Narrated by Quiet Riot photographer, lighting designer, lyricist and friend, Ron Sobol, the film offers a gripping behind-the-scenes portrait of two close friends as they embark on an uphill quest for stardom .

I just happened to... It’s just a few days before the tragic events of 9/11 and the only sound that can be heard on the street is a ringing phone. Your email address will not be published. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Directed by Regina Russell Banali.

It’s a film about Quiet Riot, and it works in that way, but it excels as a film about friendship, survival, responsibility and personal identity. Quiet Riot: Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back Well… I think he did. The career of Frankie Banali, the band's drummer, reached a serious crossroads when his best friend and singer Kevin DuBrow died in 2007. I was delighted to see the Quiet Riot documentary included in the program for the NXNE film festival here in Toronto! It’s about a friendship and what it takes to survive when you lose, or think you’ve lost, something integral to your very soul. Was this review helpful to you? Watch Award This! With Drew Forsyth, Lori Hollen, Stan Lee, Randy Rhoads. The spine of this film isn’t about the band’s rise to glory, or a greatest hits run through with talking heads proclaiming the band’s greatness at every turn (though some of that does exist). Never did I feel bashed over the head with messages or emotionally manipulated but rather was presented information that I was allowed to process for myself. Thanks!! You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. I can’t wait to see it! This film is a definite must for fans of the genre as well as non fans alike. Basically, my knowledge of Quiet Riot revolved around the radio hits, and that’s roughly it.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'filmthreat_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',111,'0','0'])); So I came into Regina Russell’s feature documentary about Quiet Riot, Well Now You’re Here, There’s No Way Back, prepared to learn a few things. So I came into Regina Russell’s feature documentary about Quiet Riot, Well Now You’re Here, There’s No Way Back, prepared to learn a few things. I knew what iconic lead singer Kevin DuBrow looked and sounded like, but I couldn’t have told you anything about anyone else in the band, or even pick them out of a line-up; something that, frankly, even longtime fans of the band might’ve had difficulty with. For one, since hair metal was something that I just suddenly realized was everywhere one day, I didn’t have any idea that Quiet Riot was the band that ushered in that era.

View production, box office, & company info, Quiet Riot: Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back. Build up your Halloween Watchlist with our list of the most popular horror titles on Netflix in October. Nice review. I share that tidbit to give you an idea of where my Quiet Riot knowledge has, until this day, lived and died. And I absolutely had my eyes opened. I don’t know this in the true absolute historical sense mind you. Visit our full length Privacy Policy to get informed on our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information we receive from users. My answer? It is a cheeky look back at the heyday where legendary excesses launched and killed the careers of many a great band.

| April 30, 2014. Some bands deserve another shot, and another...and another...and another. (2014).

Required fields are marked *. I can’t even get into the plight of on-again-off-again bassist Chuck Wright, who is the victim of some of the film’s most humorous moments due to the prevailing ignorance of his legacy with the band.

Your email address will not be published. And I absolutely had my eyes opened. Add the first question.

My Dad swore it was a cover, originally recorded by the band Slade in the early ’70s, and he had the album to prove it (this was pre-Wikipedia). Some bands deserve another shot, and another...and another...and another. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? WELL NOW YOU’RE HERE, THERE’S NO WAY BACK: THE QUIET RIOT MOVIE. All included in our $16.99 streaming option and on the DVD. I knew the Metal Health album, though I came to it later in life (I was more into Return of the Jedi during that timeframe, though I remember seeing that album cover and being haunted for years long before I actually listened to it all the way through). Steven Greenstein’s film about his father, Joseph Greenstein documents the life of a man who started as a sickly tubercular child and wound up as a... Did you know that Dostoyevsky had epilepsy? In this case, the enduring friendship between lead singer DuBrow and drummer Frankie Banali is a consistent touchstone, delivering the band through good times and bad, that is shattered when DuBrow overdoses on a mix of substances in 2007. Funny and informative extended interviews with some of our cast, unique clips, musical performance, a tour of Musonia music school, deleted scenes, not available on any other VOD platform. With Steven Adler, Eric Baker, Frankie Banali, Kevin Boisvert. But it is so much more than that. As he moves forward with the idea, he gets static from the faithful who believe DuBrow irreplaceable, deals with his own issues of anger and resentment towards his dead friend for abandoning him and the band and, slowly, rekindles the spark of love for music that got him drumming in the first place. admin

I laughed, I cried, I was singing along in my seat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Only on our site can you get access to these 15 bonus features created just for the DVD and our online streaming. I’m curious where I can see it. Years later, Banali realizes he must forge ahead and make a new life for himself and his daughter, and he goes on an alternately tragic and hilarious quest to reunite the band and fill the immense void left by his bandmate.

