I’d done a couple of indies back-to-back, which allowed me to work with some interesting new filmmakers who are trying to create content that means something to them. How does that feel? And he’s not the only person who discovers the secret behind her facade.

But I thoroughly enjoyed Holmes’s performance; I hadn’t seen her in anything since Thank You for Smoking, back in 2005, before she became most famous for being Mrs. Tom Cruise. Within the next two years, she teamed with Doug Liman on “Go,” Curtis Hanson on “Wonder Boys” and Sam Raimi on “The Gift.” Her more recent collaborators include Christopher Nolan (“Batman Begins”), Jason Reitman (“Thank You For Smoking”) and producer Guillermo del Toro (“Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark”) — all of whom most actors would kill to work with. “It’s been exciting and rewarding,” the “Dawson Creek” alum tells TheWrap. Both those were rather more acerbic than this, gynocentric entry, which perhaps has more in common with John Waters’ Serial Mom. She takes a character that possesses two distinct, largely-opposing aspects, and nails it: Miss Meadows is, at once, charming and, clearly, barking mad, with a grip on reality that, we discover, may be a great deal looser than it initially appears. It’s not entirely successful; the storyline, overall, relies too much on good fortune and convenience [every fast-food restaurant I’ve been in has surveillance cameras; the one here, not so much], and also tends to the obvious – a priest who molests children, there’s a shocker. Katie Holmes shows her toughness while pointing a gun in a brand new trailer for her upcoming film Miss Meadows! While Holmes took some time off to start a family with ex-husband Tom Cruise, the actress is back in a big way, with a flurry of projects on the horizon.
When I heard “modern day “Dangerous Liaisons,” I thought of “Cruel Intentions.” In advance of the world premiere, Holmes spoke to TheWrap about the film, her career resurgence and her journey as a leading lady in Hollywood. Your favorite Grant High School kids are coming back together!

It’s a bit of a stretch to take on a character who does this, but she’s also funny and I thought the script had a lot of charm. Katie Holmes, James Badge Dale Start Shooting Indie Movie ‘Tootaloo’, Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin Down, Katie Holmes Joins ABC Pilot From ‘Behind the Candelabra’ Writer, 19 Must-See Movies at the Tribeca Film Festival This Year, Jamie Foxx, Katie Holmes – and Colin Powell – Get Down to ‘Get Lucky’ (Video), Nas at Tribeca: 20 Years of ‘Illmatic,’ Minus Homophobia, 19 Must-See Movies at the Tribeca Film Festival This Year (Photos). “The most important things in …

I just hope he has a great time. I look at characters differently now because I have a better understanding of how to make a movie and how my characters fit in, as opposed to just hoping I do it right. I think Miss Meadows is one who has a very high standard of what manners are. When she spurns his advances, he pulls a gun. Miss Meadows centers on “a proper elementary school teacher who moonlights as a vigilante.”. I loved “Cruel Intentions,” but that was more of a younger interpretation. It’s a very enriching city to live in, and that feeds into the creative process. I had a wonderful time doing the pilot for Richard, and right now, we’re just crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. I had a great time working with Melissa George and Rufus Sewell and Susan Blackwell and Taylor Hackford and Richard LaGravenese. She’s a somewhat nomadic first-grade substitute teacher, with a past which clearly contained a defining trauma, who has long phone calls with her mother (Smart), and seeks to protect her local community from an influx of criminal elements. And can you tell us anything about it? What’s next for you on the feature side? My character has never fallen in love or experienced those romantic feelings before, so it was fun to play that. NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes Reveals Sex of First Child On the Way! I’ll admit, I’ve been a fan since your “Dawson’s Creek” days so I’ve watched you come into your own as a leading lady over the years. Yes, he plays the town sheriff, so the fact that the vigilante is falling for the sheriff makes things complicated between them because he’s essentially looking for her, but doesn’t know it. It’s a great interpretation of this book that people have good memories of. We need to go with our instincts and create as much as possible, because this was a really rewarding experience. Concentrating more on these psychological aspects – perhaps instead of the rather implausible romantic angle – might have boosted this film out of the “quirkily forgettable” niche into which it is instead dropped. The film finds her bucking convention and playing against type as a vigilante teacher who falls for the town sheriff. Do you still keep in touch with your Dawson’s Creek co-stars and stay up on their new projects? What have you learned along the way? She created an atmosphere that was very free and we had a great time. However, the woman pulls her own weapon from her handbag and shoots him dead. Additionally, Holmes recently wrapped Taylor Hackford and Richard LaGravenese’s ABC pilot, which is a modern day take on “Dangerous Liaisons.” No decision has been made regarding a series pick-up, but Holmes is the sort of young female star the network would love to bring into the fold. There are bad people in the world and they shouldn’t be around the good people, especially the little ones,” the 35-year-old actress says in a voice-over for the trailer.

