Actually, I think I've changed my mind.

Listed below are the 20 most commonly used baby names begining with S. These girls names are ordered by their overall popularity of recently named babies in the United states. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Susan. Zsuzsa, ", Our Baby Namer - Origin and Meaning of Baby Names, Books, Gifts.

How popular is Suzanne? Suzette We had a daughter - Susan Quinn - two days ago. I'm sick of the ageism. "If Heaven exists, to know that there's laughter, that would be a great thing. (Portuguese) Susanita

Susan's average ranking is 370.57, with it's highest ever rank being #.

View Sitemap. Want Your Daughter to be Rich and Successful. Relative to what it once was, Susan is very rarely used as a given name. Zsuzsi, Zuzana If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Susan, try our name generator. The name Susan is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "lily". Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I'd like to meet a few baby Susans. Suesan, This once, top 1000 name, Susan is currently less popular. Other times it feels dated, not many women under 40 or 50 have it. The name Susan is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "lily".

1962) and I was named after my great-grandmother who was born in 1885 and lived to 1984.

As I was born in 1952 and my grandmother came from “Hardy Country”, (Dorset) maybe she liked it, and suggested it to my mum! Susan has been used in the United States ever since 1880, with over 1124871 girls given the name in the past 200 years. I am sure that I will go back and forth on that, but I do feel that Susan is ready for a revival.

Decidely upward trends in the number of babies given the name Susan occurred roughly during the years 1928-1954, whereas 1958-1995, 2006-2009, and 2015-2017 were years of successive downward movement. All the "unique" spelling variations are really irking me. Siouxsie, These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Susan.

I always used to prefer Susanna, Suzanne, etc, but lately, am almost loving Susan more.

I'm 54 (b. (Czech)

Susan's many nicknames include Sue, Susie, Suzy, Sukie, and Zuzu—many of which have been celebrated in song.

Suanny, Position 52, its highest popularity RANKING, was reached in 1946.

Susann All data changes at that time, including previous years, which will change minutely based on new information.

Suse The most the names popularity ever grew to was 1.205%, in this year alone more than 47000 girls were named Susan. However, the name was bestowed upon the greatest number of babies in 1955 with 47,402 occurrences. In the United States there have been a total of 2539 males named Susan, and 1122332 females given the name, This chart shows the maximum percentage of babys named Susan in each state. Sioux,

Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Susan has reach the top 10 most popular girls name 6 times, and has reached the top hundred names 70 times. I have to add, I'm a Susan and I love my name. Sosanna, Its highest popularity RANKING of #2 was reached for the first time in 1957 and as recently as 1960. Questions or Comments?

I don't see anything wrong with using it though it may be out of general use just long enough. The Jennifer of it's day it could feel overusedWill it make a comeback is the question. Data for a given year is not made available until well into the next year. Syuzanna Sueva, Susanne, You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Susan on Nameberry.

Susan seems like the Jennifer of its day.I have family members with the name Susan( but no Jennifer's!). Shu Shu,

This is a lovely name which I can picture on a girl or woman of any age. (Latvian) I would love to see some girls being named Susan these days."

Let the revival begin!! Also listed is their their rank compared to other 'S' names, their over all rank among all girl names, the total number of baby girls expected to be given this name in 2020, and the total percentage of girls given this name. I like Susan too, but I think it sounds too tired and middle-aged these days. Susan is a feminine given name, from Persian "lily flower", from Egyptian sšn and Coptic shoshen meaning "lotus flower", from Hebrew Shoshana meaning "lily" (in modern Hebrew this also means "rose" and a flower in general), from Greek Sousanna, from Latin Susanna, from Old French Susanne. Contact us. © 2020 Nameberry.com. Susan is a bit worn out for me. After giving it some thought, I think Susan is supercute and would be refreshing on a little girl! Sosana, Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC.

As I started working in the professional world it occurred to me that everyone I met who was named Susan was at least 15 to 20 years older than I was. Please note, we update the data each May when the SSA releases new figures. In 2018 the rare name Suzanne, ranked the 3,027th Most Popular Girls Name in the United States. Susan gained the most popularity as a baby name in 1946, when it's usage went up by … I've always known I wanted to use it as a middle name for my daughter. :).

Susan is predominantly a girls name, with 99.77% of Susans being girls, and 0.23% being boys. I have two cousins named Susan . Susan has a substantial literary resume, including appearances in George Eliot's Mill on the Floss, Anthony Trollope's Barchester Towers, Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge and Jude the Obscure, and Charlotte Bronte's Shirley. I also love how it means "lily.".

Therefore in the case of names with fewer occurrences, names with the same number of occurrences may have vastly different rankings because they will be interranked alphabetically. *Mouse over the charts or scroll down to the table for data details. I have never met a young girl with this as a first name, and I also think it's time for a revival. Soosan, Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. She hates it, but I really like it!

I can tolerate Susanna slightly better but I still think it's really dated. This is my mother's name.

