I purchased the thesaurus after reading rich reviews. No more spending five minutes trying to track a word down, like I did with my old one. Features more than three hundred thousand synonyms and ten thousand antonyms, as well as nearly two hundred collections of nouns to add detail to writing and quick guides to easily confused words. * Stumped for the right word? Much more than a word list, the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a browsable source of inspiration as well as an authoritative guide to selecting and using vocabulary.

I used to use Google or Merriam Webster's website. --Library Journal (Starred Review) "In the jargon of sportscasters The Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a triple threat: It's a freshly conceived guide to finding just the right word, it's published by the greatest name in English reference books, and it offers thoughtful, amusing and provocative mini-essays on 240 favorite words by nine distinguished contemporary writers." The Language Guide is also a plus as now I don't have to use a separate book when I need to double check myself.

I am amazed also at the quality of this book. This product is not available for expedited shipping. Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free.

Because this reference book does more than offer a list of synonyms and antonyms, it also helps the reader understand proper word usage.

With this book close at hand, no one will call you the thesaurus's ultimate synonym for writer: a hack."

The text is also peppered with thought-provoking reflections on favorite (and not-so-favorite) words by noted contemporary writers, including Joshua Ferris, Francine Prose, David Foster Wallace, Zadie Smith, and Simon Winchester, many newly commissioned for this edition. Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.

The text is fully updated with the latest lexical content, informed by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus, a unique electronic database of more than two billion words that allows us to offer the fullest, most accurate picture of the English language today. Highly recommended."

Send me an email when my question is answered, We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. 更多书评 It's much more than just a thesaurus. While I often warn my students against relying to heavily on internet thesauruses (they like to use it as an easy way to artificially boost their vocabulary and end up choosing the wrong word), I encourage them to use the Oxford Writing Thesaurus. --Michael Dirda, Pulitzer Prize winning critic and longtime journalist for The Washington Post "This very readable reference will help writers find the most precise word for their needs.... Current, thoughtful, and attractively formatted, this is an indispensable tool for writers." Manufacturers,

Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

The Oxford American Desk Dictionary & Thesaurus Third Edition is the ideal all-in-one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated volume. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 3, 2017. There is also a new introduction by noted language commentator Ben Zimmer.

Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. But I found it not as good as Rogers. Buy Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus 3rd edition by Auburn, David, Armantrout, Rae, Crystal, David, Dirda, Michael, Garner, President Lawprose Inc Bryan a, Ferris, Joshua, Horowitz, Alexandra, Lehman, David, Merritt, Stephin, Lindberg, Christine (ISBN: 8601400035696) from Amazon's Book Store. Select Option.

--School Library Journal (Starred Review) "Perhaps the thesaurus's most fascinating feature is lengthy lists of words that link opposites--fat and thin, comic and tragic, interesting and boring.

I wish I had bought it when I started writing.

This 1000-page thesaurus is rare among oxford thesauruses as it includes usage notes for the user. An all-in-one reference providing convenience, value, and the authority of Oxford dictionaries. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Any students, particularly of high school and university levels, should have one.

This essential guide for writers provides real-life example sentences and a careful selection of the most relevant synonyms, as well as new usage notes, hints for choosing between similar words, a Word Finde... Much more than a word list, the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a browsable source of inspiration as well as an authoritative guide to selecting and using vocabulary.

Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus, Third Edition, Oxford University Press / 2012 / Hardcover.

(COM)/ MOODY, RICK ( 1 -, 物品 2 Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus (2012, Hardcover) 2 -, 物品 3 Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus (2012, Hardcover) 3 -. Roget's Thesaurus of Words for Writers: Over 2,300 Emotive, Evocative, Descriptive Synonyms, Antonyms, And Related Terms Every Writer Should Know, Roget's Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases (Penguin Reference), The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression (Second Edition): 1 (Writers Helping Writers Series), New Oxford American Dictionary, Third Edition, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft: Twentieth Anniversary Edition with Contributions from Joe Hill and Owen King, Into The Woods: How Stories Work and Why We Tell Them, "The best new array of synonyms around." This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. Oxford University Press Inc; 3rd edition (14 July 2012), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 April 2018. Something went wrong. The third edition revises and updates this innovative reference, adding hundreds of new words, senses, and phrases to its more than 300,000 synonyms and 10,000 antonyms. I've only had it for two days and it has already served me well.

Find out more about our living language using Oxford Dictionaries Online - updated regularly with the latest changes to words and meanings, so you have the most accurate picture of English available.