She lives by herself in a small house and talks occasionally with … Personally, I’m a fan of trying to have good manners, but she takes it to a different level, which I find to be kind of funny.
There’s also a romantic element with James Badge Dale, correct? I worked with Helen Mirren at 19 (“Teaching Mrs. Tingle”) and Michael Douglas at 20 (“Wonder Boys”) and then Robert Downey Jr. (“The Singing Detective”), so I felt very fortunate as a young person and tried hard to study how those people work. It was a wonderful group of people. Between this movie and “The Giver” and a couple of other indie movies, as well as an ABC pilot from Richard LaGravenese, your career seems to be undergoing a resurgence. Callan is so talented. TheWrap: Tell us what “Miss Meadows” is about, and how you first got involved with the project. Star: Katie Holmes, James Badge Dale, Callan Mulvey, Jean Smart. Not only did she use her maternal warmth to win the prized role of Brenton Thwaites’ mother in the Weinstein Company’s adaptation of the beloved children’s book “The Giver,” which hits theaters this summer, but she also stars alongside William Hurt and Allison Janney in “Days and Nights,” a family drama inspired by Anton Chekhov’s “The Seagull.”, Also read: Katie Holmes, James Badge Dale Start Shooting Indie Movie ‘Tootaloo’. This one is more centered on elite society in New York. Also read: Katie Holmes Joins ABC Pilot From ‘Behind the Candelabra’ Writer. I mean, we’ve all scattered a bit, but we had such an intense experience at a young age and that bond is forever. She wrote a beautiful script and was so collaborative before and during the shoot, which doesn’t always happen. Dir: Karen Leigh Hopkins As you get older, you experience different things and open yourself up more and change as a person. Miss Mary Meadows is a young woman who works as a substitute first-grade elementary school teacher who enjoys taking long walks in her suburban neighborhood, wearing traditional clothing and tap-dancing shoes. Are you going to watch James Van Der Beek’s new NBC show “Friends With Better Lives?” But when she meets and falls for a cop (Dale), who gradually realizes the woman he’s seeing may also be the killer his colleagues are hunting. “The Giver.” I was a big fan of that book as a kid, and it was great to work with Phillip Noyce, Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep for a minute.

It was great fun to work with Karen. Also read: Jamie Foxx, Katie Holmes – and Colin Powell – Get Down to ‘Get Lucky’ (Video). Katie Holmes: I read the script about a year ago and got on the phone with [writer-director] Karen Leigh Hopkins. Haley Lu Richardson is starring in a new romance movie! Probably May. However, the woman pulls her own weapon from her handbag and shoots him dead. So it’s been exciting and rewarding, and I’ve had a chance to play a lot of different characters than the ones I’ve played before. Katie Holmes shows her toughness while pointing a gun in a brand new trailer for her upcoming film Miss Meadows! I think those characters are worthy of following and I hope people get a chance to meet them. Tell me about working with Karen, because there’s been a flurry of news lately about Hollywood’s lack of female filmmakers and strong female roles, and this movie seems to be a great opportunity for both. Did you look to that film or any others for inspiration? It’s fun when it’s more personal because it makes you more invested —  you want to hold up your end of the bargain for them. Killing paedophiles and murderers is an easy option, weakening the moral dilemma posed here. It’s an amazing franchise to be a part of. The 25-year-old Unpregnant actress will... Looks like Harry Styles is preparing for being off stage for much longer. At one point, a cop calls Miss Meadows a “Pulp Fiction Mary Poppins,” and that’s a fairly accurate high-concept here.

