No patients developed acute urinary retention requiring urinary catheterization.

2 years out and my monthly PSA, Testosterone and blood work is tomorrow AM so another wait and see. I will be on chemo till it no longer works then who knows.

Still I've had a very, very, very slow biochemical recurrence (BCR). RESULTS: From 2003–2010, a total of 69 eligible patients were identified. He explained that standard of care for ADT in this setting would be 12 months at the minimum, and that, in his previous study, median ADT duration was 12 months.

To that end, the researchers used plausibility indexes to examine the two treatment methods and found 76.75% and 77.97% likelihoods of equivalence for the prostate cancer–specific mortality and all-cause mortality endpoints, respectively. I guess you can see, it's been a long winter. Ian Ingram, Deputy Managing Editor, MedPage Today Best of luck to you and to us all!

Not wait to see if I stay in remission. The 5-year FFF and overall survival (OS) rates were 39% (95% confidence interval [CI], 21%–58%) and 87% (95% CI, 72%–94%), respectively. Thanks JBum. - And More, Close more info about Survival Outcomes in Gleason 9-10 PCa Similar With Radiation, Surgery, Prostate Cancer Management Across America, Robotic, Open Prostate Cancer Surgery Offer Similar Early Results, Race Affects Switch From Prostate Cancer Observation to Active Therapy, PCa Active Surveillance Patients Enjoy Good Quality of Life.

Findings also suggest that extremely dose-escalated radiation therapy plus androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) might be the optimal upfront treatment for these patients, researchers concluded in a paper published online ahead of print in European Urology. Tilki D, et al “Surgery vs radiotherapy in the management of biopsy Gleason score 9-10 prostate cancer and the risk of mortality” JAMA Oncol 2018; DOI: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.4836. Best of luck to the two of you. Every new day has the promise of love and experience. "That issue of apples versus oranges is much less so in a study of Gleason 9-10 than it would be in a Gleason 7 study," he said.

Is whole pelvic radiation needed for primary treatment of Gleason 9/10? “In contrast, the majority of RT patients treated in our series were treated in accordance with contemporary standards.”.

Gleason 9, You are wonderful. I am not sure why I have done so well (or how long it will continue). There were 372 men (66.5%) treated with radical prostatectomy alone, while 88 patients (15.7%) also had adjuvant EBRT, 49 patients (8.8%) also had ADT, and 50 patients (8.9%) had the MaxRP treatment with both EBRT and ADT. Suggest you discuss this with your oncologist. Due to their high Gleason scores, all patients in the current study would be considered unfavorable from the start, eliminating a situation where favorable patients are perhaps more likely selected for surgery. here. Is there anyone on this blog who has had a "cure" or a durable remission of greater than 5 years with a Gleason 9? Trimodality therapy is a well-tolerated and effective treatment for these very-high-risk patients. "Not everybody, but in the 80%-plus range of people, had adverse pathologic findings," he noted. - Case Studies I still have no erection capability as of yet but... that's hopefully going to change maybe someday!

Had Gleason 9 and had radiation and hormone in 2012 to 2014.

CONCLUSIONS: Patients with HGPC at diagnosis have high rates of early disease recurrence, though mortality at 5 years remains low. I got an electric bike I've been riding back and forth to the daily treatments and on Seattle's trails and bike ways, and I've started shedding pounds. I had my RRP September 2017 same like you G(4+5), PSA remain undetectable for 15 months, till January 2019 start to increase it was < 0.008 for 4 times (3 months interval). At almost 74, I have a variety of pretty serious, chronic medical conditions, and it gets to be a toss-up trying to figure which one will ultimately get me. I know it’s very aggressive and everyone is different but any help is welcome. "As a result you are getting much closer to apples versus apples.". A symptom is an indication of disease, illness, injury, or that something is not right in their own bodies. Renal & Urology News publishes timely news coverage of scientific developments of interest to nephrologists and urologists, including in-depth coverage of all relevant medical conferences. Not the same as before, but not absent, either. Origionaly had undetectable psi.then it jumped to 0.1 and I was concerned. Hey, good news for me in particular! I'm now in my 9th month of a 24 month Lupron program, and am much more distressed by those side-effects than from the protons. And then Avodart, which blocks conversion of testosterone to DHT, which I understand will also raise testosterone levels.

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of Haymarket Media’s Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. I pray for your recovery. 41 Replies, When President Eisenhower left office in the late 1950s he warned the country about the insidious effects of what he termed the " military industrial ... In this large, retrospective series, we report very good long-term oncologic outcomes and minimal toxicity in patients with GS 9/10 prostate cancer treated with combination EBRT, LDRBT, and ADT. Why would you have a bilateral orchiectomy and then get testosterone treatments? Biochemical failure was defined using the Phoenix criteria (PSA nadir + 2).

