzpatrick Wiki, The Warning Netflix Review, Guardians Of The Galaxy Song, How Tall Is Boo, Tom Sturridge Sandman, Nationals League, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Mermaid Cast, Monty Python And The Holy Grail Facts, The Garden Of Words 2, Shin Godzilla 4th Form, School Of Life Sydney, Enchanted Movie Watch Online With Subtitles, Mind Of The Maker Sayers Pdf, Maria Firmina Dos Reis Biografia, Mrs Doubtfire Helloooo Meme, Huang Bo Monkey King, Austria/hungary Food, What's Up With Love 2 Full Movie, Pokémon Movie 24, El Dorado Movie 2019, Karate Kiba, Children's Worship Songs With Actions, President Of Baseball Operations Salary, Fist Of Fury 123movies, Coal Miner Daughter Accuracy, I Just Want To Love You 2019, Trevor Noah Social Distancing Show, Coat Of Many Colors Movie Trailer, Anna Renee Duggar Children, Cría Cuervos Meaning, Anti Clockwise Watch, Tiger On The Beat 2 (1990), The Academy Of Magic Release Date, Asereje Meaning Devil, Yeh Nayan Dare Dare Lyrics, Hook Series Thai Bl, Where Is The Gulag Archipelago, The Crow: City Of Angels Watch Online, Koch Brothers Netflix, Red Tomahawk (1967), Uber Unemployment, Mrs Rogers Contact, Kursk Battle, I Am Somebody's Child: The Regina Louise Story Full Movie 123movies, Lovecraft Country Trailer Song, Why Did Capheus Actor Change In Sense8, Bengal Cat, Cambrian Oil Lamp, What Happened To Stephen Chow, Satyamev Jayate Logo Png, There's Always Room At The Top Expansion Of Idea, American Association Of Independent Professional Baseball Standings, Rocky Top Sports World, Alejandro Rey Son, Is The Door To Hell Still Burning, Tarantino Coffy, Bahubali 3 Cast And Crew, A Short History Of Nearly Everything Page Count, Andy Prieboy Net Worth, Who Wrote Kelly Clarkson, Stronger, Riot Blockchain Investor Relations, Brotherhood Of Justice Trailer, Gene Kelly Wives, Tablet Deals, Bulk T Shirts, What Is Your Passion In Life, Monongah Mining Disaster Victims, The Way Of Vikings Lyrics, Lego Movie 2 Rexcelsior Lego Set, Germany Climate, Watch Galaxy Express 999, An Empress And The Warriors (2008) Bluray 720p,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.