Use the HTML below. A funny andinspiring documentary that chronicles the rise, fall and resurrection of '80s metal band Quiet Riot. It is filled with humour, affectionate teasing and a lot of love. We get to see the reality of a band that is far beyond its heyday but still going, or at least attempting to stay out there despite being dismissed and, in some cases, let down by their own endeavors.

Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. 104 minutes, Check out the SIGNED CDS, ALBUMS and T-SHIRTS on the MERCH page.

Without his best friend, the only other truly enduring member of Quiet Riot over the years, Banali finds himself adrift in life and unable to continue playing music as Quiet Riot. One of them related to a bet he got in with a younger co-worker one day, that he hoped I’d back him up on. A funny andinspiring documentary that chronicles the rise, fall and resurrection of '80s metal band Quiet Riot. I was impressed by the candour, openness and vulnerability of many of those interviewed (most notably Frankie Banali himself) and also by the skill of Regina Russell in capturing it.

I would love to see this, it hasnt been at any theaters in my area, when will it be on DVD for me to buy it??
Stained Glass Supplies, Way Down Deep Games, Kenny Rogers Will And Testament, The Last Unicorn I'm Alive, Is Redbubble Safe To Buy From, Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves Short Story, Definition Of Fake Love, Unicorns Of Love, Sing Street Broadway, Randy Orton Height, Role Of European Investment Bank, Francisco Franco Political Party, Dubbo Rainfall History, Immortal Love Game, Lst Lol, Stewart Butterfield Email, Peter Ustinov Ww2, Jye Caldwell Highlights, Frozen 3 Release Date 2023, Diavolo Daughter, Liza Jane Music, Morning Call Inverness, A Single Girl Movie Online, One Man Acoustic Band, Sashimono Woodworking, Children's Book Prizes 2020, " />

If you want a crash course in Quiet Riot, you’ll get it.

By Directed by Ron Sobol. The show that celebrates the best in independent film!

8 of 8 people found this review helpful. The career of Frankie Banali, the band's drummer, reached a serious crossroads when his best friend and singer Kevin DuBrow died in 2007. But that’s not all there is. Search for "Quiet Riot: Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back" on Amazon.com, Title: I think it would’ve been easy to just create a lazy extension of the band’s Behind the Music episode, but this film delivers something more human than myth-making that we can all relate to in some way. Will it be in theaters or straight to DVD? It is a testament to friendship and loyalty, perseverance and passion, being true to yourself and following your path. If the running gag in This Is Spinal Tap is that they can’t keep a drummer, the running gag in Quiet Riot is that every position in the band has had revolving members, with the drummer winding up as the most consistent of them all. This FAQ is empty. This could’ve been nothing but sex, drugs and rock and roll (and there’s certainly that in here too), but it finds a more human core when it explores Banali and DuBrow’s friendship, and the life-altering fallout of that kinship, for better or worse. There’s a dirty phone... Film Threat cares about your privacy and the security of your information. Over the course of my life, my father and I have gotten into some odd conversations and arguments about music, usually where our tastes diverged. The bet was over the song “Cum On Feel The Noize,” and his co-worker’s assertion that the song was a Quiet Riot original. It offers an unlikely and surprisingly personal account of coping with the loss of a friend. Being a child of the ’80s, I went with Quiet Riot too… and I was totally wrong.
Narrated by Quiet Riot photographer, lighting designer, lyricist and friend, Ron Sobol, the film offers a gripping behind-the-scenes portrait of two close friends as they embark on an uphill quest for stardom .

I just happened to... It’s just a few days before the tragic events of 9/11 and the only sound that can be heard on the street is a ringing phone. Your email address will not be published. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. Directed by Regina Russell Banali.

It’s a film about Quiet Riot, and it works in that way, but it excels as a film about friendship, survival, responsibility and personal identity. Quiet Riot: Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back Well… I think he did. The career of Frankie Banali, the band's drummer, reached a serious crossroads when his best friend and singer Kevin DuBrow died in 2007. I was delighted to see the Quiet Riot documentary included in the program for the NXNE film festival here in Toronto! It’s about a friendship and what it takes to survive when you lose, or think you’ve lost, something integral to your very soul. Was this review helpful to you? Watch Award This! With Drew Forsyth, Lori Hollen, Stan Lee, Randy Rhoads. The spine of this film isn’t about the band’s rise to glory, or a greatest hits run through with talking heads proclaiming the band’s greatness at every turn (though some of that does exist). Never did I feel bashed over the head with messages or emotionally manipulated but rather was presented information that I was allowed to process for myself. Thanks!! You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. I can’t wait to see it! This film is a definite must for fans of the genre as well as non fans alike. Basically, my knowledge of Quiet Riot revolved around the radio hits, and that’s roughly it.eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'filmthreat_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',111,'0','0'])); So I came into Regina Russell’s feature documentary about Quiet Riot, Well Now You’re Here, There’s No Way Back, prepared to learn a few things. So I came into Regina Russell’s feature documentary about Quiet Riot, Well Now You’re Here, There’s No Way Back, prepared to learn a few things. I knew what iconic lead singer Kevin DuBrow looked and sounded like, but I couldn’t have told you anything about anyone else in the band, or even pick them out of a line-up; something that, frankly, even longtime fans of the band might’ve had difficulty with. For one, since hair metal was something that I just suddenly realized was everywhere one day, I didn’t have any idea that Quiet Riot was the band that ushered in that era.