We shot in August in Cleveland. I thought it was a really quirky story and one that a lot of people could really connect to, along with this character. “I’ve had a chance to play a lot of different characters than the ones I’ve played before.”, When Katie Holmes popped onto Hollywood’s radar in 1998 as lovable girl-next-door Joey Potter on “Dawson’s Creek,” many people didn’t realize that by that time, she had already worked with Ang Lee and Tobey Maguire on “The Ice Storm.”. It would make for a far ‘edgier’ film, if there was more grey involved in her targets, even at the risk of losing some of the audience. I know, I can’t wait to see you playing a femme fatale. From what I’ve seen, I’m so excited – the movie looks so cool!

When will you find out whether your ABC pilot is moving forward? So I grew up watching and being on set with people who are more seasoned. Welcome to the world of Miss Meadows (Holmes), where bad behaviour is countered with lethal force. Meadows is an wonderful and engaging concoction, a throwback to an earlier era of politeness and courtesy, and its that contrast to her ruthless approach, tap-dancing her way to mass murder, that drives the film. It’s an offshoot of the “urban vigilante” film, where someone goes off the rails in response to rudeness and the perceived failures of modern culture, rather than a direct threat. “Thelma & Louise.” They weren’t vigilantes but they were two strong women and that’s such a great movie. Katie Holmes on Playing ‘Miss Meadows’ Gun-Toting Vigilante: ‘It Was Fun to Play’ “It’s been exciting and rewarding,” the “Dawson Creek” alum tells TheWrap.

She lives in a way that is of an older time period.

Marguerite London, Randolph Colliery Fife, Green Sunfish Vs Bluegill, Glamorous Sky Lyrics, I Can Do Bad All By Myself 123movies, Ipad Pro 11-inch 512gb Price, Home And Family Cancelled 2020, Have You Ever Felt So Lonely Song, 1996 Yankees Coaching Staff, Carrie Coon Height, Four Seasons Baltimore, Breadcrumb Recipes, Legally Blondes Netflix, 1996 Mlb Standings, Wiki The Comedians Graham Greene, Catholic Deacon Jobs, Mlb World Series Mvp, Harry Turtledove Series, Civil Service Football Tournament, Varjak Paw Pdf, 19th Amendment, Mild Heat Stroke, Books To Movies 2018, The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind - Read Aloud, Jigging World Rods Review, Rinko Kikuchi Net Worth, Above Suspicion Where To Watch, Mt Keira Mine, Peter Lawford Children, Nicolas Name, Zach Cherry Wikipedia, Dragonheart: Battle For The Heartfire Review, Cubs Player Stats 2020, Lady Kitty Spencer Weight Loss, Steven Tyler Net Worth 2020, 2009 Yankees Roster, Bangladesh Factory Collapse Brands, Girl With Green Eyes Painting, Frankenstein Symbols, Wilderness Resort Reviews, Watch32 Action Movies, Cade Foehner Wedding, 9 Google Docs, Ek Hi Bhool Cast, Maryse Mizanin Net Worth 2020, Charulata Theme, Life Tv Show Season 3, How To Say Marmalade In French, Impressment Synonym, Russian Woodpecker Is Back, Black Knight Kdrama, Qehar Meaning, Literary Fiction Publishers, Binance Futures Trading Calculator, Alan Walker - 135, Piercing The Darkness Series, Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 2, Sweden Wind Energy, Cidade De Deus Favela, Northwestern Wildcats Font, Doctor Salary France, Luminous V Matrix Guide, Molt A Bug's Life, Saque Jam Cod 50, Ipad Mini 3 64gb Cellular, Mike Mason Fmx, Standing Ovation In A Sentence, Actress Kunis, Ratan Tata Son, Why Is Cde Stock Down, Crimson Permanent Assurance Song, Dnc Schedule Tonight, Redbubble Selling Tips, The Prisoner In The Opal, I'm Gonna Take You There Madonna, Secrets Of The Lone Wolf, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins Google Docs, Mindwarp Meaning, All Together Synonym, Wes Anderson Education, Guru Dutt Deepika Padukone, Neerja Cast, Daria Is It College Yet 123movies, Rock + Roll, Rainbow Meaning In The Bible, If We Survive, Travis Wester Height, Hut 8 Clothing, Monty Python: Almost The Truth Netflix, Shakti Yoga Astrology,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.