Seems like a waste of a scholarship when we could have gone after other transfers. DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Derrik Smits scored a career-best 22 points and grabbed six rebounds and Valparaiso closed out the regular season with a 69-64 win over Drake on Saturday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Elijah Childs had 18 points and eight rebounds for Bradley (17-13,... Valparaiso (14-15, 7-9) vs. Bradley (16-13, 8-8), Carver Arena, Peoria, Illinois; Wednesday, 8 p.m. EST. Smits’ arrival allows the Bulldogs to play two bigs simultaneously – Smits and 6-7 Bryce Nze, also a transfer – or to have depth at center. .

As a youth, Smits attended summer camps at Butler. INDIANAPOLIS – Derrik Smits is the new guy. I’m good with Smits sitting until conference play and then coming off bench. Derrik Smits had 15 points. The Crusaders play UNC Wilmington on Saturday. Walker was 8 of 9 from the field, and Peters was 5-of-15 shooting from the field and has scored in double-figures in every game this season for the Crusaders (11-3).

Also the old guy. Peters and Tevonn Walker had back-to-back 3s to give Valparaiso (13-4, 3-1 Horizon League) its largest lead at 69-46 with 7:29 left. CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) — Derrik Smits scored 16 points with eight rebounds and Deion Lavender had a clutch basket with 13 seconds left and Valparaiso held off Southern Illinois 65-61 on Saturday. I recall him limping down the court in the second(and last) game played. He isnt better than Bolden? VALPARAISO, Ind. Spiece Indy Heat - 2015 Nick McGlynn had 16 points and nine rebounds for Drake (20-7, 9-5 Missouri Valley Conference). Smits, who is using his final season of NCAA eligibility as a graduate transfer, scored a season-high 16 points off the bench to lead... INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former Valparaiso center Derrik Smits will play his final college basketball season at Butler. “That helps me. (AP) — Derrik Smits scored 18 points with six rebounds and Markus Golder scored 16 and Valparaiso beat UC Riverside 82-73 on Sunday. (AP) — Max Joseph and Jaume Sorolla scored 17 points apiece, both career highs, to lead Valparaiso to an 83-72 win over Southern Illinois on Saturday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Valparaiso (5-3) has won three of its last four and has scored at least 72 points in those games.

BOTTOM LINE: Bradley seeks revenge on Valparaiso after dropping the first matchup... CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — AJ Green had 22 points as Northern Iowa beat Valparaiso 64-53 on Saturday night. (AP) — Joe Burton scored 18 points and missed just three of 11 shot attempts, Bakari Evelyn scored 14 points and Valparaiso drubbed Southeastern Louisiana 83-50 on Sunday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Derrik Smits is a 6-9, 200-pound Power Forward from Zionsville, IN. Derrik Smits chipped in 11 points. (AP) — Tevonn Walker scored 26 points and grabbed six rebounds as Valparaiso ended Drake's five-game win streak with a 77-60 victory Wednesday night. Valparaiso had 13 steals contributing to 25 UNLV turnovers. CHICAGO (AP) — Tevonn Walker scored 23 points, and Alec Peters added 18 points and 11 rebounds as Valparaiso beat Illinois-Chicago 70-59, its 16th straight win over the Flames, in a Horizon League opener on Friday. Smits has even helped instruct others such as freshman John-Michael Mulloy. VALPARAISO, Ind. Butler's Derrik Smits discusses going from a dominant role at Valpo to team role for the Bulldogs. Jordan acknowledged it is unusual to have someone join the program and already know so much about it. Smits is hurt. Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ViaSwiss, Nov 26, 2019. NORMAL, Ill. (AP) — Freshman Javon Freeman scored a career-high 27 points on 11-of-13 shooting and Valparaiso upset Illinois State 69-53 on Tuesday night. With Derrik Smits and Markus Golder both injured, the Valparaiso University men's basketball team suffered a 70-59 loss at home to Drake.

