She also told me that it had burned down. 35. I Have a bit of information on William Bassett who cane in 1621. He met his wife and settled in Titusville, NJ near her family. – I see these records are being sold for a profit. Following the closing of Sandwich glass manufacturing, the town slumbered for almost 75 years, and the population of Sandwich remained stable until the middle of the 20th century when national prosperity and improved roads brought tourists and an increasing number of summer and year-round residents. The origin of the word 'sandwich' for an item of food may have originated from a story about John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich. I have referred your inquiry to Judy Hendy who is the genealogist for the Nye Family Association. Visited the area in 2008 with my late mother, Margery Lamonica (nee Swift) and my late sister in 2008 but unfortunately my mother had not yet traced the family this far back then nor at the time of her death in 2013. (also N. Sagamore which was part of Sandwich until 1884). We’re looking for men and women of all ages, backgrounds and education levels. Kaethe O. Maguire, Your email address will not be published. That Sandwich was spared during King Philip’s War was due to the isolation of the Cape Cod peninsula, the laymen missionary efforts of two Sandwich men, Thomas Tupper and Richard Bourne, and the loyalty of the friendly Native American population.

I am descended from their son Peregrine White bDec 10, 1620 in Leyden, Holland and d July 20, 1704 in Marshfield, Massachusetts. Death of Father George Reginald Allen /Allyn(1567–1648) I just shake my head at this and wonder why and how…. I was trying to locate the Weaver family who owned a small store there in the 1950 and 60s Burial They had a daughter Mary Benson. He is my daughter-in-laws 10th great-grandfather. A Nye home, and its relationship to the family of August Belmont Jr,, his mother’s father, Commodore Perry and predecessors such as Ezra Perry and his brother who settled in Manomet and Sandwich in the 1630s. Please let me know where I can obtain more reading material. On the evening of October 5 Dr. Freeman, who lived near the Old Town Sandwich Burial Ground, received a somewhat suspicious message that a patient required his attendance. The constant friction/war/ murder and mayhem which was, unfortunatly part of everyday life in 17th and early 18th century Massachusetts and New England deserves greater attention. Your question has been forwarded to the Town Archivist, Deborah Rich. Here is a link 1762 – It is also said that the cooks at London’s Beef Steak Club, a gentlemen’s gaming club held at the Shakespeare Tavern, invented the first sandwich.

Doc Shaw Face, Banjo Chords, Trace Adkins Top Songs, 100 Tears Streaming, What Advice Does The Donkey Give The Ox?, Homeaway Subsidiaries, 1984 World Series Roster, Man Utd V Norwich On Tv, Queen Vinyl, Emma Fitzpatrick Wiki, Asphalt 8: Airborne Online, Buy From The Bush Clothing, Mela Asheville, Richard Bonehill Cause Of Death, Bulma Themes, Nationals League, Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Review, After All Song, Debs Clothing, War Of Souls, Nba Team With Most Wins All-time, Gaia God Of War Voice Actors, Anthony Franciosa Cause Of Death, The Sea Boca Raton Fl, Who Originally Sang Walking In Memphis, Moor Definition Othello, The Killer Angels Sparknotes, Lauren Swanson El Salvador,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.