I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I not been expecting something to laugh about. This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Peter Sellers on Netflix. Featuring a stunning cast, The Party is a witty, sharp and very funny new comedy from acclaimed British filmmaker Sally Potter. It may be full of tropes and caricatures but at 71 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome and I had fun at the Party, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 April 2018. rubbish comes to mine!! Following some unexpected revelations, a celebration quickly takes a turn for the worse in Sally Potter's razor-sharp comedy. Perhaps this expectation of ‘hilarious funny’ may in part explain why The Party has received quite a few very poor Amazon customer reviews. Watch trailer Rent for £3.50.
Every step is a funny disaster, from the way he is invited to the party, to how he parks his three-wheeled Morgan and blocks himself from being able to leave his car to how he enters the home with mud on his shoe and then loses and tries to regain the shoe....all of this portrayed by the master of awkward situations, Peter Sellers. We found 13 titles with Peter Sellers on Netflix. My very favorite among many Peter Sellers greats.

Some customer’s expectations just weren’t met. Edwards biographers Peter Lehman and William Luhr said, "The Party may very well be one of the most radically experimental films in Hollywood history; in fact it may be the single most radical film since D. W. Griffith's style came to dominate the American cinema." For the most part, Peter Sellers (as Hrundi V Bakshi) is a quiet, reactive character with a lot of strange 1960's Hollywood people to react to. The film has a very loose structure, and essentially serves as a series of set pieces for Sellers's improvisational comedy talents. Sellers' Bakshi arguably outdoes Sellers' Clouseau. Instead it was like watching a bunch of miserable people and their miserable life dramas. A one-man wrecking crew wreaks havoc at a Hollywood party. It's an exercise in acting and scriptwriting and enjoyable taken on that level.

The comedy is based on a fish-out-of-water premise, in which a bungling Indian actor accidentally gets invited to a lavish Hollywood dinner party and "makes terrible mistakes based upon ignorance of Western ways." Paul D. Yost . Taking a page from Tati, this is neorealist comedy, purposefully lacking a director's guiding eye: look here, look there. Sign in to see videos available to you. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Was I watching the same film the critics wrote about? It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. 'Tickle an aromatherapist and you'll find a fascist' Highly engaging tragi-comic pressure cooker. "Hilarious"? The actual story overall was not what one would expect from the trailer. Director: Sally Potter. This movie, though very much a product of '60s culture and style, has stood the test of time well. Read more. Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 24, 2019. I'm still asking myself why they bothered to make this, and how so many excellent actors and actresses were persuaded to take part. Great acting, yes, but that's about it. The Edwards magic is taking something from incipience to radiant (lovable) insanity! "Hilarious" is very much a misnomer. I did enjoy the black and white filming, however, the person who played 'Tom' ruined it for the most part by overacting. Select the department you want to search in. Without doubt, the biggest pile of self indulgent verbal diarrhoea it has been my misfortune to sit through. Blake Edwards knew how to collaborate well with Sellers, and many of the other actors give fine performances also. Patricia Clarkson's character, is the mistress of mordant observation. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 15, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 3, 2019. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Video availability outside of United Kingdom varies. It’s a great movie from a great actor who left this world very early. Very very boring.

Brilliant set piece and perhaps Peter Seller's funniest. Peter Sellers is a disaster-prone actor from India who is at first thrown off the set by the producer of a film then invited to his posh Hollywood party. Not hilariously funny but not a bad movie either - 3.5 stars , Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 May 2018. I've watched this movie (and all his movies) over and over throughout the years and can picture no one else coming close to being able to pull off being a total bumbling character as Sellers. The Party. I suppose now days, it might be considered a bit racist, as Peter Sellers darkens his face to portray an Indian actor...but there are moments of comedic genius that make it a great move. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 April 2018. Feb 19, 2018 - Watch The Party Online | the party | The Party (1968) | Director: Blake Edwards | Cast: Peter Sellers, Claudine Longet, Natalia Borisova, Jean Carson Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Released 45 years ago, in 1968, and still laugh out loud funny. God bless his soul! No idea why it got so many accolades. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2015. "Stingingly funny"? It may be full of tropes and caricatures but at 71 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome and I had fun at the Party. I am not a party person, and to see the awkwardness of Peter Sellers at this party where he knows no one and plays a socially awkward person of another culture who is the opposite of a smooth operator is so so funny. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 March 2018. Usually this only shows up once or twice a year, very late at night (which is when I saw it) Yes there are elements of the usual Blake Edwards slapstick humor, but it is all fun and you leave this Party feeling happy that went there. Comment Report abuse. It's more like a short play and taken in that vein, it's excellent. Sellers’ parents were vaudeville entertainers, and at two days old, Sellers was carried onto the stage at King’s Theatre. Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2015. Try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 June 2018.
Empyrean Etymology, Breadcrumb Recipes, Man Down Cancelled, Kenny Chesney - Here And Now Vinyl, Whatcha Thinkin Bout Meaning, Maxx Nakwaasah And Carrington Franklin, Graduation Celebration Ideas, Handwritten Quote Maker, He Has Made A Way, Is Jiren Stronger Than Beerus, The Letters (1973), Redbubble Pricing Tips, Love Me Or Leave Me Alone Lyrics Beachwood, Voya Financial Careers, I Have Nowhere To Go Song, Aap Ki Kasam Cast, Claudia Chicago, What Is History, The Three Of Us Meaning, Maddie Poppe And Caleb Hutchinson Married, Haywire Menu, Ipad Pro 11-inch (1st Generation Release Date), Coin Wallet Login, Asereje Meaning Devil, Coin Wallet Login, His Strength Is Perfect When Our Strength Is Gone Bible Verse, Traffic Light Uk, What Does Starred Up Mean In British Slang, Trump Speech Transcript, Hermano Clothing, Wwe Raw Live, Romanticism Philosophy, Complexity Gaming Jobs, Uninvited Book Pdf, Anderson Liverpool, How Old Was David Janssen When He Died, " />

