We pronounce it like Helena, without the H. I don't get how folks get a hard "A" sound out of the second "e." I always see that hard "A" in Elaina. It's also a variant transcription of Yelena, a Russian name. Origin. You can say it however you want, but maybe try to understand a little instead of playing dumb? :-). There's only one way to pronounce the name, be it Spanish or Italian (almost identical). and Elena Lincoln is a character in Fifty Shades of Grey. "el-len-uh", my grandma was Spanish, my grandfather Italian, her name was the spanish way, but my grandfather called her "ellenuh"When my mom married an Italian man I took on the 'ellena' pronunciation. I don't understand the a-lay-na pronunciation. The name Elena is a girl's name of Spanish, Italian, Greek origin meaning "bright, shining light". We cannot find any childrens books with the first name Elena, Elena Anaya (Spanish actress) Elena Baltacha (tennis player) Elena Berezhnaya (figure skater) Elena Grushina (figure skater) Elena Liashenko (figure skater) Elena Nikolaidi (opera singer) Elena Souliotis (opera singer), We cannot find any children of famous people with the first name Elena. What's more, it's silly to argue about such things because any name English speakers use from a different language will naturally be changed to fit English phonology, so it will never be "correct" anyway. I thought I was the only one who has the spanish pronunciation (to make it so, there is an accent on the second "e", so people should call me Elèna). HUGE fan of TVD here - and I want to name my future daughter "Alayna" but have been going back and forth with the "Elena" spelling. Love my name, but also don't like the way it's pronounced.

The Vampire Diaries was a book written by L.J Smith. Elena as a girls' name is pronounced eh-LAYN-ah. Haha. They believe in their ability to succeed and are too stubborn to be hindered by obstacles. They are the ones to think up and put into action new and brilliant ideas, but they are not the ones to stick around and manage them. Greek. They are distinctly original. Elenitsa, I guess it's a regional thing whether people mispronounce it or not hahaha, the elena at my school gets so frustrated when all of the teachers call her eleanor and eleena and elana so be prepared for the mispronunciations :). It's not an English name. Elen, Elena, a pan-European version of Helen, has roots in Spanish, Italian, Slavic, and Romanian, among others. As the Spanish version of the name Helen, Elena’s usage is more than likely influenced by the growing Latino and Hispanic population in the United States, but the name is also widely adopted by those of English-speaking descent.

She embarked on a downward spiral of arrests, breakdowns, psychiatric hospitalizations (some involuntary) and received diagnoses of schizophrenia and resultant electroshock therapy (that much-vaunted lobotomy never happened). I'd like this if it could also be pronounced Ellen-a, This will be my daughter's name. I usually say uh-lay-na; I don't care for ee-lay-na. My name is NOT pronounced ee-LAY-nay it's pronounced E-len-ah, A couple years ago I got Netflix and started watching The Vampire Diaries, and I was always fascinated/still am, in trying to find the perfect name I would love to give my daughter, and once I heard Bonnie call out Elena to get her attention I completely fell in love with the name. I love it! It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!

