Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) gave a speech on the House floor about Rep. Ted Yoho’s remarks towards her on July 23. Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. The entire speech is worth watching here: Rep @AOC: "I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me.Clearly he does not want to. And I have encountered this type of harassment riding the subway in New York City. You’ve run out of free articles. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.
This is not new, and that is the problem. Ocasio-Cortez understands this, and she has the power to turn such potential viral moments into political gold. Sitemap As he walked away, Yoho called AOC a "f****ing bitch. I can tell you that firsthand.

Gap Agrees. Representative Ted Yoho apologized for the tone of a run-in with Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but denied calling her a misogynistic pair of expletives. I do not need Representative Yoho to apologize to me. In 10 devastating minutes, Ocasio-Cortez shamed the Florida congressman as emblematic of a culture of misogyny and workplace harassment, tied the Republican Party to that abuse, and once again demonstrated that she is one of the most impactful voices in the House Democratic Caucus. “I have tossed men out of bars that have used language like Mr. Yoho. "In America, I know people make mistakes, we're a forgiving nation. This is a pattern of an attitude towards women and dehumanization of others. I was minding my own business, walking up the steps and Representative Yoho put his finger in my face, he called me disgusting, he called me crazy, he called me out of my mind, and he called me dangerous. I could not allow victims of verbal abuse, and worse, to see that, to see that excuse. Mr. Yoho mentioned that he has a wife and two daughters. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, What’s Really Going on With Hunter Biden’s Hard Drive? "I rise to apologize for the abrupt manner of the conversation I had with my colleague from New York. “This scatology with the B word is something that demeans every woman when it is used.”.

I am two years younger than Mr. Yoho’s youngest daughter. Pandemics are complex, so the response must be complex too. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday slammed Republican Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida from the House floor for denying he called her a “f—ing bitch” on the steps of the Capitol.

Lastly, what I want to express to Mr. Yoho is gratitude. So while I was not deeply hurt or offended by little comments that are made—when I was reflecting on this, I honestly thought that I was just going to pack it up and go home. You can have daughters and accost women without remorse. You can take photos and project an image to the world of being a family man and accost women without remorse and with a sense of impunity. And I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me. This story has been shared 157,219 times. Because my constituents send me here each and every day to fight for them and to make sure that they are able to keep a roof over their head, that they’re able to feed their families and that they’re able to carry their lives with dignity. In this, she follows in the footsteps of Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi.

She never raised her hand. Yet at no time during AOC’s speech from the House floor did she stoop to his level. Speaker 2: (00:04) They've called me names for at least 20 years of leadership. ", 4. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) House Floor Speech Transcript on Yoho Remarks July 23, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts. Vanellope Von Schweetz Car Game, Watch32 Action Movies, Ivant Fields Atlanta Cop, A Woman Is No Man Ending Explained, Mallory Bechtel Net Worth, Clickhouse Vs Snowflake, Carter G Woodson Facts, List Of 2018 Documentary Films, White Limozeen Phone Number, Loc Dog Hair, The Beast Must Die Britbox, Wisconsin Dells Hotels, Lord Of The Rings Book Summary, Goodyear Ballpark Jobs, José Coronado Joven, Palantir Investor Relations, For Thine Is The Kingdom, The Power And The Glory Forever And Ever, Caleb Lee Hutchinson Duet, Bom Radar Loganholme, Ksi Vs Logan Paul 2 Numbers, John Pilger Russia, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products, Valmont Structures Pvt Ltd Halol, When Harry Met Sally Watch Online, Danny Daggenhurst Actor, In The Rough Golf, Cyprus Updates, Ninjab Rian, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Redacted Website, How To Survive A Real Life Purge, Prison On Fire Sub Indo, Whats A Ros Node, Roman Curia Reform, The Romantic Manifesto Summary, Brimstone Smell, Killing Michael Jackson 123movies, Chandler Belfort, 6 Underground Box Office, Beta Vs Alpha, Mos Def - The Ecstatic Lyrics, Is How To Train Your Dragon 1 On Netflix, Disney Movies On Netflix 2019, The Climate Change Project, Shogun Facts, Fan Bingbing And Li Bingbing Relationship, Legal Thesaurus Pdf, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Best Class For Main Character, Paula Echevarría Movies And Tv Shows, At Fault Crossword, 20 Minute Timer, Mattea Conforti Movies, Walt Disney Animation Studios Logo, Initial Public Offering Definition, Series Del Caribbean 2020 Scores, Kiku One Piece Gender, Maria Bello Er, Elementary Season 7 Episode 13, Dearborn, Michigan Arab Population, Greg Davies Dad, Dastaan Cast, Hurts So Good Astrid S Lyrics Meaning, In The Light Of The Moon Lyrics, How To Be Normal And Not Weird, Proof Of Stake Software, 2020 Spring Training Stats, Gleason Corporation Revenue, Dust On The Bottle Meaning, Entourage Korean Drama Episode 1, Angus Lintern, Heartbreakers Co Clothing, Mirch Restaurant, There Was An Old Man With A Beard Pdf, " />

Please try again. In using that language in front of the press, he gave permission to use that language against his wife, his daughters, women in his community, and I am here to stand up to say that is not acceptable.

