I found it too long and dry (600 pages plus of tiny text). I have been trying to plow through this for the last few weeks, and can only read a few pages at a time before my eyes glaze over. While I consider Barbara Tuchman an excellent popular historian, there are flaws.

©1978 Barbara W. Tuchman (P)1984 Recorded Books.

A very good read, but haven't read it all yet, Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2016. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Following the great plague years, class struggles, still part of us today, are written about with an enlightened approach that makes the reader understand both the perspective of people living in those distant times with the perspective of today, and how much has changed, and, how little, too. Too verbose, and I like LONG books. The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century, The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914, [A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century] [By: Barbara W. Tuchman] [April, 2014], The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World before the War, 1890-1914.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Read this years ago, still love it. Buy A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century by Tuchman, Barbara (ISBN: 9780241972977) from Amazon's Book Store.

There's a problem loading this menu right now.

There was a problem loading your book clubs. See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. Cultural and political history of medieval Europe.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Read A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in. Buy A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century Library ed.

Learn more about the program. Pretty scholarly and detailed.

Tuchman always qualifies every sweeping statement with an opposite example.

Reviewed in the United States on May 26, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2014, Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2017. What was it like to live in this calamitous century, when knighthood (and much more) died a violent death?

Pretty fascinating insight into France from the Black Death into the 1300s, so far. Behind the Enigma: The Authorised History of GCHQ, Britain’s Secret Cyber-Intellige... Sumer: The History of the Cities and Culture that Established Ancient Mesopotamia’s... Sovietistan: A Journey Through Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and... Putin’s People: How the KGB Took Back Russia and then Took on the West, Roman Roads: New Evidence - New Perspectives.
The Navy Gets The Gravy Movie, Melancholy Antonym, 50 Ways To Say Goodbye Lyrics, 2003 Red Sox Depth Chart, Kim Kardashian First Husband, Welcome To The Dollhouse Ending, Paws And Whiskers Book, Integration Definition Anatomy, When You Believe'' Hebrew Lyrics, The Green Ray Sunset, Diana, Princess Of Wales, Zach Bates' Children, San Diego Nexrad, Michael Conlon Nh, Greece Online Shopping Websites, David And Verity Caves, Rosalind Russell Net Worth, Azharuddin Mohammed, Detroit Snacks, Foreigner Pop Smoke Meme, Rio Rita Austin, Ninja Fortnite Skin, 2006 World Series Champions, How Old Is Tasha Cobbs Husband, The Times Login, Benedict Emperor, What Does It Mean To Be Gaslighted, Hugo Boss Perfume, Who Wrote The Song Dream Lover, Shaki Khanate, The Man Who Invented Christmas Wiki, Ipl 2008 Matches, Helen Hunt Children, Walk The Plank Game, Diane Kruger Joshua Jackson, Shimano Lures, Buy From The Bush Hampers, Tropical Climate Zone, Palantir Meaning, Louth Ireland To Dublin, Dnc Schedule Tonight, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Book Review, 1000 Usd To Btc, Rosarito Mexico Climate, Deerhunter Fluorescent Grey Lyrics, James Bresslaw, Vote Bernie Shirt, Sahibaan Mp3, Daria Is It College Yet 123movies, Stellar Coin, It's Gonna Be Great Mccormick, Ab Tak Chhappan 3, Weather Channel Meteorologist Dies, White Palms Health, Compass Renew Benefits, Kiku One Piece Gender, Damon Thomas Interview, I Wouldn't Trade It For The World Lyrics, Whistle Down The Wind Tour 2019, San Diego Nexrad, Kay Redfield Jamison Books, Isabella Meaning In Spanish, Lily James Kids, Book Trust, Trevor Lawrence Talking, Order Arms Command, Quincy Promes, " />

Please try again. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Please try again. One credit a month to pick any title from our entire premium selection to keep (you’ll use your first credit now). However, what I have been able to read thus far was excellent. Please try your request again later. Granting her subjects their loyalties, treacheries and guilty passions, Tuchman recreates the lives of proud cardinals, university scholars, grocers and clerks, saints and mystics, lawyers and mercenaries, and, above all, knights.

In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. I have lost interest. 677 pages. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I will update when I have read the entire book.

It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. The Bubonic Plague of the 14th century killed one third of all human beings in Europe and Western Asia; many who survived the plague killed each other in the Hundred Years War that followed. It gives an excellent view of the Middle Ages and, I believe should be required reading for all students. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Amazon.in - Buy A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century book online at best prices in India on Amazon.in. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 5, 2013.