Bladder cancer treatments of BCG periodically for the next 12 years also brings pretty serious hygiene requirements: no sex until 48 hours after each treatment, and required use of condoms for 6 weeks after each course of three weekly treatments, every 90 days for 2 years, and every 6 months thereafter. 12 Replies, I've recently been diagnosed with PC, T1C. pmichael. Full body bone scan and ... My advice also to you is to try to do meditation / use relaxation breathing techniques.

54 psa 12 Gleason 9. Kishan disclosed relationships with Varian Medical Systems, ViewRay, and Janssen.

Copyright © 2020 Haymarket Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved My hmthen 51 year old husband was a Gleason 9 with seminal vesical invasion. The 5- and 10-year rates of cancer-specific and overall survival were similar across the 3 cohorts after adjusting for age, clinical stage, biopsy Gleason score, initial PSA level, year of treatment, and use of salvage therapies, according to the investigators. The median follow-up was 4.6 years. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form without prior authorization. All rights reserved. But all the statistics I have seen indicate a recurrence with Gleason 9 regardless of the treatment is inevitable, it is just a matter of when. Surgery alone (adjusted HR 2.80, 95% CI 1.26-6.22. I also exercise very heavily (over 2700 miles of bike riding last year); exercise is said to stimulate the immune system.

Patient who received any preoperative intervention or adjuvant hormone therapy were excluded, as were patients with insufficient prostate-specific antigen (PSA) follow-up (< 12 mo). At a median follow-up of 67.3 months (range: 13.3–141.2 mo), 40 patients had disease recurrence, and 8 patients died (6 cancer-specific). I can't vouch for IMRT, but I'm a G9 and had 44 treatments of proton radiation and am 11 months into a 24 month regimen of Lupron. While that's not proof of long-term success, I think the odds displayed are a long way from "inevitable".

The Warlords Full Movie, Soma Sale, Nicola Pagett Wiki, Fielding, Joseph Andrews Is A Burlesque Based On, Coldest Temperature In Darwin, Prince Ali Lyrics Jafar, How Long Does It Take A Fly To Die On Fly Paper, Fmovies Ag, Fish And Chips Recipe Gordon Ramsay, Mary Peach Obituary, Kesari Full Movie Voot, 1970s Tv Series, Go Get It Lyrics, Dead Samurai Unblocked, Perfect Strangers (2003 Full Movie Online), Special Menu Template Word, Kirk Franklin Hits, Characteristics Of Pope Francis, Nos Jours Heureux Online, Ipad Mini 64gb, Ipad Mini 1 Model Number, Is The Jane Austen Book Club On Netflix, List Of Fiction Books, Saved By Old Times Lyrics, Vanellope Von Schweetz Car Game, Word Feast, Hottest Ipos 2020, Knife + Heart Streaming, Pope Benedict Net Worth, Expand Escap, Patti Lupone Pose, Purdue Pharma Claims Spokesperson, Gintama Season 1, Tap Portugal Planes, Charal Imoca, Pope John Paul Ii Funeral Wind, Whitney And Apollo Animal Crossing, Boardworks Shubu Rukus, Leslie Caron Net Worth, What Does Kierra Sheard Fiancé Do For A Living, Awkwfina Instagram, Carl Thomas Dean, Who Is Michael Nouri Married To, The Three Of Us Meaning, Bombay Talkies Directors, Zombies 1 Full Movie Online, Sound Of The Mountain Naruse, Bicester Pronunciation, Hungary Currency To Gbp, Anatomy Phd Programs, Birdsong Picture Book, Juventus Vs Ajax Score, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock Iii Movies And Tv Shows, Joanna Yeates, Panchatantra Pdf, I Want To Be Happy Song, Jeremy Vuolo Age, Saint Etienne Tiger Bay -- Tapestry, Hayao Miyazaki Net Worth 2020, Zombieland Little Rock Death, Communication Protocols In Embedded Systems, British Brewing Company Pune, Benedict Emperor, Global Metal Full Movie Online, Daughtry Home, I'm The Best There Is Plain And Simple Quote, Laxmi Aarti Lyrics In English, Rachel Getting Married Monologue, David Patrick Kelly Height, The Ring 2 Cast, Kenny Rogers Will And Testament, Who Wrote Where The Green Grass Grows, Anna Renee Duggar 2020, The Borgias Trailer, Flying Without Wings Westlife Lyrics, Ipads On Sale, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Kenneth Williams One Liners, Saque Dep Cod 19e, Frenchmans Creek Homes For Sale, Garth Brooks Wife Died, Arlo Nomad Expedia, Phagun Month, Xrp Explorer, New York, New York, The Surreal Life Season 2 Cast, Redbubble Glossy Vs Matte Stickers, Types Of Temptations In The Bible, Agora Ipo Prospectus, Netflix 2019 Profit, 2 States Release Date, Dragon Ball Z Fruit, " />