(Slavic) Susana

This once, top 1000 name, Suzanne is currently less popular. (Hungarian)

Zsazsa, Through these years over 66358 unique total names have been given to girls living in the United States so far. Between 1880 and 2019 there were 1,251,690 births of Susan in the countries below, which represents an average of 9,005 births of children bearing the first name Susan per year on average throughout this period. Susan is one of my favorite names!

This once, top 1000 name, Susan is currently less popular. Would you like to follow Susan? During this year, 28268 babies were named Susan, which was 0.9038% of the baby girls born in the USA that year. The more babies that are given a particular name, the higher the popularity ranking. © 2020 Everything Birthday. To safeguard privacy, the SSA does not include names with less than 5 occurrences. We'll all have to wait another decade or two before it starts to sound fresh again. Siusan, (Swedish). I like Susie, either way. Suzanne, Susan – fell from 397th most popular name to 1882nd Julie – fell from 436th most popular name to 1272nd Donna – fell from 441st most popular name to 3514th

Black-eyed susan freshness is a very good way of putting it! Soosanna,

It's okay but I much prefer Susannah. Zuzanna

I've met a little girl called Susan and to be honest I was very surprised.

Hell Drivers Dodge Trucks, Singapore Fight Public, Mr X Vfx Wikipedia, Ulysses Windows, Fishin In The Dark Chords, The Ghost Of Peter Sellers Dvd, Regression And Correlation, Monmouthshire House Prices, Donald Lawrence Songs, Hodes Weill Allocations Monitor, The Dictator Aladeen Song Lyrics Arabic, Rio Rita Austin, Kid Buu Clone, Phantasm Wiki, The Chimney Sweeper Sparknotes, Nationals League, Divian Ladwa Age, Iris The Movie 2010 English Subtitle, 90s Vintage T-shirts, Sound Of The Mountain Naruse, Jay Meaning In Tamil, Nba Championship Rings For Sale, Flying Without Wings Westlife Lyrics, The Beekeeper's Apprentice Series Order, Livingston Alves Mcconaughey, Talladega Nights Baby Jesus Gif, Astros Players Punishment, Andrew Bird Whistling, Who Won The Baseball World Series In 1929, Dim Sum Funeral Ending, Artpop Act 2, Isabelle Carré Du Côté Des Indiens, Rizvi Group Owner, Phantom Of The Opera Erik Character Analysis, Lady Snowblood Kill Bill, Stop On A Dime Basketball, Dragon Ball Yo Son Goku And His Friends Return Canon, Dragonheart: Battle For The Heartfire Review, Baby Toby Labyrinth Outfit, " />

What does the future hold for the popularity of Susan? Susie is also an adorable nickname — perfect for a December baby!

I don’t particularly like either name, but I have recently discovered that Susan was a very popular name with the Victorian writer Thomas Hardy. "Too tired and middle-aged"?????

Actually, I think I've changed my mind.

Listed below are the 20 most commonly used baby names begining with S. These girls names are ordered by their overall popularity of recently named babies in the United states. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Susan. Zsuzsa, ", Our Baby Namer - Origin and Meaning of Baby Names, Books, Gifts.

How popular is Suzanne? Suzette We had a daughter - Susan Quinn - two days ago. I'm sick of the ageism. "If Heaven exists, to know that there's laughter, that would be a great thing. (Portuguese) Susanita

Susan's average ranking is 370.57, with it's highest ever rank being #.

View Sitemap. Want Your Daughter to be Rich and Successful. Relative to what it once was, Susan is very rarely used as a given name. Zsuzsi, Zuzana If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Susan, try our name generator. The name Susan is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "lily". Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. I'd like to meet a few baby Susans. Suesan, This once, top 1000 name, Susan is currently less popular. Other times it feels dated, not many women under 40 or 50 have it. The name Susan is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "lily".

1962) and I was named after my great-grandmother who was born in 1885 and lived to 1984.

As I was born in 1952 and my grandmother came from “Hardy Country”, (Dorset) maybe she liked it, and suggested it to my mum! Susan has been used in the United States ever since 1880, with over 1124871 girls given the name in the past 200 years. I am sure that I will go back and forth on that, but I do feel that Susan is ready for a revival.

Decidely upward trends in the number of babies given the name Susan occurred roughly during the years 1928-1954, whereas 1958-1995, 2006-2009, and 2015-2017 were years of successive downward movement. All the "unique" spelling variations are really irking me. Siouxsie, These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Susan.

I always used to prefer Susanna, Suzanne, etc, but lately, am almost loving Susan more.

I'm 54 (b. (Czech)

Susan's many nicknames include Sue, Susie, Suzy, Sukie, and Zuzu—many of which have been celebrated in song.

Suanny, Position 52, its highest popularity RANKING, was reached in 1946.

Susann All data changes at that time, including previous years, which will change minutely based on new information.

Suse The most the names popularity ever grew to was 1.205%, in this year alone more than 47000 girls were named Susan. However, the name was bestowed upon the greatest number of babies in 1955 with 47,402 occurrences. In the United States there have been a total of 2539 males named Susan, and 1122332 females given the name, This chart shows the maximum percentage of babys named Susan in each state. Sioux,

Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Susan has reach the top 10 most popular girls name 6 times, and has reached the top hundred names 70 times. I have to add, I'm a Susan and I love my name. Sosanna, Its highest popularity RANKING of #2 was reached for the first time in 1957 and as recently as 1960. Questions or Comments?

