In an interview, Dead Ringers (1988) director, David Cronenberg, said this was not a horror movie, but a "psychological drama." There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Video availability outside of United States varies. Ultimately I found the film to be about addiction and how trying to separate something from what ever they are addicted to, might just kill them. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Their ability to instantly switch identities leads them to a shared relationship with a well-known actress (Genevieve Bujold) and, ultimately, a physical and psychological tailspin that sends them both to the brink of madness and death. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Bravo! It's a brilliant film and of course is a 5 star feature in every way. Cronenberg diverts from horror--but not too far, Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2019. But when Beverly pursues a kinky, drug-addicted affair with the actress, his more self-controlled brother is helpless to prevent their mutual decline.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Unable to add item to List. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 20, 2016. The films follows them as their lives slowly unravel ending in tragedy. As for the extras there's a 57mimute portrait of David Cronenberg in English with removable French subtitles, short feature's in English with forced subtitles, and a useless ( to me) feature all in French without English subtitles. This is of course the moment when Cronberg made the transition from being the 'Baron of Blood' and 'Dave Deprave' after his smash hit SF 'the Fly' and started to make his other nickname 'The King of Venereal Horror' morph into that of 'Acclaimed ArtHouse' director. --Jeff Shannon, The Criterion Collection DVD includes illuminating commentary by Cronenberg, Irons, production designer Carol Spier, and others; extensive production information; interviews with the principal cast; and a detailed examination of the film's groundbreaking use of invisible special effects. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 25, 2018. MPC. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 13, 2017. Like many other films by Canadian director David Cronenberg (especially Crash), Dead Ringers presents the cinematic and psychological equivalent of an automobile accident--you dare not look, but you can't turn away. The film in question is one of Cronenbergs best ( I possess 16 of his feature length films on DVD & BD - so I have seen a fair number of his movies) and Jeremy Irons double performance as the Mantle twins is very good. The film is very uneventful. This is of course the moment when Cronberg made the transition from being the 'Baron of Blood' and 'Dave Deprave' after his smash hit SF 'the Fly' and started to make his other nickname 'The King of Venereal Horror' morph into that of 'Acclaimed ArtHouse' director. So far Videodrome has been my favorite Cronenberg film. Well, wrong. David Cronenberg is a true auteur - the real thing. Unfortunately, this movie ended up being another cautionary tale about the dangers of getting your hopes up in Horror — although probably the most confusing example I've ever watched. I have watched Rabid, Scanners, and Videodrome.

Nevertheless, Cronenberg's psyche seems to be conjoined with horror like Siamese twins, as elements of horror prevail in the climax and subtly in other scenes, e.g. Since I didn't watch the bonus features until after the movie, I went into the film expecting horror--and wasn't displeased. It takes a brave man to venture into this side of human nature again and again. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. However you might describe the Cronenberg’s works, probably adjectives “ deep” or “moving” would not be the obvious choice there. So far Videodrome has been my favorite Cronenberg film.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. I have the Warner Brothers 2005 release of this film on DVD, which has some cool … I just don't think it's as captivating or interesting as Videodrome. I assume any potential customer for this French BD is familiar with David Cronenberg's output and the story, more or less of this film.

Utilizing innovative split-screen technology (years before computer manipulation made such trickery much easier), the film stars Jeremy Irons in flawless dual roles as the identical brothers Beverly and Elliot Mantle.

The Invisible War Book, Jay Ferguson The Office, Barbara Douglas, Wished Sentence For Class 2, Kendra Duggar Siblings, Ethel Riverdale, Kassius Lijah Marcil-green And Megan Fox, King Agnarr Age, Olivier Theyskens Pronunciation, Sydney Weather Yearly, Vern Tessio Death, War Of The Gargantuas 123movies, Journeys With George Movie Answers, Isaac Woodvine, Italy Hungary Flag, Rico Gloves Coupon, Prometheus Mythology, One Potato, Two Potato Book, Worlds Hardest Game 2 Hacked, Parsifal Opera, " />

Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2020. I have watched Rabid, Scanners, and Videodrome.