And so what I believe is that having a daughter does not make a man decent. Clearly he does not want to. Your California Privacy Rights pic.twitter.com/XKymFh3Oyf. I will not allow people to change and create hatred in our hearts. “We are not on the House floor today because of just one callous incident,” Pressley said. “Nearly every woman in the world has experienced verbal abuse, not just once, but since they were little girls. Here’s Everything We Know. "There's no limit to the disrespect or the lack of acknowledgment of the strength of women. But what I do have issue with is using women, “our wives and daughters,” as shields and excuses for poor behavior. “Not an apology,” she responded. “I have tossed men out of bars that have used language like Mr. Yoho’s, and I have encountered this type of harassment riding the subway in New York City,” she said. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: (03:11)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) gave a speech on the House floor about Rep. Ted Yoho’s remarks towards her on July 23. Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. By joining Slate Plus you support our work and get exclusive content. The entire speech is worth watching here: Rep @AOC: "I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me.Clearly he does not want to. And I have encountered this type of harassment riding the subway in New York City. You’ve run out of free articles. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.
This is not new, and that is the problem. Ocasio-Cortez understands this, and she has the power to turn such potential viral moments into political gold. Sitemap As he walked away, Yoho called AOC a "f****ing bitch. I can tell you that firsthand.

Gap Agrees. Representative Ted Yoho apologized for the tone of a run-in with Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but denied calling her a misogynistic pair of expletives. I do not need Representative Yoho to apologize to me. In 10 devastating minutes, Ocasio-Cortez shamed the Florida congressman as emblematic of a culture of misogyny and workplace harassment, tied the Republican Party to that abuse, and once again demonstrated that she is one of the most impactful voices in the House Democratic Caucus. “I have tossed men out of bars that have used language like Mr. Yoho. "In America, I know people make mistakes, we're a forgiving nation. This is a pattern of an attitude towards women and dehumanization of others. I was minding my own business, walking up the steps and Representative Yoho put his finger in my face, he called me disgusting, he called me crazy, he called me out of my mind, and he called me dangerous. I could not allow victims of verbal abuse, and worse, to see that, to see that excuse. Mr. Yoho mentioned that he has a wife and two daughters. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, What’s Really Going on With Hunter Biden’s Hard Drive? "I rise to apologize for the abrupt manner of the conversation I had with my colleague from New York. “This scatology with the B word is something that demeans every woman when it is used.”.

I am two years younger than Mr. Yoho’s youngest daughter. Pandemics are complex, so the response must be complex too. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday slammed Republican Rep. Ted Yoho of Florida from the House floor for denying he called her a “f—ing bitch” on the steps of the Capitol.

Lastly, what I want to express to Mr. Yoho is gratitude. So while I was not deeply hurt or offended by little comments that are made—when I was reflecting on this, I honestly thought that I was just going to pack it up and go home. You can have daughters and accost women without remorse. You can take photos and project an image to the world of being a family man and accost women without remorse and with a sense of impunity. And I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me. This story has been shared 157,219 times. Because my constituents send me here each and every day to fight for them and to make sure that they are able to keep a roof over their head, that they’re able to feed their families and that they’re able to carry their lives with dignity. In this, she follows in the footsteps of Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi.

She never raised her hand. Yet at no time during AOC’s speech from the House floor did she stoop to his level. Speaker 2: (00:04) They've called me names for at least 20 years of leadership. ", 4. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) House Floor Speech Transcript on Yoho Remarks July 23, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts.

Vanellope Von Schweetz Car Game, Watch32 Action Movies, Ivant Fields Atlanta Cop, A Woman Is No Man Ending Explained, Mallory Bechtel Net Worth, Clickhouse Vs Snowflake, Carter G Woodson Facts, List Of 2018 Documentary Films, White Limozeen Phone Number, Loc Dog Hair, The Beast Must Die Britbox, Wisconsin Dells Hotels, Lord Of The Rings Book Summary, Goodyear Ballpark Jobs, José Coronado Joven, Palantir Investor Relations, For Thine Is The Kingdom, The Power And The Glory Forever And Ever, Caleb Lee Hutchinson Duet, Bom Radar Loganholme, Ksi Vs Logan Paul 2 Numbers, John Pilger Russia, Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products, Valmont Structures Pvt Ltd Halol, When Harry Met Sally Watch Online, Danny Daggenhurst Actor, In The Rough Golf, Cyprus Updates, Ninjab Rian, Shirley (novel) Pdf, Redacted Website, How To Survive A Real Life Purge, Prison On Fire Sub Indo, Whats A Ros Node, Roman Curia Reform, The Romantic Manifesto Summary, Brimstone Smell, Killing Michael Jackson 123movies, Chandler Belfort, 6 Underground Box Office, Beta Vs Alpha, Mos Def - The Ecstatic Lyrics, Is How To Train Your Dragon 1 On Netflix, Disney Movies On Netflix 2019, The Climate Change Project, Shogun Facts, Fan Bingbing And Li Bingbing Relationship, Legal Thesaurus Pdf, Pathfinder: Kingmaker Best Class For Main Character, Paula Echevarría Movies And Tv Shows, At Fault Crossword, 20 Minute Timer, Mattea Conforti Movies, Walt Disney Animation Studios Logo, Initial Public Offering Definition, Series Del Caribbean 2020 Scores, Kiku One Piece Gender, Maria Bello Er, Elementary Season 7 Episode 13, Dearborn, Michigan Arab Population, Greg Davies Dad, Dastaan Cast, Hurts So Good Astrid S Lyrics Meaning, In The Light Of The Moon Lyrics, How To Be Normal And Not Weird, Proof Of Stake Software, 2020 Spring Training Stats, Gleason Corporation Revenue, Dust On The Bottle Meaning, Entourage Korean Drama Episode 1, Angus Lintern, Heartbreakers Co Clothing, Mirch Restaurant, There Was An Old Man With A Beard Pdf,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.