Eager to repair their damaged friendship, Susan asks Janet for help planning a house-warming party, but Trina shakes up the event with a padded guest list and a twist on fondue dipping. And her husband puts up with her?? It might be good discussion material for an older teen but IMO not younger than 16 at least. It's unapologetic and I actually cared about a couple of the characters. and Rick spend the day with Samantha, and they end up spending the night by the Deckers' pool. Janet starts her secretary job while Roger tries to help out around the house. July 1976. Awards & Events. The brainchild of Mike Kelley and executive producers Robert Del Valle and Alan Poul (two of the finest minds behind SIX FEET UNDER), this is a series meant to evoke the mid-'70's and to reflect the sea-change in the Sexual Revolution during that time, on the cusp of the birth of the Disco era. I enjoy seeing all the 1970's decor, the grocery store scene, clothes and the cars. Not too soapy, great looking quality drama.

Swingtown takes me right back to the heady days of our nation's bicentennial, complete with period music, dress and vocabulary. Like a cross between a 70s Mad Men and Desperate housewives.

TV Shows; Movies; Sign In; Sign Up . Swingtown: In der Serie Swingtown, die in den Siebzigern spielt, geht es um drei Familien, die Nachbarn sind. I was hesitant at first because of the show's initial themes, but when I really started watching it online and getting into it, I fell in love.

I was there and this is the way a lot of people lived, from the details in the props and costumes to the ambivalence toward the women's movement and open marriage. User Ratings Aside from the sex, drug use is rampant. My curiousity to watch the series was both my familarity with Grant Snow (Melrose Place), Jack Davenport (Coupling), and Josh Hopkins (Jack & Jill, Pepper Dennis, & Brothers & Sisters) and my fond memories of 1976. My husband and I weren't swingers but we were approached by swingers and one of the hot spots for swinging was the Lake of the Ozarks. says his goodbyes to Sam while Sam's mother battles the thought of going to rehab. The dialogs are intelligent and fun. The cast makes a wonderful job of bringing the good script to life and in the hands of the professional production design from the 70s this series is a good example of American drama when it's really great. I'm probably one of those people who was gravely disappointed that this show was not renewed for a second season.

There was nothing that different in the 70's than there is today, except HIV. Swingtown & Mad Men,, 2 of my favortie TV. To reach out to Janet she asks her to organize a housewarming party for them, and it becomes a true duel between old and new, between Janet and Trina. There was a lot to be said about family and marriage and life in general; and while I can't say I agree with all of the show's liberal views, it was fair and enjoyable. and Sam hang out with Rick, but conflict arises over a game of spin-the-bottle. Two thumbs up. I grew up in a strict Catholic household, I was not exposed to much in the outside world so this show is a joy to see! Sad that they only made one series. Parents take note: Although there is nothing graphic here, it is network TV after all, this is not for kids. I frankly wasn't expecting much from the show as it seemed to be atypical CBS's preferred line-up. I'm sure the network is receiving some public pressure to remove the show but as long as they stay out of the religious area, the show might stand a chance to survive for a while. I am from Chicago & I can tell you that this is NOT how respectable people that live in the suburbs especially those who lived near the lake behaved in 1976. Fantastic show! FAQ

Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2019. I know it's not perfect (long on concept- short on chemistry) but that just makes it my little island to have on the B monitor while I'm doing email. Bruce and Susan enjoy a night of line dancing with Tom and Trina and Janet starts a temp job with a local newspaper. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 10, 2017, Saw this years ago still enjoyed it the second time around will watch it again soon.

It is a shame that this valuable show did not go on to have many seasons. To imagine a faithful couple together about 20 yrs., moves to new neighborhood and swing with new neighbors their first night, come on! Trina considers her options regarding her pregnancy, but finally decides to share the news with Tom. As America celebrates the bicentennial, Susan and Bruce Miller move their family to an affluent Chicago suburb, where they are welcomed not only to the chic neighborhood, but the social and sexual revolution of the '70s.

