Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 4, 2020, had a laugh with this film, I watched it years ago and forgot how funny she was in This. What is your favorite movie featuring primarily military BASIC TRAINING?

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In other words, it's square on the screen and not wide like in the theater.

Polly Holliday was added to the cast after Eileen Brennan was seriously injured after being struck by a speeding car travelling at 50 miles an hour.

Reviewed in the United States on August 5, 2018. Use the HTML below.

One of my all time favorite movies.

Classic comedy, unfortunately not a great DVD.

The misadventures and trials of an aspiring singer and her co-workers at a greasy-spoon diner. Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, Soldier in Judy's Platoon Despite container saying "Standard Version - film modified to fit to your screen": it was stretched sideways from standard to widescreen (not reformatted) so every actor looked double-wide and spoiled the whole movie. A humorous movie for the most part, if you can overlook that almost every military scene is completely unrealistic and could never happen.

Most of the humor in the series derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their captain. View production, box office, & company info. Carol Winter), but not with her superiors. This series suffered from poor writing and Blah direction which probably explains why it has never shown up again since its demise.Lorna patterson is passable as Private benjamin but nothing special...And none of the gags in any of the episodes were ever above par.....The show was sweet natured enough...but thats really about itOh and what ever happened to Lorna anyway???

She's one of the best comic actors.

Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life.

Private Benjamin and the girls capture an AWOL soldier during their jungle survival course and return to the base as heroines. His keen sense of detail and detecting subtle clues, learned from ... See full summary », Yet another movie-turned-TV series that flopped was this comedy based on the 1987 Diane Keaton film of the same name. Filming & Production

| 

I found this movie very amusing years ago but interesting today.
Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

Comedy. The Korean War M*A*S*H unit veteran operates as Chief Surgeon in a major city hospital with his colleagues.

This was made back in the day when a comedy movie had to actually be funny. It should have been edited with bars on sides or otherwise reformatted to be displayed on modern TVs. Polly was intended as a short-term replacement character, but the show was cancelled after she appeared in just two episodes. Eileen Brennan, who reprised her role from the film, won an Emmy and Golden Globe Award for her work on the series.

As IMDb celebrates its 30th birthday, we have six shows to get you ready for those pivotal years of your life ... your 30s. Add the first question. |

Though she becomes popular with … It doesn't matter how many times I watch this film I never tire of it.

I think this is rated R or PG13 -- but does have mature sex scenes and content throughout the movie.

Though she becomes popular with her fellow recruits, her lack of discipline earns the wrath of her superiors.

I used to catch it whenever it came on one of the movie channels now I can watch it whenever I like, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. She made it through many tough challenges.

View production, box office, & company info. | Jim Ballard(Harry Dean Stanton)convinces her that military life to be glamorous, she gets a rude wake up call in boot camp after getting in trouble constantly, especially by Judy's hard-nosed superior officer Capt. What is your favorite movie featuring primarily military BASIC TRAINING? William Asher obituary, 17 July 2012 Sam McCloud is a Marshal from Taos, New Mexico, who takes a temporary assignment in the New York City Police Department. It was said that the program's marginal ratings, along with Eileen's extended hiatus due to her injuries, made it no longer viable to continue production on the series.

A sheltered young high society woman joins the United States Army on a whim and finds herself in a more difficult situation than she ever expected.

In the fall of 1982, Robert Mandan joined the cast as Colonel Lawrence Fielding, the pompous, well-meaning, but ineffectual, head of the camp.

| When I view a movie like this it is a reminder to me why I should be glad I did not get into the Navy as I tried to years before. Ross respectively) the title role is acted by Lorna Patterson instead of Goldie Hawn.

| Although some of the actors from the film play the same characters on the TV show, (notably Eileen Brennan and Hal Williams, in their roles of Captain Doreen Lewis and Sgt. The misadventures of an author turned innkeeper in rural Vermont and his friends. In late 1982, Eileen Brennan was struck by a car and Polly Holliday was brought in as Captain Amanda Allen, intended as a temporary replacement for Brennan's Captain Lewis character, but the show was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Most of the humor in the series derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their captain. Private Benjamin television series of the same name Private Benjamin'' (TV series) television the TV adaptation TV series Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on and set during the events of the movie of the same name that aired on … Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Was this review helpful to you?

Loved showing my daughter this great film from my younger years........ although not quite as funny as I remember !....definitely still worth it though !! Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life.

Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Your favorites, all in one place. She is strong, smart and capable. For an enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb app on your smartphone or tablet.

This Warner Bros. 1980 comedy flick is about a spoiled Jewish-American woman Judy Benjamin(Goldie Hawn)who joins the Army after her new husband dies right on their wedding night during sex and duped by sneaky recruiting Sgt. When you consider the issues she raises in this film, it's clear what a true feminist she was, is. Fortunately, he's worth every penny, as he and his associates defend his clients by finding the real killer.

Gabrielle Beaumont, William Asher, Marc Daniels. Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2020. | Doreen Lewis: Capt. L.C. Academy Award-winner Goldie Hawn stars in this story about a spoiled, aimless woman who impulsively joins the army and after a disastrous initiation finds direction and self-esteem.

But all in all, it's still better than most of the more recent movies out today posing as comedies. Rick Hunter is a renegade cop who bends the rules and takes justice into his own hands. The Guardian - TV News

Eileen Brennan, who reprised her role from the film, won an Emmy and Golden Globe Award for her work on the series.

Dr. Mark Sloan has a knack for getting into trouble, negotiating the twists and turns of mysteries and solving crimes with the help of his son, Steve, a homicide detective. Deadline TV What strikes me now, as a woman of a certain age, is how ahead of her time she was. This series suffered from poor writing and Blah direction which probably explains why it has never shown up again since its demise. When I put it on to play it just jumped and stopped and wouldn’t play at all. Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life. (1981–1983).

Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2016. The container was the most flimsy I have handled, but the DVD was not damaged. 2 of 8 people found this review helpful. Enjoy! She's popular among her fellow enlisted personnel (with the exception of Pvt. TV Series Partnered with the equally stunning and rebellious Sgt.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Episode #8.52. The scene where Judy was almost raped by a superior was not funny for sure. Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on the movie of the same name that aired on CBS from April 6, 1981, to January 10, 1983. Plus the transfer is incredibly grainy. Well done Amazon, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 12, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 29, 2019. Private Benjamin (TV Series 1981–1983) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

But Goldie Hawn manages to pull it off and make it entertaining. Poor image quality, image distorted by stretching, Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2019. Private Benjamin (1981–1983) The misadventures of a spoiled young woman who joins the army and her friends.

Most of the humor in the series is derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their sergeant. | McCall, the tough-minded duo set out to crack down on L.A.'s slimiest criminals.

What Is Your Favorite War or Military Comedy? Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2019, Love the story and was funny but why oh why do they add the filth to an otherwise great movie, Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2009. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on the movie of the same name that aired on CBS from April 6, 1981, to January 10, 1983.

The cases of maverick undercover New York City detective Tony Baretta (Robert Blake).

While the series was initially shot on film and featured many outdoor scenes, later episodes were more like a standard sitcom, shot on video on soundstages and complete with a laugh track.

I like seeing Women portrayed this way.

This film has been cropped like they do to movies when they show them on TV.

William Asher. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Her portrayal is brilliant. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 13, 2013.
Tommaso Movie Watch Online, Unisex Newborn Baby Clothes, The Killer Songs, Riders To The Sea Essay, Vasily Zaytsev, Hotel Key Lyrics, Specgx Llc Address, Coincidence Synonym, Elizabeth Baur Bio, Stephen Bailey Iracing, Park Plaza 605 Cast, Nigel Bruce Wife, Wish Dragon Watch Online, Deutsch English, If You Change Your Mind Abba, Mistral Fan Remote Control, Frailty Full Movie, Fame Is The Spur Synopsis, Leaving Afghanistan Movie Online, 2018 Nfl Mvp Voting Results, Power Belongs To God Psalm, Rock Dog 2 Splash Entertainment, They Only Kill Their Masters Wiki, Edith Still Game, Something Rotten Fforde, Unethical Whistleblowing Examples, Mlb Opening Day Coronavirus, Every Which Way But Loose Netflix, 2018 Nba Finals Stats, Things To Do In Sligo For Couples, 3 Patti Gold Customer Care Number, Patroclus Hades, Hitokiri Battousai Meaning, " />

So funny -- Mature Content, not for kids!!

30 min Jittery motion through whole movie as if this was a fake copy.

Season 1 (1981) Fearing Private Benjamin will make the troops look bad during General Thrustmore ( Charles Napier )'s visit, Captain Lewis tries unsuccessfully to keep her out of sight.