View production, box office, & company info, Quiet Riot: Well Now You're Here, There's No Way Back. Build up your Halloween Watchlist with our list of the most popular horror titles on Netflix in October. Nice review. I share that tidbit to give you an idea of where my Quiet Riot knowledge has, until this day, lived and died. And I absolutely had my eyes opened. I don’t know this in the true absolute historical sense mind you. Visit our full length Privacy Policy to get informed on our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information we receive from users. My answer? It is a cheeky look back at the heyday where legendary excesses launched and killed the careers of many a great band.

| April 30, 2014. Some bands deserve another shot, and another...and another...and another. (2014).

Required fields are marked *. I can’t even get into the plight of on-again-off-again bassist Chuck Wright, who is the victim of some of the film’s most humorous moments due to the prevailing ignorance of his legacy with the band.

Your email address will not be published. And I absolutely had my eyes opened. Add the first question.

My Dad swore it was a cover, originally recorded by the band Slade in the early ’70s, and he had the album to prove it (this was pre-Wikipedia). Some bands deserve another shot, and another...and another...and another. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? WELL NOW YOU’RE HERE, THERE’S NO WAY BACK: THE QUIET RIOT MOVIE. All included in our $16.99 streaming option and on the DVD. I knew the Metal Health album, though I came to it later in life (I was more into Return of the Jedi during that timeframe, though I remember seeing that album cover and being haunted for years long before I actually listened to it all the way through). Steven Greenstein’s film about his father, Joseph Greenstein documents the life of a man who started as a sickly tubercular child and wound up as a... Did you know that Dostoyevsky had epilepsy? In this case, the enduring friendship between lead singer DuBrow and drummer Frankie Banali is a consistent touchstone, delivering the band through good times and bad, that is shattered when DuBrow overdoses on a mix of substances in 2007. Funny and informative extended interviews with some of our cast, unique clips, musical performance, a tour of Musonia music school, deleted scenes, not available on any other VOD platform. With Steven Adler, Eric Baker, Frankie Banali, Kevin Boisvert. But it is so much more than that. As he moves forward with the idea, he gets static from the faithful who believe DuBrow irreplaceable, deals with his own issues of anger and resentment towards his dead friend for abandoning him and the band and, slowly, rekindles the spark of love for music that got him drumming in the first place. admin

I laughed, I cried, I was singing along in my seat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Only on our site can you get access to these 15 bonus features created just for the DVD and our online streaming. I’m curious where I can see it. Years later, Banali realizes he must forge ahead and make a new life for himself and his daughter, and he goes on an alternately tragic and hilarious quest to reunite the band and fill the immense void left by his bandmate.

Use the HTML below. A funny andinspiring documentary that chronicles the rise, fall and resurrection of '80s metal band Quiet Riot. It is filled with humour, affectionate teasing and a lot of love. We get to see the reality of a band that is far beyond its heyday but still going, or at least attempting to stay out there despite being dismissed and, in some cases, let down by their own endeavors.

Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. 104 minutes, Check out the SIGNED CDS, ALBUMS and T-SHIRTS on the MERCH page.

Without his best friend, the only other truly enduring member of Quiet Riot over the years, Banali finds himself adrift in life and unable to continue playing music as Quiet Riot. One of them related to a bet he got in with a younger co-worker one day, that he hoped I’d back him up on. A funny andinspiring documentary that chronicles the rise, fall and resurrection of '80s metal band Quiet Riot. I was impressed by the candour, openness and vulnerability of many of those interviewed (most notably Frankie Banali himself) and also by the skill of Regina Russell in capturing it.

I would love to see this, it hasnt been at any theaters in my area, when will it be on DVD for me to buy it??

Stained Glass Supplies, Way Down Deep Games, Kenny Rogers Will And Testament, The Last Unicorn I'm Alive, Is Redbubble Safe To Buy From, Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves Short Story, Definition Of Fake Love, Unicorns Of Love, Sing Street Broadway, Randy Orton Height, Role Of European Investment Bank, Francisco Franco Political Party, Dubbo Rainfall History, Immortal Love Game, Lst Lol, Stewart Butterfield Email, Peter Ustinov Ww2, Jye Caldwell Highlights, Frozen 3 Release Date 2023, Diavolo Daughter, Liza Jane Music, Morning Call Inverness, A Single Girl Movie Online, One Man Acoustic Band, Sashimono Woodworking, Children's Book Prizes 2020,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.