International Baseball Federation Rankings, Aberdare Town Centre Postcode, Breathe Season 3 Cast, Kerry Patton Wife, Stranglehold Game Pc, 3rd Presidential Debate 2020, Fair Game In A Sentence, Cammy Street Fighter 5, Campion Flower, Big Dreams Quotes, Lonestar Lyrics, 200 In Spanish, Undiscovered Territory, Billie Paulette Montgomery, Nanny Mcphee Full Movie In English, District 9 2, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Football Trophies Quiz, Artpop Act 2, Flat Foot Disadvantages, What Does Hud Stand For In Texting, Lucky Luke Daltons Names, Cardiff Population 2019, Lady Kitty Spencer Weight Loss, Weather Underground Premium Review, Coldest Day In Perth 2020, Outside Cat House, Aubree Miller Now, I'm Gonna Take You There Madonna, Children's Book Prizes 2020, Is Kathryn Beaumont Still Alive, Dogecoin Ema, Dewey Cox Real, Longford, Coventry, Abyssinian Cat, Where Is The Fifa World Cup Trophy Kept, Lisa Davis Dj Shadow, Thank You For The Detailed Information, Triple Tap Destiny 2 Emblem, Caerphilly Castle Dragon, Living In Brisbane As A Student, Duggar Grandchildren, Alfreda Frances Bikowsky Picture, Amy Jump Age, Loc Dog Hair, Tom Papa Net Worth, Out Of The Dark (1988), How Many Kids Does Dolly Parton Have, Pope Francis Speech, The Sword Of The Lictor Pdf, Kirk Franklin Hits, Genghis Khan (2018 Cast), Cold Skin Review, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Narrator, Galatasaray Vs Real Madrid Head To Head, Washington Nationals World Series Ring Design, Temple Movie Review, 1996 Yankees World Series Hat, Dil Gira Kahin Par Dafatan Lyrics, Most Lightning Strikes In Australia, Home Insurance Building Now, Itty Bitty Baby Boutique, Lego Dc Super Hero Girls Super Villain High Cast, Margarita With A Straw Watch Online, Will There Be A Red 3 Release Date, Old Fashioned Peach Preserves, Fire Emblem: Three Houses Characters, Charley Pride Songs, Benito Cereno Themes, Rosarito Mexico Climate, James Bresslaw, Maqbool Songs, Jack And Jill Nursery Rhyme Printable, Smithsonian Museum Tickets, Gleason Cutting Tools, The Brand New Testament English Subtitles, Kdk Fan Usa, Monsters University Frank, Space Merchants Chicken Little, Scary Subreddits, Civil War Marching Songs, Matthew Rhys Salary Per Episode, Soccer And Society Impact Factor, Brittany Gnome Alone, Movies About Coal Mining In West Virginia, Billy Zane Community Episode, Peter Cook Height, Who Is In Kirk Franklin I Smile Video, Too Late Blues Blu-ray, Fraidy-cat Or Scaredy-cat, Ipad Pro 11 2nd Generation Keyboard, Is Jaq A Scrabble Word, I Hate The Man In My Basement Watch Online, Tenacious D The Road, The Persistence Of Memory Medium, " />

I don’t have to worry about that as much here. Keyshawn Evans had three 3-pointers and scored 17. Jordan said Smits is catching up on his conditioning but is not restricted in practice otherwise. (AP) — Markus Golder put up a leaping, one-handed shot from half court , the ball snapping through the net at the buzzer as Valparaiso completed a wild last-minute comeback to defeat Illinois State 58-56 in a Missouri Valley Conference opener Wednesday night.

Loyola-Chicago (16-4, 6-2 Missouri Valley) protected the ball with 16 assists on 27 made shots and committed just eight turnovers. . INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Derrik Smits is showing his age. Smits averaged 12.2 points in 22 minutes per game at Valparaiso, and he put up big numbers against big opponents: 23 points against Wake Forest, 20 at West Virginia, 20 at UNLV. On the year, the senior center's averaging 3.3 points and 1.8 rebounds in 9.9 minutes per contest. Derrik Smits bowed his head, lowered the mic, and wiped his eyes. I think we've seen that there is no need for Smits basically, other than some spot minutes here and there. VALPARAISO, Ind. He was impaired for several weeks by an injury to his right knee, but he said he is close to 100% now. Bakari Evelyn added 13 points, five assists and four steals before fouling out and Markus Golder had 10 points. . We’ve got a lot of players who can go off every night.”. Special for IndyStar.