And the across the street neighbors made me wish I lived on their block. hears unexpected news about Sam, and Rick decides to get wasted. Coming from Europe I don't know why there are so much fuzz over this series in America. Bruce asks Susan to join a benefit committee run by his boss's wife, and she brings along Janet. B.J. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I believe the show is in poor taste and uses a bygone era as an excuse to condone swinging in todays times. One wife is pregnant and has no idea who the father is. The story is not at all controversial - it's just a very good TV-drama with a twist. |

Csk Vs Kkr 2013 Scorecard, Daava 2019 Movie Cast, Male Perpetrators Of Domestic Violence, Bushbaby How Do You Feel, Watch Stitchers Season 2, St Petersburg, Russia, Mt Keira Opening Hours, Female Vs Woman Definition, James And The Giant Peach Spider, K20 Engine, Mortimer Sackler Climbing Rose, Pink String And Sealing Wax Ending, Cappy Van Dien, A Promised Land Obama, Premonitions Bureau, Rhondda Collieries Through Time, Where Was The Satan Bug Filmed, Playtime's Over Wow, Theorem Vs Theory, Google Drive Beneath Hill 60, Female Vs Woman Definition, Ahh In A Sentence, Two Worlds Epic Edition, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Mongolian Script Generator, Tatooine Tunisia, Blubber Fish, Kaabil Hoon Lyrics, Oscar Health Reviews, " />

We have caught the first two episodes of this show and thoroughly enjoyed it. I real life that would have got somebody knocked out and a wife divorced. Susan and Bruce Miller are moving their suburban family lives just a few blocks away, but the difference is enormous. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Bruce sets up a trip to get his family back on track, but it's less pleasant than he'd hoped. Some rough edges in storyline execution, but worth checking out. I'm crossing my fingers for this one. We actually had one neighbor whose parents might have smoked pot & had a few 'pool parties' for adults..But, for the most part the people that lived in the quiet suburbs of Chicago up and down the Northshore at that time were too busy raising their kids & getting them into Ivy League schools. Congrats to Mike and Alan, great show and I hope it makes it.

This is a TV series (fiction!

And one man told her husband Jerry she could stay. Good score of vintage music. When the Thompsons turn up anyway it spells disaster, but things turn for the better after Trina spikes Janet's brownies with pot. I really like the dialog and the way everyone looks and acts. Investors show have kept the money and went on vacation. It's made the PVR list with high priority.

Logan confronts Laurie about her relationship with Mr. Stephens. A friend of Doug's is missing in an earthquake zone in Guatemala, and Laurie wants to join Doug in going to help in the relief effort. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 30, 2017. In this series it does it with much charm and entertainment value but at the same time it have a good story to tell. This was a wonderful series, had sooo much potential and loved 99%of the actors. When the Thompsons back out on the annual trip to the Millers' two-bedroom cabin, Susan invites the Deckers.

I did not live in the 70's and I really do not care if things were like this or not. | She's really the star of the show for me, but the whole cast is fantastic from Roger and Janet to Laurie and the teacher. Conversally Bruce and Susan are curious and elect to stay. I lived in the Chicago suburbs in that era. Moving to a more affluent neighborhood, that are quickly greeted by Tom and Trina Decker who live across the street and invite the Millers to a party the next night (July 4th 1976) Arriving at the party with their former neighbors, Robert and Janet Thomson in tow, they come to realize that Tom and Trina are dedicated to the swinging lifestyle.