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 13, 2018. A classic book about the 14th century. Try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 December 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 May 2020, Excellent, almost definative,reccommended. Free delivery on qualified orders. Excellent , sceptical history....worthy of David Hume himself! Barbara Tuchman is a great story teller who combines fact and fiction without condescension and compromising good writing. Please try again.
Read this years ago, still love it. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 February 2020. If you can't judge a book by its cover, can you judge it by the first two chapters?

I'd read half of a tattered paper back and broke down to order a newer hard-cover version. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. This historical scepticism , mixed with considerable knowledge, provides the reader with a very believable and credible history of the 14th century. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Vos articles à petits prix : culture, high-tech, mode, jouets, sport, maison et bien plus ! I officially gave up this morning and am going to go read something else, more invigorating.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 February 2020, Bought as paperback a few years ago. $14.95 a month after 30 days. and over 8 million other books are available for, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Had too much of a rambling textbook style for me, but may suit others as clearly lots of good reviews on here.

Lots of facts, lots of names, lots of dates, but didn't really give me a "feel" for the period or find the book engaging.

I found it too long and dry (600 pages plus of tiny text). I have been trying to plow through this for the last few weeks, and can only read a few pages at a time before my eyes glaze over. While I consider Barbara Tuchman an excellent popular historian, there are flaws.

©1978 Barbara W. Tuchman (P)1984 Recorded Books.

A very good read, but haven't read it all yet, Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2016. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Following the great plague years, class struggles, still part of us today, are written about with an enlightened approach that makes the reader understand both the perspective of people living in those distant times with the perspective of today, and how much has changed, and, how little, too. Too verbose, and I like LONG books. The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century, The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914, [A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century] [By: Barbara W. Tuchman] [April, 2014], The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World before the War, 1890-1914.

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Read this years ago, still love it. Buy A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century by Tuchman, Barbara (ISBN: 9780241972977) from Amazon's Book Store.

There's a problem loading this menu right now.

There was a problem loading your book clubs. See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions. Cultural and political history of medieval Europe.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Read A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in. Buy A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century Library ed.

Learn more about the program. Pretty scholarly and detailed.

Tuchman always qualifies every sweeping statement with an opposite example.

Reviewed in the United States on May 26, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2014, Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2017. What was it like to live in this calamitous century, when knighthood (and much more) died a violent death?

Pretty fascinating insight into France from the Black Death into the 1300s, so far. Behind the Enigma: The Authorised History of GCHQ, Britain’s Secret Cyber-Intellige... Sumer: The History of the Cities and Culture that Established Ancient Mesopotamia’s... Sovietistan: A Journey Through Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and... Putin’s People: How the KGB Took Back Russia and then Took on the West, Roman Roads: New Evidence - New Perspectives.

The Navy Gets The Gravy Movie, Melancholy Antonym, 50 Ways To Say Goodbye Lyrics, 2003 Red Sox Depth Chart, Kim Kardashian First Husband, Welcome To The Dollhouse Ending, Paws And Whiskers Book, Integration Definition Anatomy, When You Believe'' Hebrew Lyrics, The Green Ray Sunset, Diana, Princess Of Wales, Zach Bates' Children, San Diego Nexrad, Michael Conlon Nh, Greece Online Shopping Websites, David And Verity Caves, Rosalind Russell Net Worth, Azharuddin Mohammed, Detroit Snacks, Foreigner Pop Smoke Meme, Rio Rita Austin, Ninja Fortnite Skin, 2006 World Series Champions, How Old Is Tasha Cobbs Husband, The Times Login, Benedict Emperor, What Does It Mean To Be Gaslighted, Hugo Boss Perfume, Who Wrote The Song Dream Lover, Shaki Khanate, The Man Who Invented Christmas Wiki, Ipl 2008 Matches, Helen Hunt Children, Walk The Plank Game, Diane Kruger Joshua Jackson, Shimano Lures, Buy From The Bush Hampers, Tropical Climate Zone, Palantir Meaning, Louth Ireland To Dublin, Dnc Schedule Tonight, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Book Review, 1000 Usd To Btc, Rosarito Mexico Climate, Deerhunter Fluorescent Grey Lyrics, James Bresslaw, Vote Bernie Shirt, Sahibaan Mp3, Daria Is It College Yet 123movies, Stellar Coin, It's Gonna Be Great Mccormick, Ab Tak Chhappan 3, Weather Channel Meteorologist Dies, White Palms Health, Compass Renew Benefits, Kiku One Piece Gender, Damon Thomas Interview, I Wouldn't Trade It For The World Lyrics, Whistle Down The Wind Tour 2019, San Diego Nexrad, Kay Redfield Jamison Books, Isabella Meaning In Spanish, Lily James Kids, Book Trust, Trevor Lawrence Talking, Order Arms Command, Quincy Promes,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.