(AP) — Ryan Fazekas scored 19 points with five rebounds and led five players in double-figure scoring as Valparaiso beat Division II Purdue Northwest 97-61 on Saturday. When I got the call from him, I was ecstatic.”. Aundre Jackson added 12 points, Donte Ingram 11 and Cameron Krutwig 10. Markus Golder added 13 and Derrik Smits 11. Markus Golder added 18 points and six rebounds, Javon Freeman had 15 points and seven rebounds, Jaume Sorolla had 11 points and nine rebounds and Derrik Smits had 10 points.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Alec Peters had 17 points and 15 rebounds and Shane Hammink added 15 points to help Valparaiso beat Youngstown State 78-62 on Thursday night. Derrik Smits made all six of his shots and finished with 12 points and collected six rebounds for Valparaiso. Smits said he will have more freedom at Butler than at Valparaiso, where he was not encouraged to stray from the post. We'll be pretty solid down low next year with the combo of Golden, Nze, JMM, David and Coles, MW should be comfortably RS'd and have a very, very high upside. Same goes for the Bulldogs. Latest on Butler Bulldogs center Derrik Smits including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. During the Pacers' second pre-draft workout, Butler center Derrik Smits -- the son of Pacers legend Rik Smits -- had the opportunity to show off his skills. He looked pretty active in the first exhibition game, moving well, passing effectively, but not finishing his shots. I haven’t paid to much attention if Coles will be a college 4 or 5. He doesn’t beat around the bush,” Smits said. Albeit preseason, Martin became just the third Bulldog to appear in an NBA game since 1953.  . Markus Golder added 13 points and nine rebounds and Tevonn Walker had 11 points and nine rebounds. Brownsburg’s Pierce Thomas, a prospect in the 2021 class and also a state long jump champion, attended Butler’s practice Wednesday. Latest on Butler Bulldogs center Derrik Smits including biography, career, awards and more on ESPN “It helped sell me,” Smits said Wednesday during media day at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Smits said the coach has made transition to a new team easy. He won a national championship with the Louisville Cardinals in 1980, and spent nine years in the National Basketball Association (NBA) in a career shortened by a knee injury. He would later become an assistant coach for the Washington Bullets from 1994 until his death.

Would like to just see him dressed as it would appear to be some progress. 1 seed Loyola of Chicago (19-12, 12-6), Missouri Valley Conference Tourney Quarterfinals, Enterprise Center, St. Louis; Friday, 1 p.m. EST, No. Derek Ervin Smith (November 1, 1961 – August 9, 1996) was an American professional basketball player. Why exactly do you say that? Smits said he and Nze are “like-minded post players” who complement each other. VALPARAISO, Ind. After starting the game with only two points, both coming from the foul line, Konate lit up the second half for the Mountaineers (3-2) with a career-high 26 points, including a career-high five three-pointers, and earned a double-double with 10 rebounds. Golder made 6 of 9 from the field and Derrik Smits had 10 points, on 5-of-5 shooting, and eight rebounds for Valparaiso (2-0). Fazekas was 7 of 12 from the field including five from distance for the Crusaders (7-6). In a first appearance, I saw an upside. Youngstown State (8-10, 2-3) scored eight straight to narrow the margin to 73-58 with 2:14 left. View Comments. “Here, we have a lot of options,” he said. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Smits was 8 of 16 from the field for the Crusaders (4-3). Golden won’t play like he did last night every night but we know he will play hard every night reminding us of butler bigs of the past. If he is one piece of a larger whole, well, perfect. Frankly, half the time I forget he even exists. He looked toward his family — his fiancee, Felicia, his parents Candice and Rik — shook his head, and let the words trickle out. Smits played well, though in a slightly diminished capacity, in his return from a four-game absence due to an unspecified knee injury. “I always loved this place and I always watched this place, even when I was at Valpo. Butler's first exhibition is Oct. 26 against IU-Kokomo. So when the 7-1 Smits announced he was leaving Valparaiso as a graduate transfer, the pitch by Butler coach LaVall Jordan was simple: Better late than never. LAS VEGAS (AP) — Derrik Smits scored 20 points with 12 rebounds and Valparaiso beat UNLV 72-64 on Wednesday night. Very sorry to see it, but I like the rotation as it stands.