At surgery pathology showed no cancer outside the prostate, nothing in the margins, nothing in the seminal vesicles. Ah - interesting. The study, led by Amar U. Kishan, MD, of the University of California Los Angeles, included 487 patients with biopsy Gleason 9–10 disease. Brian. Just enjoy every day. Thanks!

Genetil shrinkage bothers me more than it does the wife. Local salvage and systemic salvage were performed more frequently among RP patients (49% vs. 30.1%) when compared with EBRT patients (0.9% and 19.7%) or EBRT plus BT patients (1.2% and 16.1%), Dr. Kishan’s group reported. For example, the 10-year rates of cancer-specific mortality were 8.4%, 4.4%, and 8.3% in the EBRT, EBRT + BT, and RP groups, respectively. My wife and I have hit most of the museums in Seattle, driven all over and explored, and heard some great music in little jazz bars. No serious ED yet. The current investigation seeks to describe disease control and survival outcomes for patients with clinically localized HGPC at biopsy who were managed with primary radical prostatectomy (RP) without systemic therapy, with analyses performed to identify prognostic factors associated with disease control. Investigators at 12 hospitals in the United States and Norway compared the clinical outcomes of 1,809 men with Gleason score 9-10 prostate cancer after they had either radical prostatectomy, external-beam radiation therapy (EBRT) with androgen deprivation therapy (ADT), or EBRT plus a brachytherapy “boost” with ADT; the men were treated between 2000 and 2013. It seems every time I find a natural ... No metastatic cancer was found. Cycling-guy, Your boyfriend is very fortunate to have you on his side. The purpose of this study is to report long-term clinical outcomes in patients with GS 9/10 prostate cancer treated with combination EBRT, low-dose-rate brachytherapy (LDRBT), and androgen deprivation therapy (ADT).

Following surgery my choice for treating physician was Dr. Onik. I think of it as sitting duck vs guerrilla fighter. OBJECTIVE: Multiple publications have reported poor biochemical control in patients with localized Gleason score (GS) 9/10 prostate cancer treated with either surgery or external beam radiation therapy (EBRT). Are you sure you want to delete this reply? © 2020 MJH Life Sciences™ and . Biopsy showed nothing in right lobe one in left with a Small tumor on left.

2015 I had cryo and an immunotherapy injection after a bilateral orchiectomy of my choice. Gleason 9 how aggressive and is it curable, I’m new.

From 1992 to 2013, there were 80 men treated with MaxRT and 559 men treated with radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection at a tertiary cancer center.

My PSA had steadily climbed to a present 18.9 and though I do not at the moment have my pathology ... 195 Replies, While we hear stories about different types of cancer going into complete remission is the anyone you know who in a 100% fashion had a full ... For 40 years we've lived in a quiet little house surrounded by orchards, and we love the peace and quiet of our country life.

MaxRP consisted of radical prostatectomy plus adjuvant external beam radiotherapy (EBRT), and androgen deprivation therapy (ADT), while MaxRT included EBRT plus brachytherapy and ADT. Stay positive! "This does not substitute for a randomized trial, and unfortunately we don't have one that's going to look just at the Gleason 9-10 subset, and the ones that are completed did not stratify by Gleason 9-10," said D'Amico. I am Gleason 9 with cancer that had gone into the right seminal vesicle. by I'm pretty new here too. A durable remission means no detectable cancer when off all treatment. Thanks.

No patients developed acute urinary retention requiring urinary catheterization.

2 years out and my monthly PSA, Testosterone and blood work is tomorrow AM so another wait and see. I will be on chemo till it no longer works then who knows.

Still I've had a very, very, very slow biochemical recurrence (BCR). RESULTS: From 2003–2010, a total of 69 eligible patients were identified. He explained that standard of care for ADT in this setting would be 12 months at the minimum, and that, in his previous study, median ADT duration was 12 months.