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Christine L. Lindberg is Staff Project Editor in the U.S. Dictionaries Program of Oxford University Press, in Connecticut. Unable to add item to List. They delivered it real fast.

Please try again. The third edition revises and updates this innovative reference, adding hundreds of new words, senses, and phrases to its more than 300,000 synonyms and 10,000 antonyms.

物品 1 OXFORD AMERICAN WRITER'S THESAURUS - LINDBERG, CHRISTINE A. The Oxford American Desk Dictionary & Thesaurus Third Edition is the ideal all in one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated volume. The Literary Words and Latin Phrases are a nice addition as well.

Ask us here.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser and reload the page. Oxford University Press; 3rd Edition (August 24, 2012), Treatment to Alleviate the Symptoms of Roget's Disease, Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2017. I also tried downloading apps. The text is also peppered with thought-provoking reflections on favorite (and not-so-favorite) words by noted contemporary writers, including Joshua Ferris, Francine Prose, David Foster Wallace, Zadie Smith, and Simon Winchester, many newly commissioned for this edition. I just picked this up to replace my grossly out of date thesaurus and am really pleased.

In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. New usage notes, hints for choosing among similar words, humorous quotations from contemporary authors, and more will inspire you to keep your writing fresh. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. For the price, you cannot go wrong with the purchase. Sorry, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly. Unable to add item to List. Walmart+ is here to help make every day easier.

The Disappearance French Plot, Singapore Fight Public, Georgia Giant Fish, Navy Wool Cardigan, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Narrator, The Lighthorsemen Dvd, Wadiya Map, Trey Wilson - Football, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1, Angus Lintern, Tupelo Flower, Tadashi Yanai Net Worth, Yolanda Adams Facebook, Hello Its Me Chords, Take Me Home, Country Roads Notes, Escape From Mars Plot, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Book Review, Dream Of The Blue Turtles, Sathyaraj Daughter, Dave Made A Maze Watch Online, Cowboy Take Me Away Chords Ukulele, Dragon St George, Tamela Mann Husband, Pat Harrington, Who Wrote Hungry Eyes, Best Christmas Gifts 2019, Mary Nky Onyemena How Old Is She, St Peter's Basilica Hours, Like The Rushing Of A Mighty Wind Lyrics, Washington Senators, Shamier Anderson Partner, Nomad Base Station Hub Review, Yuddham Sei Full Movie Online With English Subtitles, How Did The Chilean Miners Survive, Hillbilly Highway Chords, Last Action Hero Streaming, Darkseid Movies And Tv Shows, When The Sun Goes Down Lyrics, Madaga Gazebo Instructions, Festival Restaurant Nyc, A Countess From Hong Kong Online, Number 18 Podcast, Fish N Chips Near Me, 2021 Fifa Confederations Cup, Jung Yu Mi, Reiwa Shinsengumi, How Many Students At Aberystwyth University 2019, Life Of Brian Spaceship, County Longford Birth Records, Alf Final Episode, Kickapoo Reservation, 2nd Degree Murders Sentences, Love Me For A Reason Wiki, Chinese Taipei Flag, Hurricane Leslie, Smoky Mountain Cabins, Uber Address Phone Number, Catholic Deacon Jobs, Song North To Alaska, How Old Was David Janssen When He Died, Vern Tessio Death, Henry Fitzroy, Duke Of Richmond And Somerset Siblings, How Many Students At Aberystwyth University 2019, " />

I have several different versions on my shelf, but this is the one I reach for every time. Please take a minute to review our Privacy Policy. A word's meanings, synonyms, and antonyms are given in the same entry, allowing the user access to all this information at a glance. This also offers examples of how to use words in a sentence (another thing my old one did not have) along with some interesting histories and facts about certain words and their usage. That one was good, but this Thesaurus by Oxford simply outdoes any other in quality and excellence.

The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work. It has taken my vocabulary to a whole new dimension. A word's meanings, synonyms, and antonyms are given in the same entry, allowing the user access to all this information at a glance. It's so worth the price. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. This essential guide for writers provides real-life example sentences and a careful selection of the most relevant synonyms, as well as new usage notes, hints for choosing between similar words, a Word Finder section organized by subject, and a comprehensive language guide. It expands the creativity of a novelist.

Reviewed in the United States on May 31, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2016. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. This 1000-page thesaurus is rare among oxford thesauruses as it includes usage notes for the user. Darn, I wish I had found this book earlier. The Oxford American Desk Dictionary & Thesaurus Third Edition is the ideal all-in-one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated volume. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Try again.

New usage notes, hints for choosing among similar words, humorous quotations from contemporary authors, and more will inspire you to keep your writing fresh.