Contact IndyStar reporter David Woods at david.woods@indystar.com or call 317-444-6195. “So I don’t have to go out and get 15, 20 points every night.

VALPARAISO, Ind. Luke McDonnell had 13 points for Northern Iowa (14-15, 9-7 Missouri Valley... Valparaiso (14-14, 7-8) vs. Northern Iowa (13-15, 8-7), McLeod Center, Cedar Falls, Iowa; Saturday, 8 p.m. EST. Derrik Smits shaking off the rust, looking to make difference for Butler basketball . When he comes back, we'll see. We were warned, but, most of us (me) didn't listen. More of a team attack here. The 7-foot-1 center will be eligible immediately. (AP) — Derrik Smits finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds for his third double-double of the season and Valparaiso turned back Northern Iowa 75-66 on Saturday. (AP) — Clayton Custer scored 18 points with five assists and four steals and Loyola-Chicago pulled away from Valparaiso in the second half for a 70-54 win on Sunday. Smits was 10 of 14 from the field for the Crusaders (15-16, 6-12 Missouri Valley Conference), who finish last in conference and will not see tournament play. “Having the humility to say that comes with maturity and experience," Jordan said.

Seems like a waste of a scholarship when we could have gone after other transfers. DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Derrik Smits scored a career-best 22 points and grabbed six rebounds and Valparaiso closed out the regular season with a 69-64 win over Drake on Saturday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Elijah Childs had 18 points and eight rebounds for Bradley (17-13,... Valparaiso (14-15, 7-9) vs. Bradley (16-13, 8-8), Carver Arena, Peoria, Illinois; Wednesday, 8 p.m. EST. Smits’ arrival allows the Bulldogs to play two bigs simultaneously – Smits and 6-7 Bryce Nze, also a transfer – or to have depth at center. .

As a youth, Smits attended summer camps at Butler. INDIANAPOLIS – Derrik Smits is the new guy. I’m good with Smits sitting until conference play and then coming off bench. Derrik Smits had 15 points. The Crusaders play UNC Wilmington on Saturday. Walker was 8 of 9 from the field, and Peters was 5-of-15 shooting from the field and has scored in double-figures in every game this season for the Crusaders (11-3).

Also the old guy. Peters and Tevonn Walker had back-to-back 3s to give Valparaiso (13-4, 3-1 Horizon League) its largest lead at 69-46 with 7:29 left. CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) — Derrik Smits scored 16 points with eight rebounds and Deion Lavender had a clutch basket with 13 seconds left and Valparaiso held off Southern Illinois 65-61 on Saturday. I recall him limping down the court in the second(and last) game played. He isnt better than Bolden? VALPARAISO, Ind. Spiece Indy Heat - 2015 Nick McGlynn had 16 points and nine rebounds for Drake (20-7, 9-5 Missouri Valley Conference). Smits, who is using his final season of NCAA eligibility as a graduate transfer, scored a season-high 16 points off the bench to lead... INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former Valparaiso center Derrik Smits will play his final college basketball season at Butler. “That helps me. (AP) — Derrik Smits scored 18 points with six rebounds and Markus Golder scored 16 and Valparaiso beat UC Riverside 82-73 on Sunday. (AP) — Max Joseph and Jaume Sorolla scored 17 points apiece, both career highs, to lead Valparaiso to an 83-72 win over Southern Illinois on Saturday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Valparaiso (5-3) has won three of its last four and has scored at least 72 points in those games.