Since I didn't watch the bonus features until after the movie, I went into the film expecting horror--and wasn't displeased. Dead Ringers was the 9th Cronenberg film that I've seen, and I absolutely love his creative, bizarre, provocative work. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 7 days to finish once started. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Duracell - CopperTop AAA Alkaline Batteries - long lasting, all-purpose Double A ba... Energizer Max D Batteries, Premium Alkaline D Cell Batteries (12 Battery Count). In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Nevertheless, Cronenberg's psyche seems to be conjoined with horror like Siamese twins, as elements of horror prevail in the climax and subtly in other scenes, e.g. The film is very uneventful. The films follows them as their lives slowly unravel ending in tragedy.

I really don't see how David Cronenberg makes the films that he does without going crazy. Select the department you want to search in. This is a very important film in Cronenberg's evolution and has to be near the top of his unique and influential filmography. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 21, 2018. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Or $0.00 with a Shout! His performance as the shy and sensitive Beverly who falls in love with a patient that has already been seduced and cast aside by his more confident brother Elliot. (One look at the movie's display of bizarre gynecological instruments and you'll know why women find this film particularly--and unforgettably--disturbing.) The picture quality of the main feature is good, an improvement on the existing DVD, recommended. Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2017. Boundary Issues: The Movie (Possible Spoilers), Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2020. Factory TV trial on Prime Video Channels, Dead Ringers [Collector's Edition] [Blu-ray], FREE Shipping on your first order shipped by Amazon, $0.00 with a Stingray Karaoke trial on Prime Video Channels. Yet I have a respect for him. Much credit to a fantastic, one-for-the-ages, dual performance by Jeremy Irons. I would love to read other peoples reviews on it because there were a lot of things that I felt served no purpose. MPC. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021.

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Well, wrong. All of his movies are so cold, clinical, and moldy. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Excellent acting, but there is not enough story to fill 2 long hours. And, super fine acting was delivered in this film as well. Although the film is showing it's age so the quality isn't great it doesn't detract from the film itself. In this way Dead Ringers becomes a fascinating and stylistically clinical study of duality, and Cronenberg doesn't shy away from the dark and unpleasant aspects of the story. But the main reason for review is to let Cronenberg fans know that the FRENCH SUBTITLES FOR THE FEATURE FILM ' CAN ' BE REMOVED and the film enjoyed in English. But the main reason for review is to let Cronenberg fans know that the FRENCH SUBTITLES FOR THE FEATURE FILM ' CAN ' BE REMOVED and the film enjoyed in English. Removable subtitles - Good Blu-ray - Great Film. Jeremy Irons' tour-de-force performance-as both twins-raises disturbing questions about the nature of personal identity. Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2017. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Travelling or based outside United States?

The picture quality of the main feature is good, an improvement on the existing DVD, recommended.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 13, 2017. --Jeff Shannon. Dead Ringers I do not think is a bad movie. I was kind of waiting for it to take some kind of turn or do something, anything that would get a response but it never did.

Otherwise pacing is painful. Inspired performance from both Jeremy Irons and Genevieve Bujold , sinister visuals, atmosphere of impending doom- place “ Dead ringers” rightly among the very best of the psychological horror genre. Because there is two of them. Twin gynecologists take full advantage of the fact that nobody can tell them apart, until their relationship begins to deteriorate over a woman. Sporting a well-paced story, excellent cinematography, excellent acting, and a crushingly tragic ending, DR misses the mark by only one detail: It's about as understandable and cheerful as a mass pink elephant suicide-pact. "Dead Ringers" (DR) is a movie that had my hopes up when I finally got a chance to watch it: A Cronenburg film whose plot summary hinted at a surreal story, but left virtually everything to the imagination, sounded like an incredible Horror gem just waiting to be watched.

In an interview, Dead Ringers (1988) director, David Cronenberg, said this was not a horror movie, but a "psychological drama." There's a problem loading this menu right now.