Kate Winslet Golden Globes, The Seventh Veil Ending Explained, Badfinger Day After Day Chords, Caleb Lee Hutchinson The Voice, Reindeer Games 123movies, Phat Beach Google Drive, God Favored Me Lyrics, Was Walter Collins Ever Found, Dead Samurai Unblocked, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2 Box Office, Victor Martinez Baseball, Ipad Air Price, Redact Antonym, Cregan Stark Vs Aemon Targaryen, Hong Kong Climate Graph, Smoky Mountain Cabins, Nomad Mac, Splatter University Ending, Stephen Bailey Iracing, Bala Town Fc, Daag The Fire Songs, Hey Pretty Girl Chords, Highest Mountain In Kenya, Zoology Careers, Scooby-doo Movie 2020 Google Drive, A Walk To Remember Summary, The Lost Swordship Ep 1 Eng Sub Dramacool, Nem Tps, James And The Giant Peach Spider, London Average Temperatures Last 100 Years, Spider-woman Movie 2019, The Twilight Samurai Blu-ray, Anime Popularity In America Statistics, The School Of Life Alain De Botton Podcast, Gary Owen Net Worth, Why Did Alun Armstrong Leave New Tricks, The Coward Of The County Lyrics, Divian Ladwa Height, Topsy-turvy In A Sentence, Warrior (2011 Watch Online), Pinnacle Foods Australia, Gerard Butler Best Movies, 1996 World Series Game 6, The Kingdom Of Back Characters, 's Epatha Merkerson Net Worth, Hit Parade Nba, Will There Be A Red 3 Release Date, West Africa Geography, Offside Rule Fifa, Sweden Weather Yearly, Streetwear Clothing, Full Metal Crown, Sing Street Broadway, Does Ward Become Good Again, Hodes Weill Allocations Monitor, Psv Lesen, What Is Deviant Art, Beyond Meat Vs Beef Environmental Impact, Crooked Mirror Meaning, Ipad Air Price, Whiston Higherside School, Champions League Trophy Replica Amazon, Raj Singh Chaudhary Wife, Eos Price Prediction, Escap Full Form, Okex Vs Binance, Veruca Salt Actress, Velaikkaran Tamilgun, Ashley Cox Photography Instagram, Ipad 2 16gb Price In Dubai, Richard Stahl, Md, The Temple Of My Familiar Quotes, " />

:)She was nuts but I loved her!!

Frances died of cancer in 1970, leaving no children after three marriages, and only sparse evidence on film of the truly luminescent being she once was. Eleena, This is my middle name. Meanings and history of the name Elena Spanish spelling of the Greek Helene (made most famous by Helen of Troy). Copyright © 2020 Oh Baby Names. Also form of Alexandra. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.

Also, has a lovely meaning: bright, shining one! Also form of Olena. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Elena on Nameberry. But people literally argue about how to pronounce it. It fits a young girl as well as a grown up woman. But, would hate to have my daughter nicknamed Kathy (but hey, it'll be her choice) also, my sister-In-law is named Katherine but she goes by Katie and lets just say that name is off the table because I despise my SIL. I see that many Berries pronounce it like Ee-lay-na, and it just doesn't seem right to me. Because in Spanish, "e" is pronounced as "ay" so the second part becomes "layna". All Rights Reserved. Beautiful name! This is not a bad thing, it's just how interaction between different languages works. very pretty yet strong, perfect combo :) too bad it is on the rise though :(. In Italy the exotic-line of the name is unusual. Frances Farmer was an American stage and screen actress, but she is best known for the various accounts of her often horrific life story, including a 1982 movie, Frances, starring Jessica Lange.

We pronounce it like Helena, without the H. I don't get how folks get a hard "A" sound out of the second "e." I always see that hard "A" in Elaina. It's also a variant transcription of Yelena, a Russian name. Origin. You can say it however you want, but maybe try to understand a little instead of playing dumb? :-). There's only one way to pronounce the name, be it Spanish or Italian (almost identical). and Elena Lincoln is a character in Fifty Shades of Grey. "el-len-uh", my grandma was Spanish, my grandfather Italian, her name was the spanish way, but my grandfather called her "ellenuh"When my mom married an Italian man I took on the 'ellena' pronunciation. I don't understand the a-lay-na pronunciation. The name Elena is a girl's name of Spanish, Italian, Greek origin meaning "bright, shining light". We cannot find any childrens books with the first name Elena, Elena Anaya (Spanish actress) Elena Baltacha (tennis player) Elena Berezhnaya (figure skater) Elena Grushina (figure skater) Elena Liashenko (figure skater) Elena Nikolaidi (opera singer) Elena Souliotis (opera singer), We cannot find any children of famous people with the first name Elena. What's more, it's silly to argue about such things because any name English speakers use from a different language will naturally be changed to fit English phonology, so it will never be "correct" anyway. I thought I was the only one who has the spanish pronunciation (to make it so, there is an accent on the second "e", so people should call me Elèna). HUGE fan of TVD here - and I want to name my future daughter "Alayna" but have been going back and forth with the "Elena" spelling. Love my name, but also don't like the way it's pronounced.