But I should have looked up the term "Full Screen Edition" before making this impulse purchase. J.C. was the picture of Yuppiedom, a stylish, single, Harvard-educated ... See full summary ».

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 4, 2020, had a laugh with this film, I watched it years ago and forgot how funny she was in This. What is your favorite movie featuring primarily military BASIC TRAINING?

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In other words, it's square on the screen and not wide like in the theater.

Polly Holliday was added to the cast after Eileen Brennan was seriously injured after being struck by a speeding car travelling at 50 miles an hour.

Reviewed in the United States on August 5, 2018. Use the HTML below.

One of my all time favorite movies.

Classic comedy, unfortunately not a great DVD.

The misadventures and trials of an aspiring singer and her co-workers at a greasy-spoon diner. Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, Soldier in Judy's Platoon Despite container saying "Standard Version - film modified to fit to your screen": it was stretched sideways from standard to widescreen (not reformatted) so every actor looked double-wide and spoiled the whole movie. A humorous movie for the most part, if you can overlook that almost every military scene is completely unrealistic and could never happen.

Most of the humor in the series derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their captain. View production, box office, & company info. Carol Winter), but not with her superiors. This series suffered from poor writing and Blah direction which probably explains why it has never shown up again since its demise.Lorna patterson is passable as Private benjamin but nothing special...And none of the gags in any of the episodes were ever above par.....The show was sweet natured enough...but thats really about itOh and what ever happened to Lorna anyway???

She's one of the best comic actors.

Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life.

Private Benjamin and the girls capture an AWOL soldier during their jungle survival course and return to the base as heroines. His keen sense of detail and detecting subtle clues, learned from ... See full summary », Yet another movie-turned-TV series that flopped was this comedy based on the 1987 Diane Keaton film of the same name. Filming & Production

| 

I found this movie very amusing years ago but interesting today.
Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

Comedy. The Korean War M*A*S*H unit veteran operates as Chief Surgeon in a major city hospital with his colleagues.

This was made back in the day when a comedy movie had to actually be funny. It should have been edited with bars on sides or otherwise reformatted to be displayed on modern TVs. Polly was intended as a short-term replacement character, but the show was cancelled after she appeared in just two episodes. Eileen Brennan, who reprised her role from the film, won an Emmy and Golden Globe Award for her work on the series.

As IMDb celebrates its 30th birthday, we have six shows to get you ready for those pivotal years of your life ... your 30s. Add the first question. |

Though she becomes popular with … It doesn't matter how many times I watch this film I never tire of it.

I think this is rated R or PG13 -- but does have mature sex scenes and content throughout the movie.

Though she becomes popular with her fellow recruits, her lack of discipline earns the wrath of her superiors.

I used to catch it whenever it came on one of the movie channels now I can watch it whenever I like, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. She made it through many tough challenges.

View production, box office, & company info. | Jim Ballard(Harry Dean Stanton)convinces her that military life to be glamorous, she gets a rude wake up call in boot camp after getting in trouble constantly, especially by Judy's hard-nosed superior officer Capt. What is your favorite movie featuring primarily military BASIC TRAINING? William Asher obituary, 17 July 2012 Sam McCloud is a Marshal from Taos, New Mexico, who takes a temporary assignment in the New York City Police Department. It was said that the program's marginal ratings, along with Eileen's extended hiatus due to her injuries, made it no longer viable to continue production on the series.

A sheltered young high society woman joins the United States Army on a whim and finds herself in a more difficult situation than she ever expected.

In the fall of 1982, Robert Mandan joined the cast as Colonel Lawrence Fielding, the pompous, well-meaning, but ineffectual, head of the camp.

| When I view a movie like this it is a reminder to me why I should be glad I did not get into the Navy as I tried to years before. Ross respectively) the title role is acted by Lorna Patterson instead of Goldie Hawn.

| Although some of the actors from the film play the same characters on the TV show, (notably Eileen Brennan and Hal Williams, in their roles of Captain Doreen Lewis and Sgt. The misadventures of an author turned innkeeper in rural Vermont and his friends. In late 1982, Eileen Brennan was struck by a car and Polly Holliday was brought in as Captain Amanda Allen, intended as a temporary replacement for Brennan's Captain Lewis character, but the show was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Most of the humor in the series derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their captain. Private Benjamin television series of the same name Private Benjamin'' (TV series) television the TV adaptation TV series Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on and set during the events of the movie of the same name that aired on … Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Was this review helpful to you?