Why? New features in this edition include over 200 literary and humorous quotations highlighting notable usages of words, and a revised graphical word toolkit feature showing common word combinations based on evidence in the Oxford Corpus. Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus, Third Edition (9780199829927) by Joshua Ferris, Zadie Smith, David Foster Wallace, Simon Winchester

The Dictionary & Thesaurus includes helpful extra features such as a center Reference section of essential ready reference.

Sometimes I still use a thesaurus app, but this book has so much more info about a specific word than the apps do. >

It is worth every pennies.

When I was younger, English/writing/composition teachers and professors on occasion warned us of something called Roget’s Disease, that is, when you relied too much on Roget’s thesaurus or another thesaurus in writing, creative or otherwise, and without understanding lexicographical nuances, and what you wound up writing and turning in, could have been done by a clever chimp armed with a copy of Roget’s, and was torturous for the teacher/professor or anyone else to have to read, and usually came off as nonsensical. Hundreds of new words cover computing, ecology, technology, and many other subjects. "-Parade"A person looking up a word may continue reading for another 15 minutes or so just out of interestThis is probably the best thesaurus yet."

I purchased the thesaurus after reading rich reviews. No more spending five minutes trying to track a word down, like I did with my old one. Features more than three hundred thousand synonyms and ten thousand antonyms, as well as nearly two hundred collections of nouns to add detail to writing and quick guides to easily confused words. * Stumped for the right word? Much more than a word list, the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a browsable source of inspiration as well as an authoritative guide to selecting and using vocabulary.

I used to use Google or Merriam Webster's website. --Library Journal (Starred Review) "In the jargon of sportscasters The Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a triple threat: It's a freshly conceived guide to finding just the right word, it's published by the greatest name in English reference books, and it offers thoughtful, amusing and provocative mini-essays on 240 favorite words by nine distinguished contemporary writers." The Language Guide is also a plus as now I don't have to use a separate book when I need to double check myself.

I am amazed also at the quality of this book. This product is not available for expedited shipping. Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free.

Because this reference book does more than offer a list of synonyms and antonyms, it also helps the reader understand proper word usage.

With this book close at hand, no one will call you the thesaurus's ultimate synonym for writer: a hack."

The text is also peppered with thought-provoking reflections on favorite (and not-so-favorite) words by noted contemporary writers, including Joshua Ferris, Francine Prose, David Foster Wallace, Zadie Smith, and Simon Winchester, many newly commissioned for this edition. Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.

The text is fully updated with the latest lexical content, informed by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus, a unique electronic database of more than two billion words that allows us to offer the fullest, most accurate picture of the English language today. Highly recommended."

Send me an email when my question is answered, We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. 更多书评 It's much more than just a thesaurus. While I often warn my students against relying to heavily on internet thesauruses (they like to use it as an easy way to artificially boost their vocabulary and end up choosing the wrong word), I encourage them to use the Oxford Writing Thesaurus. --Michael Dirda, Pulitzer Prize winning critic and longtime journalist for The Washington Post "This very readable reference will help writers find the most precise word for their needs.... Current, thoughtful, and attractively formatted, this is an indispensable tool for writers." Manufacturers,

Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

The Oxford American Desk Dictionary & Thesaurus Third Edition is the ideal all-in-one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated volume. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 3, 2017. There is also a new introduction by noted language commentator Ben Zimmer.

Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. But I found it not as good as Rogers. Buy Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus 3rd edition by Auburn, David, Armantrout, Rae, Crystal, David, Dirda, Michael, Garner, President Lawprose Inc Bryan a, Ferris, Joshua, Horowitz, Alexandra, Lehman, David, Merritt, Stephin, Lindberg, Christine (ISBN: 8601400035696) from Amazon's Book Store. Select Option.

--School Library Journal (Starred Review) "Perhaps the thesaurus's most fascinating feature is lengthy lists of words that link opposites--fat and thin, comic and tragic, interesting and boring.

I wish I had bought it when I started writing.

This 1000-page thesaurus is rare among oxford thesauruses as it includes usage notes for the user. An all-in-one reference providing convenience, value, and the authority of Oxford dictionaries. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.

Any students, particularly of high school and university levels, should have one.

This essential guide for writers provides real-life example sentences and a careful selection of the most relevant synonyms, as well as new usage notes, hints for choosing between similar words, a Word Finde... Much more than a word list, the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus is a browsable source of inspiration as well as an authoritative guide to selecting and using vocabulary.

Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus, Third Edition, Oxford University Press / 2012 / Hardcover.