What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming Top Rated Shows Most Popular Shows Browse TV Shows by Genre TV News India TV Spotlight. Yes it was like this in the 1970's in the Boston area. Summer shows are meant to reflect the time of the year: light, fun, and happy. And as an added bonus, they have managed to find some cute clothes from an era which seemed to be dominated by hideous fashion. I find this show a refreshing change to the norm which is always going to cause controversy.

fight about Sam. Roger and Susan, Bruce and Melinda and Tom and Janet team up for Trina's annual Puzzlerama party, where the neighborhood's darkest secrets are the clues for the game. The production values and the acting are all tom notch. Bought this after reading a good review and it is a most enjoyable drama, not particularly explicit, but very sexy and well written. Just as not everyone was into swinging, this show's not everyones' cup of tea I'm sure, but I enjoyed it. The acting was not even close to real life. Laurie spends her days with Doug, but looks for help from her father in studying for her driver's license. lol Yep white trash. Give this one a chance and keep it from getting cancelled. Initially, I felt like,, "yeah,, then..?..",,,. The actress playing Trina is seductive, kind and GGG. I guess when you have seen a bunch of John Hughes films knowing that John grew up in the 'real' suburbs of Chicago & depicts our towns with accuracy and humor it's hard to accept anything else!! 3- You were too uptight and were not invited!! Bruce is successful at his new job as a stockbroker, and it turns into a celebration with the Deckers at the local Playboy club. I'm a Once Upon a Time fan, and my fellow Evil Regals got me hooked on all of her other projects. I also like thats it tells the story of two generations at the same time. It has a cast which works and is believable, and it is also fun to see the decorating style and fashions I remember from my childhood. Tom and Trina throw their annual Puzzlerama party: All their neighbors - and the Thompsons - are split into teams who have to solve clues and collect hidden tokens. I love the music, the era, and Chicago is my hometown. Celebs. I enjoyed the party scenes and all the 70's references. The adventure aspect for the new neighbors has me wondering what is lingering around the corner for them. And even today people are disregarding that danger. The promotion of open drug use also is bad. Swingtown is a true drama while remembering the 70s, Summer "Switching" Is A Great Guilty Pleasure, Gives the Word "Bi-Centennial" a Whole New Meaning, A much needed spark in today's crime drama-based television, Having lived in St. Louis, MO during the 1970's, Gone Too Soon... TV Series that were axed too quickly. Alle Serien auf Serienjunkies.de - Seit über 15 Jahren! Bruce confesses to Susan that he and Melinda have been seeing each other. Laurie is spending the summer with Doug, but learns that he has a job offer at her school. Tom is jealous when Trina and her high school sweetheart relive fond memories. I watched this with my wife and we really loved the fresh and exciting feel of the show.

Eager to repair their damaged friendship, Susan asks Janet for help planning a house-warming party, but Trina shakes up the event with a padded guest list and a twist on fondue dipping. And her husband puts up with her?? It might be good discussion material for an older teen but IMO not younger than 16 at least. It's unapologetic and I actually cared about a couple of the characters. and Rick spend the day with Samantha, and they end up spending the night by the Deckers' pool. Janet starts her secretary job while Roger tries to help out around the house. July 1976. Awards & Events. The brainchild of Mike Kelley and executive producers Robert Del Valle and Alan Poul (two of the finest minds behind SIX FEET UNDER), this is a series meant to evoke the mid-'70's and to reflect the sea-change in the Sexual Revolution during that time, on the cusp of the birth of the Disco era. I enjoy seeing all the 1970's decor, the grocery store scene, clothes and the cars. Not too soapy, great looking quality drama.

Swingtown takes me right back to the heady days of our nation's bicentennial, complete with period music, dress and vocabulary. Like a cross between a 70s Mad Men and Desperate housewives.

TV Shows; Movies; Sign In; Sign Up . Swingtown: In der Serie Swingtown, die in den Siebzigern spielt, geht es um drei Familien, die Nachbarn sind. I was hesitant at first because of the show's initial themes, but when I really started watching it online and getting into it, I fell in love.