Hardly worth watching sums it up. I've enjoyed watching it. 14 people found this helpful. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2013. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Sellers portraying awkard guest at a party is the bomb, Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2013. Another killer combo of Blake Edwards, Peter Sellers and Henry Mancini! This immense goof gets him blacklisted by a powerful Hollywood producer, but due to a clerical foulup by the producer's secretary, Mr. Bakshi instead ends up on a different list.... party guests at the producer's home! R.S.V.P for The Party...you won't be sorry. Mildly amusing from time to time, this is anything but a comedy. Your favorites, all in one place. Below you find an overview of all movies and series with Peter Sellers on Netflix. Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars + Nat Geo, Get unlimited access to the largest streaming library with limited ads, Stream on up to 4 devices at the same time. The "revelations", when they came, were at best tepid, and entirely predictable. The clincher, however, is when he inadvertently blows up an expensive movie prop, scheduled to be destroyed on film minutes later; while tying his shoe. Mr. Bakshi, however, is a colossal screwup, and manages to destroy every scene in which he participates. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Perhaps this expectation of ‘hilarious funny’ may in part explain why The Party has received quite a few very poor Amazon customer reviews. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Here's an oxymoron for you: serious humor! Enjoy a rich lineup of TV shows and movies included with your Prime membership. Travelling or based outside United Kingdom? Not even very clever or surprising. Mostly takes place at a Hollywood party in a modern private home. I'm sorry I wasted my money and my time to find this out - literally and figuratively, because in my view this has been mis-sold. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Really? The Party is considered a classic comedic cult film. A propos Peter Sellers. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 November 2018. But his reactions and the charm of his character keep it interesting and fun. Such a funny movie. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. This is worth watching - its only an hour long. The cost of the film did not warrant the 1 hour of drivel that ensued. If you want a truly funny, rib tickling hilarious it will make you cry with laughter movie to watch, then I’d recommend virtually any laurel and hardy movie; any Gene Wilder/Richard Prior comedy or anything with Peter Sellers in it. Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2017. And yes, the fancy homes back then did also have some fancy controls and what Sellers does by flipping a few switches will make you want to add a security code to your panel.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I not been expecting something to laugh about. This is a regularly updated list with movies, series and documentaries with Peter Sellers on Netflix. Featuring a stunning cast, The Party is a witty, sharp and very funny new comedy from acclaimed British filmmaker Sally Potter. It may be full of tropes and caricatures but at 71 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome and I had fun at the Party, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 16 April 2018. rubbish comes to mine!! Following some unexpected revelations, a celebration quickly takes a turn for the worse in Sally Potter's razor-sharp comedy. Perhaps this expectation of ‘hilarious funny’ may in part explain why The Party has received quite a few very poor Amazon customer reviews. Watch trailer Rent for £3.50.
Every step is a funny disaster, from the way he is invited to the party, to how he parks his three-wheeled Morgan and blocks himself from being able to leave his car to how he enters the home with mud on his shoe and then loses and tries to regain the shoe....all of this portrayed by the master of awkward situations, Peter Sellers. We found 13 titles with Peter Sellers on Netflix. My very favorite among many Peter Sellers greats.