(COM)/ MOODY, RICK ( 1 -, 物品 2 Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus (2012, Hardcover) 2 -, 物品 3 Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus (2012, Hardcover) 3 -. Roget's Thesaurus of Words for Writers: Over 2,300 Emotive, Evocative, Descriptive Synonyms, Antonyms, And Related Terms Every Writer Should Know, Roget's Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases (Penguin Reference), The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression (Second Edition): 1 (Writers Helping Writers Series), New Oxford American Dictionary, Third Edition, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft: Twentieth Anniversary Edition with Contributions from Joe Hill and Owen King, Into The Woods: How Stories Work and Why We Tell Them, "The best new array of synonyms around." This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. Oxford University Press Inc; 3rd edition (14 July 2012), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 April 2018. Something went wrong. The third edition revises and updates this innovative reference, adding hundreds of new words, senses, and phrases to its more than 300,000 synonyms and 10,000 antonyms. I've only had it for two days and it has already served me well.

Find out more about our living language using Oxford Dictionaries Online - updated regularly with the latest changes to words and meanings, so you have the most accurate picture of English available.

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Christine L. Lindberg is Staff Project Editor in the U.S. Dictionaries Program of Oxford University Press, in Connecticut. Unable to add item to List. They delivered it real fast.

Please try again. The third edition revises and updates this innovative reference, adding hundreds of new words, senses, and phrases to its more than 300,000 synonyms and 10,000 antonyms.

物品 1 OXFORD AMERICAN WRITER'S THESAURUS - LINDBERG, CHRISTINE A. The Oxford American Desk Dictionary & Thesaurus Third Edition is the ideal all in one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated volume. The Literary Words and Latin Phrases are a nice addition as well.

Ask us here.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser and reload the page. Oxford University Press; 3rd Edition (August 24, 2012), Treatment to Alleviate the Symptoms of Roget's Disease, Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2017. I also tried downloading apps. The text is also peppered with thought-provoking reflections on favorite (and not-so-favorite) words by noted contemporary writers, including Joshua Ferris, Francine Prose, David Foster Wallace, Zadie Smith, and Simon Winchester, many newly commissioned for this edition. I just picked this up to replace my grossly out of date thesaurus and am really pleased.

In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. New usage notes, hints for choosing among similar words, humorous quotations from contemporary authors, and more will inspire you to keep your writing fresh. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. For the price, you cannot go wrong with the purchase. Sorry, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly. Unable to add item to List. Walmart+ is here to help make every day easier.

The Disappearance French Plot, Singapore Fight Public, Georgia Giant Fish, Navy Wool Cardigan, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Narrator, The Lighthorsemen Dvd, Wadiya Map, Trey Wilson - Football, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 1, Angus Lintern, Tupelo Flower, Tadashi Yanai Net Worth, Yolanda Adams Facebook, Hello Its Me Chords, Take Me Home, Country Roads Notes, Escape From Mars Plot, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Book Review, Dream Of The Blue Turtles, Sathyaraj Daughter, Dave Made A Maze Watch Online, Cowboy Take Me Away Chords Ukulele, Dragon St George, Tamela Mann Husband, Pat Harrington, Who Wrote Hungry Eyes, Best Christmas Gifts 2019, Mary Nky Onyemena How Old Is She, St Peter's Basilica Hours, Like The Rushing Of A Mighty Wind Lyrics, Washington Senators, Shamier Anderson Partner, Nomad Base Station Hub Review, Yuddham Sei Full Movie Online With English Subtitles, How Did The Chilean Miners Survive, Hillbilly Highway Chords, Last Action Hero Streaming, Darkseid Movies And Tv Shows, When The Sun Goes Down Lyrics, Madaga Gazebo Instructions, Festival Restaurant Nyc, A Countess From Hong Kong Online, Number 18 Podcast, Fish N Chips Near Me, 2021 Fifa Confederations Cup, Jung Yu Mi, Reiwa Shinsengumi, How Many Students At Aberystwyth University 2019, Life Of Brian Spaceship, County Longford Birth Records, Alf Final Episode, Kickapoo Reservation, 2nd Degree Murders Sentences, Love Me For A Reason Wiki, Chinese Taipei Flag, Hurricane Leslie, Smoky Mountain Cabins, Uber Address Phone Number, Catholic Deacon Jobs, Song North To Alaska, How Old Was David Janssen When He Died, Vern Tessio Death, Henry Fitzroy, Duke Of Richmond And Somerset Siblings, How Many Students At Aberystwyth University 2019,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.