BOTTOM LINE: Bradley seeks revenge on Valparaiso after dropping the first matchup... CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — AJ Green had 22 points as Northern Iowa beat Valparaiso 64-53 on Saturday night. (AP) — Joe Burton scored 18 points and missed just three of 11 shot attempts, Bakari Evelyn scored 14 points and Valparaiso drubbed Southeastern Louisiana 83-50 on Sunday. VALPARAISO, Ind. Derrik Smits is a 6-9, 200-pound Power Forward from Zionsville, IN. Derrik Smits chipped in 11 points. (AP) — Tevonn Walker scored 26 points and grabbed six rebounds as Valparaiso ended Drake's five-game win streak with a 77-60 victory Wednesday night. Valparaiso had 13 steals contributing to 25 UNLV turnovers. CHICAGO (AP) — Tevonn Walker scored 23 points, and Alec Peters added 18 points and 11 rebounds as Valparaiso beat Illinois-Chicago 70-59, its 16th straight win over the Flames, in a Horizon League opener on Friday. Smits has even helped instruct others such as freshman John-Michael Mulloy. VALPARAISO, Ind. Butler's Derrik Smits discusses going from a dominant role at Valpo to team role for the Bulldogs. Jordan acknowledged it is unusual to have someone join the program and already know so much about it. Smits is hurt. Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ViaSwiss, Nov 26, 2019. NORMAL, Ill. (AP) — Freshman Javon Freeman scored a career-high 27 points on 11-of-13 shooting and Valparaiso upset Illinois State 69-53 on Tuesday night. With Derrik Smits and Markus Golder both injured, the Valparaiso University men's basketball team suffered a 70-59 loss at home to Drake.

International Baseball Federation Rankings, Aberdare Town Centre Postcode, Breathe Season 3 Cast, Kerry Patton Wife, Stranglehold Game Pc, 3rd Presidential Debate 2020, Fair Game In A Sentence, Cammy Street Fighter 5, Campion Flower, Big Dreams Quotes, Lonestar Lyrics, 200 In Spanish, Undiscovered Territory, Billie Paulette Montgomery, Nanny Mcphee Full Movie In English, District 9 2, Vanellope Von Schweetz, Football Trophies Quiz, Artpop Act 2, Flat Foot Disadvantages, What Does Hud Stand For In Texting, Lucky Luke Daltons Names, Cardiff Population 2019, Lady Kitty Spencer Weight Loss, Weather Underground Premium Review, Coldest Day In Perth 2020, Outside Cat House, Aubree Miller Now, I'm Gonna Take You There Madonna, Children's Book Prizes 2020, Is Kathryn Beaumont Still Alive, Dogecoin Ema, Dewey Cox Real, Longford, Coventry, Abyssinian Cat, Where Is The Fifa World Cup Trophy Kept, Lisa Davis Dj Shadow, Thank You For The Detailed Information, Triple Tap Destiny 2 Emblem, Caerphilly Castle Dragon, Living In Brisbane As A Student, Duggar Grandchildren, Alfreda Frances Bikowsky Picture, Amy Jump Age, Loc Dog Hair, Tom Papa Net Worth, Out Of The Dark (1988), How Many Kids Does Dolly Parton Have, Pope Francis Speech, The Sword Of The Lictor Pdf, Kirk Franklin Hits, Genghis Khan (2018 Cast), Cold Skin Review, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Narrator, Galatasaray Vs Real Madrid Head To Head, Washington Nationals World Series Ring Design, Temple Movie Review, 1996 Yankees World Series Hat, Dil Gira Kahin Par Dafatan Lyrics, Most Lightning Strikes In Australia, Home Insurance Building Now, Itty Bitty Baby Boutique, Lego Dc Super Hero Girls Super Villain High Cast, Margarita With A Straw Watch Online, Will There Be A Red 3 Release Date, Old Fashioned Peach Preserves, Fire Emblem: Three Houses Characters, Charley Pride Songs, Benito Cereno Themes, Rosarito Mexico Climate, James Bresslaw, Maqbool Songs, Jack And Jill Nursery Rhyme Printable, Smithsonian Museum Tickets, Gleason Cutting Tools, The Brand New Testament English Subtitles, Kdk Fan Usa, Monsters University Frank, Space Merchants Chicken Little, Scary Subreddits, Civil War Marching Songs, Matthew Rhys Salary Per Episode, Soccer And Society Impact Factor, Brittany Gnome Alone, Movies About Coal Mining In West Virginia, Billy Zane Community Episode, Peter Cook Height, Who Is In Kirk Franklin I Smile Video, Too Late Blues Blu-ray, Fraidy-cat Or Scaredy-cat, Ipad Pro 11 2nd Generation Keyboard, Is Jaq A Scrabble Word, I Hate The Man In My Basement Watch Online, Tenacious D The Road, The Persistence Of Memory Medium,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.