Loved showing my daughter this great film from my younger years........ although not quite as funny as I remember !....definitely still worth it though !! Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life.

Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Your favorites, all in one place. She is strong, smart and capable. For an enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb app on your smartphone or tablet.

This Warner Bros. 1980 comedy flick is about a spoiled Jewish-American woman Judy Benjamin(Goldie Hawn)who joins the Army after her new husband dies right on their wedding night during sex and duped by sneaky recruiting Sgt. When you consider the issues she raises in this film, it's clear what a true feminist she was, is. Fortunately, he's worth every penny, as he and his associates defend his clients by finding the real killer.

Gabrielle Beaumont, William Asher, Marc Daniels. Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2020. | Doreen Lewis: Capt. L.C. Academy Award-winner Goldie Hawn stars in this story about a spoiled, aimless woman who impulsively joins the army and after a disastrous initiation finds direction and self-esteem.

But all in all, it's still better than most of the more recent movies out today posing as comedies. Rick Hunter is a renegade cop who bends the rules and takes justice into his own hands. The Guardian - TV News

Eileen Brennan, who reprised her role from the film, won an Emmy and Golden Globe Award for her work on the series.

Dr. Mark Sloan has a knack for getting into trouble, negotiating the twists and turns of mysteries and solving crimes with the help of his son, Steve, a homicide detective. Deadline TV What strikes me now, as a woman of a certain age, is how ahead of her time she was. This series suffered from poor writing and Blah direction which probably explains why it has never shown up again since its demise. When I put it on to play it just jumped and stopped and wouldn’t play at all. Based loosely on the 1980 film of the same name, this series follows Private Judy Benjamin, a spoiled socialite, as she struggles through army life. (1981–1983).

Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2016. The container was the most flimsy I have handled, but the DVD was not damaged. 2 of 8 people found this review helpful. Enjoy! She's popular among her fellow enlisted personnel (with the exception of Pvt. TV Series Partnered with the equally stunning and rebellious Sgt.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Episode #8.52. The scene where Judy was almost raped by a superior was not funny for sure. Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on the movie of the same name that aired on CBS from April 6, 1981, to January 10, 1983. Plus the transfer is incredibly grainy. Well done Amazon, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 12, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 29, 2019. Private Benjamin (TV Series 1981–1983) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

But Goldie Hawn manages to pull it off and make it entertaining. Poor image quality, image distorted by stretching, Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2019. Private Benjamin (1981–1983) The misadventures of a spoiled young woman who joins the army and her friends.

Most of the humor in the series is derived from Benjamin and her friends' attempts to evade the watchful eye of their sergeant. | McCall, the tough-minded duo set out to crack down on L.A.'s slimiest criminals.

What Is Your Favorite War or Military Comedy? Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2019, Love the story and was funny but why oh why do they add the filth to an otherwise great movie, Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2009. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. Private Benjamin is an American sitcom based on the movie of the same name that aired on CBS from April 6, 1981, to January 10, 1983.

The cases of maverick undercover New York City detective Tony Baretta (Robert Blake).

While the series was initially shot on film and featured many outdoor scenes, later episodes were more like a standard sitcom, shot on video on soundstages and complete with a laugh track.

I like seeing Women portrayed this way.

This film has been cropped like they do to movies when they show them on TV.

William Asher. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Her portrayal is brilliant. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 13, 2013.

Tommaso Movie Watch Online, Unisex Newborn Baby Clothes, The Killer Songs, Riders To The Sea Essay, Vasily Zaytsev, Hotel Key Lyrics, Specgx Llc Address, Coincidence Synonym, Elizabeth Baur Bio, Stephen Bailey Iracing, Park Plaza 605 Cast, Nigel Bruce Wife, Wish Dragon Watch Online, Deutsch English, If You Change Your Mind Abba, Mistral Fan Remote Control, Frailty Full Movie, Fame Is The Spur Synopsis, Leaving Afghanistan Movie Online, 2018 Nfl Mvp Voting Results, Power Belongs To God Psalm, Rock Dog 2 Splash Entertainment, They Only Kill Their Masters Wiki, Edith Still Game, Something Rotten Fforde, Unethical Whistleblowing Examples, Mlb Opening Day Coronavirus, Every Which Way But Loose Netflix, 2018 Nba Finals Stats, Things To Do In Sligo For Couples, 3 Patti Gold Customer Care Number, Patroclus Hades, Hitokiri Battousai Meaning,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.