Had I not been in a group with a full sight-seeing schedule, I would have likely spent a half-day in contemplation at this chapel. Feast Below are a few simple yet powerful quotes from the great Doctor of the Church to help you discover [or rediscover] your faith in the Good News of the Gospel! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. “Let them prefer nothing whatever to Christ, and may he bring us all together to everlasting life” Rule of St. Benedict, 72:11. His relics were brought to Fulda where a monastery founded in 744 served as a base for his missionary work. He traveled to many churches to encourage them, but his mission to Frisia, which resulted in many conversions, ultimately led to his martyrdom. “In her voyage across the ocean of this world, the Church is like a great ship being pounded by the waves of life’s different stresses. On March 21, Benedictines around the world celebrate the “transitus“ of St. Benedict, the day Benedict entered eternity. The 8th great day as listed in the scripture. Change ). Today is the Feast Day for St. Augustine, my favorite Doctor of the Church. Retreat Leader at St. Benedict Center, Blogger at Being Benedictine and SoulFully You, Each day his condition grew worse until finally, on the sixth day, he had his disciples carry him into the chapel where he received the Body and Blood of our Lord to gain strength for his approaching end.

( Log Out /  Boniface was first a Benedictine monk and later commissioned by Pope Gregory II in the 8th century to preach the gospel in Germany. Later he served as the Archbishop of Mainz, having founded the dioceses of Wurzburg and Erfurt. Benedict welcomes you, hugs you, blesses you.”. I loved, LOVED, loved this special place. Bob Kurland, Ph.D. August 28, 2020. Later the Basilica of St. Benedict, the abbey church, was built in the 1680s. This was another profound experience—to be in the place where the Rule of St. Benedict, a guide for monastics and oblates for over 1500 years, was penned. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. 5 Things That Make Saint Pope John Paul II, Well—Great! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Pinterest. Happy Feast Day, Again, St. Augustine. Benoit-sur-Loire.). Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It would take more than two Benedictine pilgrimages to see all of the churches and monasteries influenced by St. Boniface! He runs away when we make the Sign of the Cross.”, “The saints are like the stars. Kloster Benedicktbeuren is a Benedictine monastery consecrated by St. Boniface in 725. I was so impacted by my visit to the Abbey of Montecassino where St. Benedict wrote his Rule, the site of the statue above depicting St. Benedict’s surrender to eternal life. St. Francis of Assisi Pastor’s Column – October 4, 2020 ( Happy Feast Day) Happy Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, a liturgical solemnity in every parish in the world under his patronage (which puts it up there with Easter and Christmas). P.S. To know that St. Benedict listened “with the ear of his heart” in this very place, rejecting the political corruption of Rome and what was expected of him, to pursue the call he knew was from God—well, for a Benedictine Oblate, this is a moment. Change ). Just Listen: Big decisions require big listening. In his providence Christ conceals them in a hidden place that they may not shine before others when they might wish to do so. ( Log Out / 

I Just Got Quoted in an Article on a major Catholic news website. A statue of St. Boniface is also a Fulda landmark. Earth Day 2020….moving over to Being Benedictine!

Where To Go Crabbing In Orange Beach Alabama, Oliver Stark Net Worth, 5 To 7 Movie Watch Online, Secret Of Kells Netflix, Jacob Latimore Dad, Algiers Airport Information, Prof Owl, Pierfrancesco Favino Narnia, Hapkido Vs Taekwondo, Serbia Weather In October, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Klein 625-32, A Woman Is No Man Ending Explained, Sunday Express, The Orville Season 1 Episode 5, Ipad Model A1474, From Up On Poppy Hill Quotes, Milarepa Quotes, We Two Crossword Clue, Noticias En Español De Grand Island Nebraska, Jesus, Lover Of My Soul Hymn Sheet Music,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.