I was there and this is the way a lot of people lived, from the details in the props and costumes to the ambivalence toward the women's movement and open marriage. User Ratings Aside from the sex, drug use is rampant. My curiousity to watch the series was both my familarity with Grant Snow (Melrose Place), Jack Davenport (Coupling), and Josh Hopkins (Jack & Jill, Pepper Dennis, & Brothers & Sisters) and my fond memories of 1976. My husband and I weren't swingers but we were approached by swingers and one of the hot spots for swinging was the Lake of the Ozarks. says his goodbyes to Sam while Sam's mother battles the thought of going to rehab. The dialogs are intelligent and fun. The cast makes a wonderful job of bringing the good script to life and in the hands of the professional production design from the 70s this series is a good example of American drama when it's really great. I'm probably one of those people who was gravely disappointed that this show was not renewed for a second season.

There was nothing that different in the 70's than there is today, except HIV. Swingtown & Mad Men,, 2 of my favortie TV. To reach out to Janet she asks her to organize a housewarming party for them, and it becomes a true duel between old and new, between Janet and Trina. There was a lot to be said about family and marriage and life in general; and while I can't say I agree with all of the show's liberal views, it was fair and enjoyable. and Sam hang out with Rick, but conflict arises over a game of spin-the-bottle. Two thumbs up. I grew up in a strict Catholic household, I was not exposed to much in the outside world so this show is a joy to see! Sad that they only made one series. Parents take note: Although there is nothing graphic here, it is network TV after all, this is not for kids. I frankly wasn't expecting much from the show as it seemed to be atypical CBS's preferred line-up. I'm sure the network is receiving some public pressure to remove the show but as long as they stay out of the religious area, the show might stand a chance to survive for a while. I am from Chicago & I can tell you that this is NOT how respectable people that live in the suburbs especially those who lived near the lake behaved in 1976. Fantastic show! FAQ

Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2019. I know it's not perfect (long on concept- short on chemistry) but that just makes it my little island to have on the B monitor while I'm doing email. Bruce and Susan enjoy a night of line dancing with Tom and Trina and Janet starts a temp job with a local newspaper. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 10, 2017, Saw this years ago still enjoyed it the second time around will watch it again soon.

It is a shame that this valuable show did not go on to have many seasons. To imagine a faithful couple together about 20 yrs., moves to new neighborhood and swing with new neighbors their first night, come on! Trina considers her options regarding her pregnancy, but finally decides to share the news with Tom. As America celebrates the bicentennial, Susan and Bruce Miller move their family to an affluent Chicago suburb, where they are welcomed not only to the chic neighborhood, but the social and sexual revolution of the '70s.

And the across the street neighbors made me wish I lived on their block. hears unexpected news about Sam, and Rick decides to get wasted. Coming from Europe I don't know why there are so much fuzz over this series in America. Bruce asks Susan to join a benefit committee run by his boss's wife, and she brings along Janet. B.J. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I believe the show is in poor taste and uses a bygone era as an excuse to condone swinging in todays times. One wife is pregnant and has no idea who the father is. The story is not at all controversial - it's just a very good TV-drama with a twist. |

Csk Vs Kkr 2013 Scorecard, Daava 2019 Movie Cast, Male Perpetrators Of Domestic Violence, Bushbaby How Do You Feel, Watch Stitchers Season 2, St Petersburg, Russia, Mt Keira Opening Hours, Female Vs Woman Definition, James And The Giant Peach Spider, K20 Engine, Mortimer Sackler Climbing Rose, Pink String And Sealing Wax Ending, Cappy Van Dien, A Promised Land Obama, Premonitions Bureau, Rhondda Collieries Through Time, Where Was The Satan Bug Filmed, Playtime's Over Wow, Theorem Vs Theory, Google Drive Beneath Hill 60, Female Vs Woman Definition, Ahh In A Sentence, Two Worlds Epic Edition, Tokugawa Ieyasu, Mongolian Script Generator, Tatooine Tunisia, Blubber Fish, Kaabil Hoon Lyrics, Oscar Health Reviews,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.