To that end, the researchers used plausibility indexes to examine the two treatment methods and found 76.75% and 77.97% likelihoods of equivalence for the prostate cancer–specific mortality and all-cause mortality endpoints, respectively. I guess you can see, it's been a long winter. Ian Ingram, Deputy Managing Editor, MedPage Today Best of luck to you and to us all!

Not wait to see if I stay in remission. The 5-year FFF and overall survival (OS) rates were 39% (95% confidence interval [CI], 21%–58%) and 87% (95% CI, 72%–94%), respectively. Thanks JBum. - And More, Close more info about Survival Outcomes in Gleason 9-10 PCa Similar With Radiation, Surgery, Prostate Cancer Management Across America, Robotic, Open Prostate Cancer Surgery Offer Similar Early Results, Race Affects Switch From Prostate Cancer Observation to Active Therapy, PCa Active Surveillance Patients Enjoy Good Quality of Life.

Findings also suggest that extremely dose-escalated radiation therapy plus androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) might be the optimal upfront treatment for these patients, researchers concluded in a paper published online ahead of print in European Urology. Tilki D, et al “Surgery vs radiotherapy in the management of biopsy Gleason score 9-10 prostate cancer and the risk of mortality” JAMA Oncol 2018; DOI: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2018.4836. Best of luck to the two of you. Every new day has the promise of love and experience. "That issue of apples versus oranges is much less so in a study of Gleason 9-10 than it would be in a Gleason 7 study," he said.

Is whole pelvic radiation needed for primary treatment of Gleason 9/10? “In contrast, the majority of RT patients treated in our series were treated in accordance with contemporary standards.”.

Gleason 9, You are wonderful. I am not sure why I have done so well (or how long it will continue). There were 372 men (66.5%) treated with radical prostatectomy alone, while 88 patients (15.7%) also had adjuvant EBRT, 49 patients (8.8%) also had ADT, and 50 patients (8.9%) had the MaxRP treatment with both EBRT and ADT. Suggest you discuss this with your oncologist. Due to their high Gleason scores, all patients in the current study would be considered unfavorable from the start, eliminating a situation where favorable patients are perhaps more likely selected for surgery. here. Is there anyone on this blog who has had a "cure" or a durable remission of greater than 5 years with a Gleason 9? Trimodality therapy is a well-tolerated and effective treatment for these very-high-risk patients. "Not everybody, but in the 80%-plus range of people, had adverse pathologic findings," he noted. - Case Studies I still have no erection capability as of yet but... that's hopefully going to change maybe someday!

Had Gleason 9 and had radiation and hormone in 2012 to 2014.

CONCLUSIONS: Patients with HGPC at diagnosis have high rates of early disease recurrence, though mortality at 5 years remains low. I got an electric bike I've been riding back and forth to the daily treatments and on Seattle's trails and bike ways, and I've started shedding pounds. I had my RRP September 2017 same like you G(4+5), PSA remain undetectable for 15 months, till January 2019 start to increase it was < 0.008 for 4 times (3 months interval). At almost 74, I have a variety of pretty serious, chronic medical conditions, and it gets to be a toss-up trying to figure which one will ultimately get me. I know it’s very aggressive and everyone is different but any help is welcome. "As a result you are getting much closer to apples versus apples.". A symptom is an indication of disease, illness, injury, or that something is not right in their own bodies. Renal & Urology News publishes timely news coverage of scientific developments of interest to nephrologists and urologists, including in-depth coverage of all relevant medical conferences. Not the same as before, but not absent, either. Origionaly had undetectable psi.then it jumped to 0.1 and I was concerned. Hey, good news for me in particular! I'm now in my 9th month of a 24 month Lupron program, and am much more distressed by those side-effects than from the protons. And then Avodart, which blocks conversion of testosterone to DHT, which I understand will also raise testosterone levels.

Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of Haymarket Media’s Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. I pray for your recovery. 41 Replies, When President Eisenhower left office in the late 1950s he warned the country about the insidious effects of what he termed the " military industrial ... In this large, retrospective series, we report very good long-term oncologic outcomes and minimal toxicity in patients with GS 9/10 prostate cancer treated with combination EBRT, LDRBT, and ADT. Why would you have a bilateral orchiectomy and then get testosterone treatments? Biochemical failure was defined using the Phoenix criteria (PSA nadir + 2).

Bladder cancer treatments of BCG periodically for the next 12 years also brings pretty serious hygiene requirements: no sex until 48 hours after each treatment, and required use of condoms for 6 weeks after each course of three weekly treatments, every 90 days for 2 years, and every 6 months thereafter. 12 Replies, I've recently been diagnosed with PC, T1C. pmichael. Full body bone scan and ... My advice also to you is to try to do meditation / use relaxation breathing techniques.