I don't see anything wrong with using it though it may be out of general use just long enough. The Jennifer of it's day it could feel overusedWill it make a comeback is the question. Data for a given year is not made available until well into the next year. Syuzanna Sueva, Susanne, You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Susan on Nameberry.

Susan seems like the Jennifer of its day.I have family members with the name Susan( but no Jennifer's!). Shu Shu,

This is a lovely name which I can picture on a girl or woman of any age. (Latvian) I would love to see some girls being named Susan these days."

Let the revival begin!! Also listed is their their rank compared to other 'S' names, their over all rank among all girl names, the total number of baby girls expected to be given this name in 2020, and the total percentage of girls given this name. I like Susan too, but I think it sounds too tired and middle-aged these days. Susan is a feminine given name, from Persian "lily flower", from Egyptian sšn and Coptic shoshen meaning "lotus flower", from Hebrew Shoshana meaning "lily" (in modern Hebrew this also means "rose" and a flower in general), from Greek Sousanna, from Latin Susanna, from Old French Susanne. Contact us. © 2020 Nameberry.com. Susan is a bit worn out for me. After giving it some thought, I think Susan is supercute and would be refreshing on a little girl! Sosana, Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC.

As I started working in the professional world it occurred to me that everyone I met who was named Susan was at least 15 to 20 years older than I was. Please note, we update the data each May when the SSA releases new figures. In 2018 the rare name Suzanne, ranked the 3,027th Most Popular Girls Name in the United States. Susan gained the most popularity as a baby name in 1946, when it's usage went up by … I've always known I wanted to use it as a middle name for my daughter. :).

Susan is predominantly a girls name, with 99.77% of Susans being girls, and 0.23% being boys. I have two cousins named Susan . Susan has a substantial literary resume, including appearances in George Eliot's Mill on the Floss, Anthony Trollope's Barchester Towers, Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge and Jude the Obscure, and Charlotte Bronte's Shirley. I also love how it means "lily.".

Therefore in the case of names with fewer occurrences, names with the same number of occurrences may have vastly different rankings because they will be interranked alphabetically. *Mouse over the charts or scroll down to the table for data details. I have never met a young girl with this as a first name, and I also think it's time for a revival. Soosan, Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. She hates it, but I really like it!

I can tolerate Susanna slightly better but I still think it's really dated. This is my mother's name.

(Slavic) Susana

This once, top 1000 name, Suzanne is currently less popular. (Hungarian)

Zsazsa, Through these years over 66358 unique total names have been given to girls living in the United States so far. Between 1880 and 2019 there were 1,251,690 births of Susan in the countries below, which represents an average of 9,005 births of children bearing the first name Susan per year on average throughout this period. Susan is one of my favorite names!

This once, top 1000 name, Susan is currently less popular. Would you like to follow Susan? During this year, 28268 babies were named Susan, which was 0.9038% of the baby girls born in the USA that year. The more babies that are given a particular name, the higher the popularity ranking. © 2020 Everything Birthday. To safeguard privacy, the SSA does not include names with less than 5 occurrences. We'll all have to wait another decade or two before it starts to sound fresh again. Siusan, (Swedish). I like Susie, either way. Suzanne, Susan – fell from 397th most popular name to 1882nd Julie – fell from 436th most popular name to 1272nd Donna – fell from 441st most popular name to 3514th

Black-eyed susan freshness is a very good way of putting it! Soosanna,

It's okay but I much prefer Susannah. Zuzanna

I've met a little girl called Susan and to be honest I was very surprised.

Hell Drivers Dodge Trucks, Singapore Fight Public, Mr X Vfx Wikipedia, Ulysses Windows, Fishin In The Dark Chords, The Ghost Of Peter Sellers Dvd, Regression And Correlation, Monmouthshire House Prices, Donald Lawrence Songs, Hodes Weill Allocations Monitor, The Dictator Aladeen Song Lyrics Arabic, Rio Rita Austin, Kid Buu Clone, Phantasm Wiki, The Chimney Sweeper Sparknotes, Nationals League, Divian Ladwa Age, Iris The Movie 2010 English Subtitle, 90s Vintage T-shirts, Sound Of The Mountain Naruse, Jay Meaning In Tamil, Nba Championship Rings For Sale, Flying Without Wings Westlife Lyrics, The Beekeeper's Apprentice Series Order, Livingston Alves Mcconaughey, Talladega Nights Baby Jesus Gif, Astros Players Punishment, Andrew Bird Whistling, Who Won The Baseball World Series In 1929, Dim Sum Funeral Ending, Artpop Act 2, Isabelle Carré Du Côté Des Indiens, Rizvi Group Owner, Phantom Of The Opera Erik Character Analysis, Lady Snowblood Kill Bill, Stop On A Dime Basketball, Dragon Ball Yo Son Goku And His Friends Return Canon, Dragonheart: Battle For The Heartfire Review, Baby Toby Labyrinth Outfit,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.