Some customer’s expectations just weren’t met. Edwards biographers Peter Lehman and William Luhr said, "The Party may very well be one of the most radically experimental films in Hollywood history; in fact it may be the single most radical film since D. W. Griffith's style came to dominate the American cinema." For the most part, Peter Sellers (as Hrundi V Bakshi) is a quiet, reactive character with a lot of strange 1960's Hollywood people to react to. The film has a very loose structure, and essentially serves as a series of set pieces for Sellers's improvisational comedy talents. Sellers' Bakshi arguably outdoes Sellers' Clouseau. Instead it was like watching a bunch of miserable people and their miserable life dramas. A one-man wrecking crew wreaks havoc at a Hollywood party. It's an exercise in acting and scriptwriting and enjoyable taken on that level.

The comedy is based on a fish-out-of-water premise, in which a bungling Indian actor accidentally gets invited to a lavish Hollywood dinner party and "makes terrible mistakes based upon ignorance of Western ways." Paul D. Yost . Taking a page from Tati, this is neorealist comedy, purposefully lacking a director's guiding eye: look here, look there. Sign in to see videos available to you. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Was I watching the same film the critics wrote about? It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. 'Tickle an aromatherapist and you'll find a fascist' Highly engaging tragi-comic pressure cooker. "Hilarious"? The actual story overall was not what one would expect from the trailer. Director: Sally Potter. This movie, though very much a product of '60s culture and style, has stood the test of time well. Read more. Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 24, 2019. I'm still asking myself why they bothered to make this, and how so many excellent actors and actresses were persuaded to take part. Great acting, yes, but that's about it. The Edwards magic is taking something from incipience to radiant (lovable) insanity! "Hilarious" is very much a misnomer. I did enjoy the black and white filming, however, the person who played 'Tom' ruined it for the most part by overacting. Select the department you want to search in. Without doubt, the biggest pile of self indulgent verbal diarrhoea it has been my misfortune to sit through. Blake Edwards knew how to collaborate well with Sellers, and many of the other actors give fine performances also. Patricia Clarkson's character, is the mistress of mordant observation. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 15, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 3, 2019. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Video availability outside of United Kingdom varies. It’s a great movie from a great actor who left this world very early. Very very boring.

Brilliant set piece and perhaps Peter Seller's funniest. Peter Sellers is a disaster-prone actor from India who is at first thrown off the set by the producer of a film then invited to his posh Hollywood party. Not hilariously funny but not a bad movie either - 3.5 stars , Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 May 2018. I've watched this movie (and all his movies) over and over throughout the years and can picture no one else coming close to being able to pull off being a total bumbling character as Sellers. The Party. I suppose now days, it might be considered a bit racist, as Peter Sellers darkens his face to portray an Indian actor...but there are moments of comedic genius that make it a great move. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 April 2018. Feb 19, 2018 - Watch The Party Online | the party | The Party (1968) | Director: Blake Edwards | Cast: Peter Sellers, Claudine Longet, Natalia Borisova, Jean Carson Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Released 45 years ago, in 1968, and still laugh out loud funny. God bless his soul! No idea why it got so many accolades. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2015. "Stingingly funny"? It may be full of tropes and caricatures but at 71 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome and I had fun at the Party. I am not a party person, and to see the awkwardness of Peter Sellers at this party where he knows no one and plays a socially awkward person of another culture who is the opposite of a smooth operator is so so funny. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 March 2018. Usually this only shows up once or twice a year, very late at night (which is when I saw it) Yes there are elements of the usual Blake Edwards slapstick humor, but it is all fun and you leave this Party feeling happy that went there. Comment Report abuse. It's more like a short play and taken in that vein, it's excellent. Sellers’ parents were vaudeville entertainers, and at two days old, Sellers was carried onto the stage at King’s Theatre. Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2015. Try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 June 2018.

Empyrean Etymology, Breadcrumb Recipes, Man Down Cancelled, Kenny Chesney - Here And Now Vinyl, Whatcha Thinkin Bout Meaning, Maxx Nakwaasah And Carrington Franklin, Graduation Celebration Ideas, Handwritten Quote Maker, He Has Made A Way, Is Jiren Stronger Than Beerus, The Letters (1973), Redbubble Pricing Tips, Love Me Or Leave Me Alone Lyrics Beachwood, Voya Financial Careers, I Have Nowhere To Go Song, Aap Ki Kasam Cast, Claudia Chicago, What Is History, The Three Of Us Meaning, Maddie Poppe And Caleb Hutchinson Married, Haywire Menu, Ipad Pro 11-inch (1st Generation Release Date), Coin Wallet Login, Asereje Meaning Devil, Coin Wallet Login, His Strength Is Perfect When Our Strength Is Gone Bible Verse, Traffic Light Uk, What Does Starred Up Mean In British Slang, Trump Speech Transcript, Hermano Clothing, Wwe Raw Live, Romanticism Philosophy, Complexity Gaming Jobs, Uninvited Book Pdf, Anderson Liverpool, How Old Was David Janssen When He Died,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.