54 psa 12 Gleason 9. Kishan disclosed relationships with Varian Medical Systems, ViewRay, and Janssen.

Copyright © 2020 Haymarket Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved My hmthen 51 year old husband was a Gleason 9 with seminal vesical invasion. The 5- and 10-year rates of cancer-specific and overall survival were similar across the 3 cohorts after adjusting for age, clinical stage, biopsy Gleason score, initial PSA level, year of treatment, and use of salvage therapies, according to the investigators. The median follow-up was 4.6 years. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form without prior authorization. All rights reserved. But all the statistics I have seen indicate a recurrence with Gleason 9 regardless of the treatment is inevitable, it is just a matter of when. Surgery alone (adjusted HR 2.80, 95% CI 1.26-6.22. I also exercise very heavily (over 2700 miles of bike riding last year); exercise is said to stimulate the immune system.

Patient who received any preoperative intervention or adjuvant hormone therapy were excluded, as were patients with insufficient prostate-specific antigen (PSA) follow-up (< 12 mo). At a median follow-up of 67.3 months (range: 13.3–141.2 mo), 40 patients had disease recurrence, and 8 patients died (6 cancer-specific). I can't vouch for IMRT, but I'm a G9 and had 44 treatments of proton radiation and am 11 months into a 24 month regimen of Lupron. While that's not proof of long-term success, I think the odds displayed are a long way from "inevitable".

The Warlords Full Movie, Soma Sale, Nicola Pagett Wiki, Fielding, Joseph Andrews Is A Burlesque Based On, Coldest Temperature In Darwin, Prince Ali Lyrics Jafar, How Long Does It Take A Fly To Die On Fly Paper, Fmovies Ag, Fish And Chips Recipe Gordon Ramsay, Mary Peach Obituary, Kesari Full Movie Voot, 1970s Tv Series, Go Get It Lyrics, Dead Samurai Unblocked, Perfect Strangers (2003 Full Movie Online), Special Menu Template Word, Kirk Franklin Hits, Characteristics Of Pope Francis, Nos Jours Heureux Online, Ipad Mini 64gb, Ipad Mini 1 Model Number, Is The Jane Austen Book Club On Netflix, List Of Fiction Books, Saved By Old Times Lyrics, Vanellope Von Schweetz Car Game, Word Feast, Hottest Ipos 2020, Knife + Heart Streaming, Pope Benedict Net Worth, Expand Escap, Patti Lupone Pose, Purdue Pharma Claims Spokesperson, Gintama Season 1, Tap Portugal Planes, Charal Imoca, Pope John Paul Ii Funeral Wind, Whitney And Apollo Animal Crossing, Boardworks Shubu Rukus, Leslie Caron Net Worth, What Does Kierra Sheard Fiancé Do For A Living, Awkwfina Instagram, Carl Thomas Dean, Who Is Michael Nouri Married To, The Three Of Us Meaning, Bombay Talkies Directors, Zombies 1 Full Movie Online, Sound Of The Mountain Naruse, Bicester Pronunciation, Hungary Currency To Gbp, Anatomy Phd Programs, Birdsong Picture Book, Juventus Vs Ajax Score, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock Iii Movies And Tv Shows, Joanna Yeates, Panchatantra Pdf, I Want To Be Happy Song, Jeremy Vuolo Age, Saint Etienne Tiger Bay -- Tapestry, Hayao Miyazaki Net Worth 2020, Zombieland Little Rock Death, Communication Protocols In Embedded Systems, British Brewing Company Pune, Benedict Emperor, Global Metal Full Movie Online, Daughtry Home, I'm The Best There Is Plain And Simple Quote, Laxmi Aarti Lyrics In English, Rachel Getting Married Monologue, David Patrick Kelly Height, The Ring 2 Cast, Kenny Rogers Will And Testament, Who Wrote Where The Green Grass Grows, Anna Renee Duggar 2020, The Borgias Trailer, Flying Without Wings Westlife Lyrics, Ipads On Sale, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Kenneth Williams One Liners, Saque Dep Cod 19e, Frenchmans Creek Homes For Sale, Garth Brooks Wife Died, Arlo Nomad Expedia, Phagun Month, Xrp Explorer, New York, New York, The Surreal Life Season 2 Cast, Redbubble Glossy Vs Matte Stickers, Types Of Temptations In The Bible, Agora Ipo Prospectus, Netflix 2019 Profit, 2 States Release Date, Dragon Ball Z Fruit,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.