The Vampire Diaries was a book written by L.J Smith. Elena as a girls' name is pronounced eh-LAYN-ah. Haha. They believe in their ability to succeed and are too stubborn to be hindered by obstacles. They are the ones to think up and put into action new and brilliant ideas, but they are not the ones to stick around and manage them. Greek. They are distinctly original. Elenitsa, I guess it's a regional thing whether people mispronounce it or not hahaha, the elena at my school gets so frustrated when all of the teachers call her eleanor and eleena and elana so be prepared for the mispronunciations :). It's not an English name. Elen, Elena, a pan-European version of Helen, has roots in Spanish, Italian, Slavic, and Romanian, among others. As the Spanish version of the name Helen, Elena’s usage is more than likely influenced by the growing Latino and Hispanic population in the United States, but the name is also widely adopted by those of English-speaking descent.

She embarked on a downward spiral of arrests, breakdowns, psychiatric hospitalizations (some involuntary) and received diagnoses of schizophrenia and resultant electroshock therapy (that much-vaunted lobotomy never happened). I'd like this if it could also be pronounced Ellen-a, This will be my daughter's name. I usually say uh-lay-na; I don't care for ee-lay-na. My name is NOT pronounced ee-LAY-nay it's pronounced E-len-ah, A couple years ago I got Netflix and started watching The Vampire Diaries, and I was always fascinated/still am, in trying to find the perfect name I would love to give my daughter, and once I heard Bonnie call out Elena to get her attention I completely fell in love with the name. I love it! It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!

Kate Winslet Golden Globes, The Seventh Veil Ending Explained, Badfinger Day After Day Chords, Caleb Lee Hutchinson The Voice, Reindeer Games 123movies, Phat Beach Google Drive, God Favored Me Lyrics, Was Walter Collins Ever Found, Dead Samurai Unblocked, Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2 Box Office, Victor Martinez Baseball, Ipad Air Price, Redact Antonym, Cregan Stark Vs Aemon Targaryen, Hong Kong Climate Graph, Smoky Mountain Cabins, Nomad Mac, Splatter University Ending, Stephen Bailey Iracing, Bala Town Fc, Daag The Fire Songs, Hey Pretty Girl Chords, Highest Mountain In Kenya, Zoology Careers, Scooby-doo Movie 2020 Google Drive, A Walk To Remember Summary, The Lost Swordship Ep 1 Eng Sub Dramacool, Nem Tps, James And The Giant Peach Spider, London Average Temperatures Last 100 Years, Spider-woman Movie 2019, The Twilight Samurai Blu-ray, Anime Popularity In America Statistics, The School Of Life Alain De Botton Podcast, Gary Owen Net Worth, Why Did Alun Armstrong Leave New Tricks, The Coward Of The County Lyrics, Divian Ladwa Height, Topsy-turvy In A Sentence, Warrior (2011 Watch Online), Pinnacle Foods Australia, Gerard Butler Best Movies, 1996 World Series Game 6, The Kingdom Of Back Characters, 's Epatha Merkerson Net Worth, Hit Parade Nba, Will There Be A Red 3 Release Date, West Africa Geography, Offside Rule Fifa, Sweden Weather Yearly, Streetwear Clothing, Full Metal Crown, Sing Street Broadway, Does Ward Become Good Again, Hodes Weill Allocations Monitor, Psv Lesen, What Is Deviant Art, Beyond Meat Vs Beef Environmental Impact, Crooked Mirror Meaning, Ipad Air Price, Whiston Higherside School, Champions League Trophy Replica Amazon, Raj Singh Chaudhary Wife, Eos Price Prediction, Escap Full Form, Okex Vs Binance, Veruca Salt Actress, Velaikkaran Tamilgun, Ashley Cox Photography Instagram, Ipad 2 16gb Price In Dubai, Richard Stahl, Md, The Temple Of My Familiar Quotes,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.