Video availability outside of United States varies. Ultimately I found the film to be about addiction and how trying to separate something from what ever they are addicted to, might just kill them. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Their ability to instantly switch identities leads them to a shared relationship with a well-known actress (Genevieve Bujold) and, ultimately, a physical and psychological tailspin that sends them both to the brink of madness and death. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.

Bravo! It's a brilliant film and of course is a 5 star feature in every way. Cronenberg diverts from horror--but not too far, Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2019. But when Beverly pursues a kinky, drug-addicted affair with the actress, his more self-controlled brother is helpless to prevent their mutual decline.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Unable to add item to List. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 20, 2016. The films follows them as their lives slowly unravel ending in tragedy. As for the extras there's a 57mimute portrait of David Cronenberg in English with removable French subtitles, short feature's in English with forced subtitles, and a useless ( to me) feature all in French without English subtitles. This is of course the moment when Cronberg made the transition from being the 'Baron of Blood' and 'Dave Deprave' after his smash hit SF 'the Fly' and started to make his other nickname 'The King of Venereal Horror' morph into that of 'Acclaimed ArtHouse' director. --Jeff Shannon, The Criterion Collection DVD includes illuminating commentary by Cronenberg, Irons, production designer Carol Spier, and others; extensive production information; interviews with the principal cast; and a detailed examination of the film's groundbreaking use of invisible special effects. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 25, 2018. MPC. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 13, 2017. Like many other films by Canadian director David Cronenberg (especially Crash), Dead Ringers presents the cinematic and psychological equivalent of an automobile accident--you dare not look, but you can't turn away. The film in question is one of Cronenbergs best ( I possess 16 of his feature length films on DVD & BD - so I have seen a fair number of his movies) and Jeremy Irons double performance as the Mantle twins is very good. The film is very uneventful. This is of course the moment when Cronberg made the transition from being the 'Baron of Blood' and 'Dave Deprave' after his smash hit SF 'the Fly' and started to make his other nickname 'The King of Venereal Horror' morph into that of 'Acclaimed ArtHouse' director. So far Videodrome has been my favorite Cronenberg film. Well, wrong. David Cronenberg is a true auteur - the real thing. Unfortunately, this movie ended up being another cautionary tale about the dangers of getting your hopes up in Horror — although probably the most confusing example I've ever watched. I have watched Rabid, Scanners, and Videodrome.

Nevertheless, Cronenberg's psyche seems to be conjoined with horror like Siamese twins, as elements of horror prevail in the climax and subtly in other scenes, e.g. Since I didn't watch the bonus features until after the movie, I went into the film expecting horror--and wasn't displeased. It takes a brave man to venture into this side of human nature again and again. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. However you might describe the Cronenberg’s works, probably adjectives “ deep” or “moving” would not be the obvious choice there. So far Videodrome has been my favorite Cronenberg film.

Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. I have the Warner Brothers 2005 release of this film on DVD, which has some cool … I just don't think it's as captivating or interesting as Videodrome. I assume any potential customer for this French BD is familiar with David Cronenberg's output and the story, more or less of this film.

Utilizing innovative split-screen technology (years before computer manipulation made such trickery much easier), the film stars Jeremy Irons in flawless dual roles as the identical brothers Beverly and Elliot Mantle.

The Invisible War Book, Jay Ferguson The Office, Barbara Douglas, Wished Sentence For Class 2, Kendra Duggar Siblings, Ethel Riverdale, Kassius Lijah Marcil-green And Megan Fox, King Agnarr Age, Olivier Theyskens Pronunciation, Sydney Weather Yearly, Vern Tessio Death, War Of The Gargantuas 123movies, Journeys With George Movie Answers, Isaac Woodvine, Italy Hungary Flag, Rico Gloves Coupon, Prometheus Mythology, One Potato, Two Potato Book, Worlds Hardest Game 2 Hacked, Parsifal Opera,

2020© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone. | Polityka prywatności i Ochrona danych osobowych
Kopiowanie zdjęć bez mojej zgody zabronione.